Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shortcuts From Grafton Street to Connolly

Options
  • 03-01-2019 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

I just started working on Dawson Street and I am looking for the fastest route to Connolly.
    I commute daily and the walk is taking me 20 mins with foot traffic.
    I heard there was a shortcut across the Trinity campus on Nassau Street haven't had enough time to try it out as my timing is pretty tight.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

jiltednut wrote: »
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks!

As you said, you can enter Trinity via the Nassau Street Entrance, and exit Pearse Street, down Tara Street, cross the river and you there for Connolly.

Why Connolly, would Tara or Pearse Station not do the job for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Hi,

I just started working on Dawson Street and I am looking for the fastest route to Connolly.
    I commute daily and the walk is taking me 20 mins with foot traffic.
    I heard there was a shortcut across the Trinity campus on Nassau Street haven't had enough time to try it out as my timing is pretty tight.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

The quickest way is to enter TCD via the Nassau Street entrance, and then use the Pearse Street Gate West Entrance to get onto Pearse St., and then walk down Tara and across to Custom House Quays. Note that the gate in question has limited opening hours: https://www.tcd.ie/Maps/access-times.php

This is the exact route I jog home: https://www.strava.com/activities/2051074480

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jiltednut

Thanks Guys!

I'll try that in the morning when I have a little more time.
    Connolly is fine for me, I want the extra walk because I sit for 12 hours a day. although when its lashing down, Tara Street does look a lot better.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Dublin bikes might be a decent compromise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Thanks Guys!

Connolly is fine for me, I want the extra walk because I sit for 12 hours a day. although when its lashing down, Tara Street does look a lot better.

Thanks again!

Where are you going when you get to Connolly, If the Maynooth line, a Luas to Broom Bridge and get a train from there.

• Advertisement

From Connolly, I go to Mullingar.
    I already have my yearly ticket so this is what I do for now. Still learning where everything is relative to everywhere else but probably will change stations next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,788 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Quite a few Mullingar services don't stop at Broombridge, only a few do (2 in and 1 out I think) so it isn't a realistic option for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Thanks Guys!

Thanks again!

So you're looking for a short cut for your purposely longer walk?

Pelvis wrote: »

Exactly. More so as a time saver when I need to rush and there are pedestrians waddling around aimlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,967 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Exactly. More so as a time saver when I need to rush and there are pedestrians waddling around aimlessly.
    But if you're in a rush you can go to Tara St.

But if you're in a rush you can go to Tara St.

Not on the way home.
    Actually, yeah I could. Fair enough.

Tried it to and from the Train.

To the train: 4 mins faster.
    From the train: 3 mins faster.

More importantly, there are a lot less people to avoid or bump into.

Thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

Exactly what I was thinking... The mind boggles :rolleyes:

duckmusic wrote: »
    Exactly what I was thinking... The mind boggles :rolleyes:

The distance is pretty much the same but there are less moving targets to slow you down.. and I want what I want :/

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Dublin Bikes - check them out, I know you like the walk but cycling that route, especially cutting through Trinity makes a lot of sense when you are short on time.

Something like a 20euro annual subscription fee and pay as you go after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭KaneToad

The distance is pretty much the same but there are less moving targets to slow you down.. and I want what I want :/

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me, I do similar! It's a nightmare walking through groups of tourists or dawdlers. Stopping/starting all the way. Doesn't allow you to get into a good stride pace or walking rhythm.

You're not alone OP. ;)

Advertisement