Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switching Broadband Charged Partial or Full Month?

• 03-01-2019 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if I switched from Eir to another provider will I get charged the full month or partial month?

I've already received a bill to be paid on 11/01/19 for the period 26/12/18 to 25/01/19 but my line was installed on 02/01/18 and just ordered my new broadband today.

My last direct debit got bounced back and received a charge because I changed bank accounts even though I changed my details online. Not sure if I was unlucky or the online system is useless, just something people should take note.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

Block (8 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if I switched from Eir to another provider will I get charged the full month or partial month?

I've already received a bill to be paid on 11/01/19 for the period 26/12/18 to 25/01/19 but my line was installed on 02/01/18 and just ordered my new broadband today.

My last direct debit got bounced back and received a charge because I changed bank accounts even though I changed my details online. Not sure if I was unlucky or the online system is useless, just something people should take note.
    Hi there Block (8,

We are sorry to hear that you are looking to leave us.

When you cancel your account with us we require 30 days notice of the cancellation, therefore your final bill will be or a full month.

For more information on our cancellation process, please click here.

~Kellie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Hi Kellie

Tried all morning to contact the cancelling department and I either get cut off or the automated message that you are having a problem connecting to the department.

Is there any other way of notifying my cancellation? Thanks.

Advertisement