Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland credit card details

Options
  • 03-01-2019 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, I received a new credit card in the post yesterday. Before I had even validated it I received an email from google play stating that one of the apps I use, for which I pay a monthly fee, had declined my payment. What's puzzling me is that the email stated that the CC with the number ending (the last few digits) had been declined. However the digits in the google play email are the end digits of the NEW CC number. Is it usual for google play to know the digits of a new CC which has literally just arrived in the post on the same day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Allinall

paamina wrote: »
    Hi, I received a new credit card in the post yesterday. Before I had even validated it I received an email from google play stating that one of the apps I use, for which I pay a monthly fee, had declined my payment. What's puzzling me is that the email stated that the CC with the number ending (the last few digits) had been declined. However the digits in the google play email are the end digits of the NEW CC number. Is it usual for google play to know the digits of a new CC which has literally just arrived in the post on the same day?

Replacement cards always have the same 16 digit number.

The expiry date and 3 digit security code are different, which is why it was declined.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paamina

Allinall wrote: »
    Replacement cards always have the same 16 digit number.

The expiry date and 3 digit security code are different, which is why it was declined.

Apologies, it is actually a debit visa card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paamina

Apologies, it is actually a debit visa card.

It's ok, I just received an email from google play. Apparently BOI automatically updates credit or debit card details on google play. Was just making sure.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

It's ok, I just received an email from google play. Apparently BOI automatically updates credit or debit card details on google play. Was just making sure.

Thanks

Hi Paamina,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Thanks.

John

Advertisement