Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for response

Options
  • 03-01-2019 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Ahren,

I sent you and the other Eir reps a query by DM a number of days ago and didn't even get an acknowledgement! This was after waiting 2 and a half hours on the phone. Is this normal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Torcaill wrote: »
    Ahren,

I sent you and the other Eir reps a query by DM a number of days ago and didn't even get an acknowledgement! This was after waiting 2 and a half hours on the phone. Is this normal?
    Hi Torcaill, 

I have responded to your PM. 

The reason for the delay in responding is because of the reps here were not expecting a PM from yourself. There is always a delay in responding when it is unsolicited. 

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Ahren,

Hi Torcaill, 

The reason for the delay in responding is because of the reps here were not expecting a PM from yourself. There is always a delay in responding when it is unsolicited. 

Grainne
    Good God I'm glad I've just switched.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Torcaill

Ahren,

Hi Torcaill, 

Grainne

I read your reply which wasn't of much assistance!

I contacted the 4 reps on line here direct and did not have the courtesy of an acknowledgment!!
    I contact an agent on line and he wasn't able to find the account - despite giving him the account number and phone number.
    I contacted an agent on the phone and eventually spoke to one!!! She couldn't find the account even though the automated system was able to tell me what the balance is. She transferred me to a different section, followed by another long wait, only to be ..... disconnected!
    I called again - another long wait - transferred again - spoke to someone else - another long hold and another disconnection!!!
    Try to call back and after a further 30 mins I hung up.

Only after I hijacked someone else's post did I receive a reply!!! And this reply tells me I am not authorised to speak on behalf of my 86 year old father, despite him giving the authority to the rep on the phone last Monday!!!!
    I suggested that you check your recordings, but I doubt that you will do so!

And don't get me started on Eir overcharging me every month for the last 5 months on my own account - despite monthly confirmations from Eir that you have rectified the issue!!!

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Torcaill, I have just moved your posts into a thread of your own so that the other users issues and yours are not confused. 

Niamh.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Torcaill

As predicted, no effort made to confirm that authorisation was given to represent my 86 year father, despite him giving it over the phone last Monday! Fantastic customer service....

Two more accounts to be cancelled tomorrow!

• Advertisement
Advertisement