Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minimum wage

• 04-01-2019 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi. I know this is gonna be a very noobish question but I'll ask it anyways. When a country has a minimum wage set up for instance Ireland does the minimum wage mean I as an employee is guaranteed that amount each month? So if Ireland's minimum wage is 1.6K a month am I guaranteed 1.6K a month?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

No. That’s only for a 136 hour month, your job might not give you that amount of hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

We have things called, paye, prsi and usc in this country so that'll be a no answer to your queation. Although i think people on minimum wage are USC exempt.

People are USC exempt if they earn less than 13000 in the tax year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

The minimum wage in Ireland is €9.80 per hour for anyone who has two years work experience past the age of 18. It is not calculated per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Masala

The minimum wage in Ireland is €9.80 per hour for anyone who has two years work experience past the age of 18. It is not calculated per month.

I thought min wage is €9-55

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

Masala wrote: »

Went up to 9.80 from Jan 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Masala wrote:

It was increased its now 9.80 per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hakanx

Hello. I have a question about the minimum wage in Germany. We agreed on a minimum wage with an airport company in Germany Can the firm pay me less than the minimum wage in Germany?

Advertisement