Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chargeback on card

• 03-01-2019 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

I made an online order in early December, on the 10th or the 11th, to an Irish shop. When there was no sign of it on the 21/22 of December, I sent an email requiring about my order. It was sent on the 17th of December. I thought maybe it might show up on Christmas Eve but no, there was nothing in the mail. Here we are now into new year's and the second day postal delivery after new year and still nothing.

I got in touch with who I ordered from and he is willing to rectify it by sending another order. At this stage, I want my money back.

How would I start a chargeback on the card?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

How would I start a chargeback on the card?

• Ask retailer for a full refund.
    • If they say no, ring the number on your card and tell them them story and ask them to raise a chargeback since the retailer did not supply good and refused a refund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭3DataModem

• Ask retailer for a full refund.
    • If they say no, ring the number on your card and tell them them story and ask them to raise a chargeback since the retailer did not supply good and refused a refund

And let me add:

If you don’t give the retailer a chance to rectify, you reduce the chance of your chargeback being approved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

3DataModem wrote: »
    And let me add:

If you don’t give the retailer a chance to rectify, you reduce the chance of your chargeback being approved.

And many card issuers have a fee for an unsuccessfull chargeback

Advertisement