Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starbucks in Tallaght Hospital

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Poor Tallaght Hospital though

poor Starbucks arent gonna get my custom ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Pelvis wrote: »
    Why didn't you just make ham and cheese sandwiches and bring them in with you?

My mother was recently in the hospital for a number of weeks, we brought her home made sandwiches and/or a thermos full of soup.

Tbh I was leaving at 1am and back in for 7am nearly every day. You should be able to get decent food at reasonable prices in a hospital.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

At least the staff won't have you hassling them for free refills

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Starcrooks

are they paying their correct Tax these days or are they still avoiding it with loop-holes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

oh no, I hope I dont have to go to Tallaght hospital for treatment do I :eek: - I know I will take a packed lunch and a flask of soup ...
    Candie wrote: »
    I think you should consider the option. For all our sakes. :)

Rest assured there'll be a scintillating thread on it anyway...

just to think I made a new years resolution the other day to try and moan less and not let things get to me ....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

just to think I made a new years resolution the other day to try and moan less and not let things get to me ....

Well that's a spectacular fail

They should be delighted with that you scab.
    tried to blag a free cappuccino top up from Cannings (Spar) Sligo deli counter today .

I already spent 5.70euro for a cappuccino and a chicken and chips snackbox ... drunk my cappuccino and it didnt quite hit the spot so went over to the coffee machine and pored meself out another regular cappuccino.

Went to pay at the till and jokingly said with a smile 'would that be a free top-up' you know just chancing me arm like .. to which she then charged me for it .. I said gowan it is Christmas after all ... to which she says "Christmas is over" ...

Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Hospitals have visitors everyday , theres 100,s of people working in the hospital ,they need to take a break, i think nurse,s and doctors can afford
    2-3 euros, for a cup of coffee .
    i think young people now expect to have acess to a coffee shop everywhere they go.
    I see no problem with a starbucks opening in a hospital,
    as long as there,s other retail outlets there too.
    You can bring in your own food if you are visiting every day and are on a budget .

Candie wrote: »
    Jesus.

Honestly, it gets worse. Here's the thread. Starts off saying it's only banter but ends up fully believing a regular customer should be entitled to a freebie after spending his hard earned dosh. Whole thread is a car crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Do you think they have enough people in comas that they're actually selling them now? ;)

Costa on the ground floor, Starbucks a few floors up

I mean, look at this.
    What happened next
    paid it and wished the grinch happy new year ...
    feck me a big conglomerate like spar couldn't afford to suffer me a free cup of regular cappuccino .. even though i had already spent a fiver with em ....

Starbucks will be horrified.

... yet when muggin's here comes along and already has spent 5.70 of his hard earned money and chose specifically to give business to this particular establishment (there were other petrol stations in the area) well bloody hell, this hasnt done much for consumer relations much ....

Again, poor Starbucks... they'll be gutted at missing out on a gem like you.

I was embarrassed just reading the first page.

Andy, you need to cultivate some healthy shame!

Omackeral wrote: »
    Honestly, it gets worse. Here's the thread. Starts off saying it's only banter but ends up fully believing a regular customer should be entitled to a freebie after spending his hard earned dosh. Whole thread is a car crash.

oh do please change the record!

Says your man with two coffee shop threads....

Have you ever thought of taking your own advice?

It would make the world a better place

riclad wrote: »
    Hospitals have visitors everyday , theres 100,s of people working in the hospital ,they need to take a break, i think nurse,s and doctors can afford
    2-3 euros, for a cup of coffee .
    i think young people now expect to have acess to a coffee shop everywhere they go.
    I see no problem with a starbucks opening in a hospital,
    as long as there,s other retail outlets there too.
    You can bring in your own food if you are visiting every day and are on a budget .

can you bring your own food in and eat it in the hospital ?

• Advertisement

Maybe start a thread and ask?

I mean, look at this.

Starbucks will be horrified.

Getting bored at you dragging up old threads <yawn!> :rolleyes:

Maybe start a thread and ask?

Ffs don't encourage him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Yawn indeed. Sort yourself out man. Making a show of yourself.

Glad you agree with me - I dont know why people go searching for old threads and hijacking this one with another thread ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Glad you agree with me - I dont know why people go searching for old threads and hijacking this one with another thread ...
    Some people have nothing better to do. They should get a job. Or even a part time job. Even volunteer part time in a charity. It would be good for them and get them out of the confines of the house for a while. Breath fresh air instead of 24/7 on internet looking up posts that even the original posters have forgotten about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Ah Jaysus, Andy, you are an awful moan.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Some people have nothing better to do. They should get a job. Or even a part time job. Even volunteer part time in a charity. It would be good for them and get them out of the confines of the house for a while. Breath fresh air instead of 24/7 on internet looking up posts that even the original posters have forgotten about.

Na

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,968 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Only if you have a limp and your great grandparents beside you to sign your paperwork .

Advertisement