Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage on contract Employment

Options
  • 04-01-2019 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

I am currently working in a pharmaceutical company on a project as Document control
    I have 12 months done in the job and i have a 12 month contract (ending July)

What are the prospects or getting a small mortgage (looking at a small property selling for 50k that needs work and tlc)

Looking at getting the mortgage as a single applicant as my partner is self employed for just over one year

What Mortgage providers look at contract employment ?

Any insight, Experience or Advice is appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jo1221

My research has indicated that adding a second person who is self employed does not help when applying for a mortgage is this correct ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Not a BOI response - but, imo, your partner if they have certified accounts showing a viable business would be a better prospect than someone that is out of a contract in a year's time. What are the prospects of the contract being extended/made permanent?

He only has one 'End of Year' Accounts under his belt and a five year loan out for the business

The Project that i am currently on is 3Years, it entails building a massive extension onto an established pharma building
    I am hoping there will be a suitable permanent roll for me in the building when finished !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Jo1221 wrote: »
    He only has one 'End of Year' Accounts under his belt and a five year loan out for the business

The Project that i am currently on is 3Years, it entails building a massive extension onto an established pharma building
    I am hoping there will be a suitable permanent roll for me in the building when finished !!

I could be wrong, and BOI may confirm (by asking you to call their mortgage team), but it doesn't seem likely that a bank would give a mortgage when there is no guaranteed income in 12 months time.

Given the amounts and your situation I think you are more into a credit union loan than a mortgage.

• Advertisement

Oh Brilliant , i will definitely look into that !
    Thanks for the Advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Bigserious1

Given the amounts and your situation I think you are more into a credit union loan than a mortgage.

This is correct. Most banks will have a minimum lending value for mortgages.

Not worth their hassle and time taking security over a property for a loan of 50k.

Advertisement