Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I register my laptop.

• 03-01-2019 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

After login when I select EDIT it does not allow me to register my laptop and states I must wait until next month.
    Guess what its the next month!

Please advise

Update, Read the 'Help' bit. Now my son & I are playing 'Where's Wally' to find the mythical and elusive '+' symbol,

Will provide further updates as to our progress on this magical quest.
    Son No 2 is now chanting "My precious" in a strange voice, no success.....

How to Swap Devices?

1) Click 'Edit'
    2) Select the device you no longer need
    3) Click on 'Remove device' option
    4) Choose '+' symbol to login and register your new device

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

AlfaGTV76 wrote: »
    After login when I select EDIT it does not allow me to register my laptop and states I must wait until next  month.

Please advise

Update, Read the 'Help' bit. Now my son & I are playing 'Where's Wally' to find the mythical and elusive '+' symbol,

How to Swap Devices?

1) Click 'Edit'
    Hi AlfaGTC76, 

Sorry to hear you are unable to register your laptop. 

Could you PM the following details and I can look into this?
    1. Your Account Number
    2. Your Full Name
    3. Your Address
    4. Your DOB
    5. You are the account holder. 

Could you also advise of your email address and I will look into this for you

Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,905 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

You need to redo every single time :)

The system is incapable of remembering a device.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sysmod

After login when I select EDIT it does not allow me to register my laptop and states I must wait until next  month.

Please advise

How to Swap Devices?

1) Click 'Edit'
    Hi AlfaGTC76, 

1. Your Account Number
    2. Your Full Name
    3. Your Address
    4. Your DOB

Grainne
    Grainne can I ask too?
    We have Eir landline and mobile connect 30. Broadband is not available to us in the sticks, we use a wireless provider.
    We have Eir Sport on the red app on the mobile. When I tried to get to livesport on the eir web site, it first told me that Chrome is not supported, nor Edge. I used IE and then it asked for a login but the login I used for the mobile did not work. 

1) Can we switch from watching on Android mobile to watching on a Windows 10 laptop?

2) If not can we cast from the eir app on Android mobile to a Chromecast attached to our TV? We'd need to buy the Chromecast which is currently not available in the shops, Euronics expect it in stock end-Jan.

Sysmod wrote: »

Please advise

How to Swap Devices?

1) Click 'Edit'
    Hi AlfaGTC76, 

1. Your Account Number
    2. Your Full Name
    3. Your Address
    4. Your DOB

Grainne
    Grainne can I ask too?
    We have Eir landline and mobile connect 30. Broadband is not available to us in the sticks, we use a wireless provider.
    We have Eir Sport on the red app on the mobile. When I tried to get to livesport on the eir web site, it first told me that Chrome is not supported, nor Edge. I used IE and then it asked for a login but the login I used for the mobile did not work. 

1) Can we switch from watching on Android mobile to watching on a Windows 10 laptop?

2) If not can we cast from the eir app on Android mobile to a Chromecast attached to our TV? We'd need to buy the Chromecast which is currently not available in the shops, Euronics expect it in stock end-Jan.
    Hi Sysmod, 

Details on how to view eir Sport online can be found here

In order to use eir Sport you will need to register your mobile number with my eir. 

Once this account is set up this is the login that you need to access eir Sport either on the app or online

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Please advise

How to Swap Devices?

1) Click 'Edit'
    Hi AlfaGTC76, 

1. Your Account Number
    2. Your Full Name
    3. Your Address
    4. Your DOB

Grainne
    Grainne can I ask too?

Hi Sysmod, 

In order to use eir Sport you will need to register your mobile number with my eir. 

Once this account is set up this is the login that you need to access eir Sport either on the app or online

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Grainne>In order to use eir Sport you will need to register your mobile number with my eir. 

(1) I have done that and can login on the web  and see "your balance on account" 
    https://www.eir.ie/sport/eir-customers/
    says
    "If you don't have eir broadband as part of your current package, you may not be eligible for eir sport."
    However, I can log in on the app on that mobile and watch Eir Sport on the registered mobile. 

But that login does NOT work on the web site on a Windows PC.

(2) I also see from https://www.eir.ie/sport/

under the Red App column,  "Chromecast enabled" has an X beside it meaning NOT available.

So the eir rep Mayank who told me I could watch on the web, and the shop who gave me a leaflet about Chromecast, were both wrong?

• Advertisement

Please advise

How to Swap Devices?

1) Click 'Edit'
    Hi AlfaGTC76, 

1. Your Account Number
    2. Your Full Name
    3. Your Address
    4. Your DOB

Grainne
    Grainne can I ask too?

Hi Sysmod, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Grainne>In order to use eir Sport you will need to register your mobile number with my eir. 

(1) I have done that and can login on the web  and see "your balance on account" 
    says
    "If you don't have eir broadband as part of your current package, you may not be eligible for eir sport."
    However, I can log in on the app on that mobile and watch Eir Sport on the registered mobile. 

under the Red App column,  "Chromecast enabled" has an X beside it meaning NOT available.

So the eir rep Mayank who told me I could watch on the web, and the shop who gave me a leaflet about Chromecast, were both wrong?
    Hi Sysmod, 

Thanks for your reply. 

What browser are you logging into the website on? eir Sport is only compatible on internet explorer 11 on windows PC's and Safari (less than version 12) for MacOS

Unfortunately, with mobile users, chromecast is not available. It is only an option if you have broadband. 

Let me know if this works for you

Grainne

Please advise

How to Swap Devices?

1) Click 'Edit'
    Hi AlfaGTC76, 

1. Your Account Number
    2. Your Full Name
    3. Your Address
    4. Your DOB

Grainne
    Grainne can I ask too?

Hi Sysmod, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

says

Hi Sysmod, 

Thanks for your reply. 

What browser are you logging into the website on? eir Sport is only compatible on internet explorer 11 on windows PC's and Safari (less than version 12) for MacOS

Unfortunately, with mobile users, chromecast is not available. It is only an option if you have broadband. 

Grainne
    IE 11.472.17134

We cannot get broadband here, best is a local wireless provider (hat tip to @WhizzyInternet)

Please advise

How to Swap Devices?

1) Click 'Edit'
    Hi AlfaGTC76, 

1. Your Account Number
    2. Your Full Name
    3. Your Address
    4. Your DOB

Grainne
    Grainne can I ask too?

Hi Sysmod, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

says

Hi Sysmod, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Grainne
    IE 11.472.17134

We cannot get broadband here, best is a local wireless provider (hat tip to @WhizzyInternet)
    Hi Sysmod, 

Could you log out of the app on your phone and then log in on the website and let me know if this works. 

If not could you PM the following details?
    1. Your Full Name
    2. Your Address
    3. Your DOB
    4. Your Account Number
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 
    6. The email address you log in with?

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AlfaGTV76

What an absolute disaster.... Wasted 40 minutes of my life with the off-shore web chat which was a complete and utter waste of time.

Their system just does not work. It would be interesting to take this on whereby eir is failing to provide a service they have accepted payment to provide. This is a breach of contract and thus they are liable to damages. It is a reasonable expectation that the system is functional without having to reset login on every ocaasion as noted by others.

What an absolute disaster.... Wasted 40 minutes of my life with the off-shore web chat which was a complete and utter waste of time.

Their system just does not work. It would be interesting to take this on whereby eir is failing to provide a service they have accepted payment to provide. This is a breach of contract and thus they are liable to damages. It is a reasonable expectation that the system is functional without having to reset login on every ocaasion as noted by others.
    Hi AlfaGTV76, 

I have responded to your PM. 

Grainne

• Advertisement

Please advise

How to Swap Devices?

1) Click 'Edit'
    Hi AlfaGTC76, 

1. Your Account Number
    2. Your Full Name
    3. Your Address
    4. Your DOB

Grainne
    Grainne can I ask too?

Hi Sysmod, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

says

Hi Sysmod, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Grainne
    IE 11.472.17134

Hi Sysmod, 

Could you log out of the app on your phone and then log in on the website and let me know if this works. 

If not could you PM the following details?
    1. Your Full Name
    2. Your Address
    3. Your DOB
    4. Your Account Number
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 
    6. The email address you log in with?

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Posting this to close the issue for me: Eir Sport can NOT be viewed on a laptop unless you have a broadband sub. The Mobile only plan only allows the red app, not Chromecast, not swapping to a laptop for a bigger screen. 

Advertisement