Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecce payment over Christmas

Options
  • 03-01-2019 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all, received a text from the creche today asking for the ecce payment for the week over Christmas to be paid. The creche was closed the Friday 21st to wednesday 2nd. I paid the usual amount for the week it was closed as my lad is there for the free ecce hours plus extra hours on top. Today they requested we pay the amount that is normally deducted due to eece year. Is this right? So instead of paying my normal amount I am paying more for a service that was closed. I understand I pay for the holidays but don't understand why I need to pay and make up the ecce amount. Is this a common occurrence?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Hmm. We do not have a creche, just the preschool. And we were only charged for the preschool hours, the Dec dates were specifically written on the envelope, and the amount was less, as they are closed for 2 weeks.
    I'm not sure what's going on with your place. Would it be because the creche staff need to be paid for the 2 weeks anyway? If so they should probably state that and not refer to the ECCE at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jimmers23

I'll query it tomorrow, makes no sense to me that we are expected to make up the ecce amount even though the creche was closed. I have no issue paying the normal amount just highly annoyed I am asked to pay more for a week when the doors were shut..

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jimmers23

Thank you for your input shesty

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

that is not right at all.

Contact your local County Childcare Committee and explain what the service is doing. They will tell the creche to cope on,

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lolococo

As far as I’m aware the “free eece hours” are only for 40 odd weeks of the year and therefore don’t apply for the usual school holiday period. This is prob why they are looking for the top up which is normally covered from the govt. It will be the same for the next school break, although it don’t feel as bad as you will prob be working also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement