Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi- Store promises everything and delivers nothing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Cazale wrote: »
    coylemj wrote:
    Aldi have big warehouses 'regional distribution centres' in

I imagine they mean they don't have a big warehouse in the back of their shops holding stock.
    Yes that's what I meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Hi OP,

I wonder if your anger is more to do with the way you feel about your Dad being ill, and going for chemo, and all that entails. I know when my Dad was very sick I was more angry at things that wouldn't have affected me as much the rest of the year. I think thats very understandable.

You must be very worried about your father, and I imagine that you feel very out of control about things right now, so you would appreciate it if the rest of your life could go easier, and the things that you can control went well.

I wonder, taking all of that into account, if you are directing some of that worry and stress at Aldi, and their staff, or venting here.

Again I think if you are, that is understandable. However, I would say this to you; you have a long road ahead with your Dad. You have a long road ahead for yourself. You will do yourself no favours by getting angry at the wrong person for the wrong thing.

Aldi is like a big local shop, and they don't keep big warehouses. You went in on an afternoon just after a public holiday. Lots of people get to take New Years Day off. Indeed for retail staff and those that supply retail, that and Christmas Day may be the only days they have off over a very busy period. So again, I can see why their stock levels were low or gone in some cases.

I feel that, on reflection, you may consider that you have over reacted.

I wish you, and your father well, and I hope that his treatment succeeds. Take care of yourself in the meantime

Thanks for posting that. That's what I should have said. Actually, that's what we all should have said!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Dillosk412

Not confined to aldi.

Sainsburys in Derry at lunchtime yesterday was devoid of many items esp meat and veg.

On top of that many non-perishable items were out of stock. Even their wine section was poorly stocked

And prices were a fair whack higher than Aldi prices.

I reckon if I made a complaint, they'd have pointed out that it's just after Christmas and farmers and factory workers deserve a day or two off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I went to Dunnes Stores in Douglas who had everything and although more expensive in my case was worth it.

For future reference, Tesco in Mahon, and the Supervalu on the Skehard Road are both within walking distance of that Aldi if you're stuck, plus the Maxol garage across the road has the "Chopped" salad bar. It's overpriced, but it's generally healthy food.

Advertisement