Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hue lightstrip issue

• 04-01-2019 10:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

I'm having an issue with my lightstrip - was working perfectly last night (and for the last year) but this morning it will not light up.
    When I plug it out and back it - the leds all flash (about 3 seconds after plugging in) -> so assuming that the individual LEDs are ok and that the power is ok. I then removed it from my setup in the hue app and searched for new lights and it found the lightstrip -> so am assuming that its able to communicate. 
    Stumped as to why it will not light up though. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I'm having an issue with my lightstrip - was working perfectly last night (and for the last year) but this morning it will not light up.
    When I plug it out and back it - the leds all flash (about 3 seconds after plugging in) -> so assuming that the individual LEDs are ok and that the power is ok. I then removed it from my setup in the hue app and searched for new lights and it found the lightstrip -> so am assuming that its able to communicate. 
    Stumped as to why it will not light up though. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions?

Sorry i might not be much help but My issue last year was my lightstripe would not power up at all after using it for a year or just under. I spoke to someone at philips and the i told them that nothing was coming on...They replaced the plug part and no issues since....Perhaps best to get onto them via online support and trouble shoot with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Get onto Phillips and they should replace it for you?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

Thanks guys, yeah, I filled out the online support form with Philips earlier today. Waiting for a reply

Is there an Irish or free phone number for their support desk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

To follow up;

No answer back from Philips. But - I plugged it out and back in again this morning and it's working normally again. Go figure

I suppose I might have a loose connection or something

Advertisement