Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Supercell wrote: »
    APHA, the noose around my neck, panic sold half on the last dip to $8 now its around 10 and I should be back in the black on it but i'm not, lesson learned. Saving some to BTFD next time..

Just hold man. Canadian pension funds are sniffing around now so its long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Current holdings

Versastem - FDA approved cancer drug, ironically absolutely hammered post approval. Some complications with huge short interest post management convertible share offerings. However, I believe there will be a short squeeze sooner or later as the product and the technology appears strong.

Pluristem - Hopefully they have enough cash to get to market now and dilution is over. Again their product is very strong. Will have a million and 1 applications once full approval is inevitably given. Some interesting heavyweight partnerships like US army, NASA etc.,

Alliance minerals - Bald Hill Li mine looks to be mining a pretty premium product. The lithium market took a pretty serious hammering, but again I believe it's a market that can only grow.

Albermale - Another Li play, their SP was hammered when analysts played up lithium oversupply fears. The Li price has now stabilised and is again increasing. It appears like the Chinese are giving tax breaks to their own Lithium suppliers which is continuing to apply pricing pressure in a growing market.

Intel - needs no explanation

I'm happy with my portfolio only problem I see is the current economic climate. Hopefully can steer clear of another financial meltdown. However, considering it's been a huge bull run I'll likely deleverage most positions once exit points are reached. In an ideal world it would be a more hands off approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭XMG

TEX delayed earnings from 19th to 26th Feb, not usually a good sign, A rumor is that they have their eye on ASTE for a takeover though so who knows.
    AMRN is also the subject of a rumor that they are the target for NVS, having said that PFE were also supposed to have their eye on them.
    KINDI and NIO on 60 minutes today (Sunday), no idea how that went though, still, I wouldn't like to be short on them come market open on Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

My pharmas are all up a bit today? (Still in the red on each mind)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Don't know how apples up, Samsung and Huawei pretty much dropped an atom bomb on the iPad over the last few days, iPhone sales are already in the bin.
    Maybe it's the project Titan rumours giving it a boost. Either way a serious fall from grace is on the horizon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mach 3

Don't know how apples up, Samsung and Huawei pretty much dropped an atom bomb on the iPad over the last few days, iPhone sales are already in the bin.
    Maybe it's the project Titan rumours giving it a boost. Either way a serious fall from grace is on the horizon.

Not just apple imo. Time to lighten up a bit and take some profits on any gains this year. Can always get back in at a later stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

My portfolio is in the green for the first time in about 15mths... Gonna bank a bit of it this week

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Centamin down 30% since open! Thankful my holding is small, expect it to eventually rebound

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Whole portfolio up 2.1% so far today. NIO up almost 9%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Microsoft's Hololens 2 looks pretty good going by the release videos. What I think is interesting is the amount of global businesses that are already on board Mattel, BAM, Philips, Apple!!!. It seems that it'll be a rich toy at the moment but a game changer in augmented reality... who needs to make expensive phones any more when you can just click on your glasses!

Is the hype already built in to the share price rise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Underground

Dalata ticking along nicely, disappointed I sold at €5.50!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Picked up some IAG shares this morning at GBX 619. They are down 4% on the LSE due to them being kicked out of various European indices ahead of Brexit. eg MSCI

Brexit is not going to happen!!! so these moves will be reversed at some stage in the future.

Business wise IAG is going to be a big winner from all the budget airlines going bust...it has deep pockets and can ride out the turbulence....SP trades at significant PE discount to Ryanair and Easyjet, soo plenty of room for gains. It even pays a 4% div ...whats not to like here?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Brexit is not going to happen!!! so these moves will be reversed at some stage in the future.

Had to quote this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭littlevillage

vargoo wrote: »
    Had to quote this

Its going to be delayed (maybe indefinitely) or will be binned in a 2nd vote :)

I have been saying this for the last 6 Months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

What are peoples opinion on Google?

Can only see them doing more and more innovative stuff, long term holding surely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

What are peoples opinion on Google?

Can only see them doing more and more innovative stuff, long term holding surely

My biggest holding. They're a growth company being priced like a consumer stable.

NIO up another 12% today!

Cheers to the person who tipped them for which I followed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭whatever76

Microsoft's Hololens 2 looks pretty good going by the release videos. What I think is interesting is the amount of global businesses that are already on board Mattel, BAM, Philips, Apple!!!. It seems that it'll be a rich toy at the moment but a game changer in augmented reality... who needs to make expensive phones any more when you can just click on your glasses!

Is the hype already built in to the share price rise?

that I don't know TBH (hopefully not as been holding a long time and trying to decide when to sell :P) … but its ticking along nicely again today at 112.63 .. 4 dollars off peak so going to see how it goes over the next few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Austria! wrote: »
    My biggest holding. They're a growth company being priced like a consumer stable.

Google is really like a conglomerate albeit with above average growth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Well done to anybody who bought Midatech yesterday, up 325% today and another 30%+ after hours, was up 600% at one stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Well done to anybody who bought Midatech yesterday, up 325% today and another 30%+ after hours, was up 600% at one stage.

Where was the share pick tip?! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Back in on Ryanair at 9.85 after profit warning.
    I'd expect this to pay off longer term
    Thargor wrote: »
    Brave man.
    Turned out to be a good buy, was not expecting that tbh.

crushproof wrote: »
    Where was the share pick tip?! :)

Damn! I thought I had posted on this yesterday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Damn! I thought I had posted on this yesterday!

nope

nope

Well I did post about it last night, so no excuse for today.
    Could have made 30%/40%/50% (even 100% if you bought pre-market) in the first half hour's trading today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Well I did post about it last night, so no excuse for today.
    Could have made 30%/40%/50% (even 100% if you bought pre-market) in the first half hour's trading today
    Is that heading back to the 30's do you think? 1 year chart looks like crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dublin2000

A little off the topic question.

i haven't checked my Degiro account for a while, just logged in there and I see that there have been a lot of charges gone through in the last couple of months. They 2 types - FX Withdraw & Exchange connection fees. Total value not big at all, its about 15-20 euros but still a lot than I would understand it to be. I can probably understand those FX withdraw charges, they are seems to be every time I get dividend distribution because they are in US$ it is then converted to Euro hence a fee charged. Is there any way to avoid this? because I don't hold high balances of those shares, I get like a few $$ dividend then it is mostly taken by tax and FX withdraw charge.

Also, what is Exchange connection fee? I was charge a number of those fees by 2.5 euros each but I've done no transactions in that period.

Anyone play options?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Anyone play options?

I watch the degenerates on Reddit WSB and just laugh, too scared to do it. Do you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Pussyhands wrote: »
    NIO up another 12% today!

Cheers to the person who tipped them for which I followed!

Up 37% on this.

In it for the long term.

Advertisement