Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Build - Bad Sale

Options
  • 03-01-2019 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭

https://www.adverts.ie/desktops/custom-build-pc/15965965

Would never criticize someones ad on adverts. its their ad even if it was wrong I wouldnt try ruin a potential sale , but I saw this and It cant be unseen ...and I know you have to add the Adverts tax .I have done this with everthing I sell but you have to be open to real world offers ...600 asking bit too much tax added to cover the low ball offers

the pictures show a kink in the loop right off the CPU , actually 2 kinks . if you took the pictures you could see them clearly ..FIX THEM

The Rad is Cable tied to the psu ...so your kinda just sucking in hot air into the PSU .

why put in a loop and just throw the PSU wires across everything , its a see through case ...everything needs to be neat

The CPU is old but k series so some life left in it for certain games .
    GFX card below 2GB ...limits a lot of stuff
    No issue with Ram that could be doubled handy enough if needed

would it not have been better to just split this or even rebuild neater and ask for 300 , they might get 225

sorry silly rant from me but it is bad, If the seller is on here I am sorry but its bad really bad .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Haha, this again. I think it was mentioned before in the off-topic thread. It's pretty bad, but one look should probably put off the vast majority of people. It has been up for 5 months for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

sorry did not see it in the off topic thread .mods can delete thread if they want , I typed out my annoyance so I feel better and have Moved on :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's fúcking hideous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah that was mentioned before, it's horrendous, and terribly put together, it's been for sale for ages and if I'm not mistaken the price was originally even worse of a piss take, like €1K or something?

Even a blind person would be offended by feeling that case and layout.

They'd be quite lucky to get €250 at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It's fúcking hideous.

Aye, my first thoughts, it takes a special skill to build something that offensive to the eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Might be this "item" is for sale as piece of art? And sentimental value is high...

Art comes in various forms and shapes....

Could be one sort of Abstract art samples.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

"Abstract Art "Ah now thats just reaching ..........
    is the green wire , braided green cable or is just a UV string thrown in for S and Giggles

Kinda wanted to offer €60 and at least just tidy it up . it hurts and offends my eyes ( so im not over what I saw )

and someone just commented on the ad saying what I was thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

I'm glad you have sense of humor and catch my drift:

After this "art" you never look at custom build same way as before.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Inquitus wrote: »
    Aye, my first thoughts, it takes a special skill to build something that offensive to the eye.

Maybe it looks cool as hell if your colourblind?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Venom wrote: »
    Maybe it looks cool as hell if your colourblind?

Can confirm it doesnt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

People are offering a ps4 and bits for it, I suppose if you say anything it's considered thread spoiling

My eyes hurt a little after looking at it, I wish I could unsee it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Can confirm it doesnt

Maybe one of those "social experiment" type gigs then as if its real, that monstrosity is so far beyond even the worst RGB nightmare, it really needs to be nuked from orbit.

Advertisement