Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees charged on account closure

Options
  • 04-01-2019 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭

I recently closed an account with BOI. 

I've just received the closing statement, and am puzzled by some of the fees charged before the remaining balance was transferred.

I can no longer access the online account, so could someone from on here please have a look and see if these charges are correct?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

I've just received the closing statement, and am puzzled by some of the fees charged before the remaining balance was transferred.

I can no longer access the online account, so could someone from on here please have a look and see if these charges are correct?

Thanks

Hi HeidiHeidi,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

A quarterly maintenance fee is charged on personal current accounts. It is debited quarterly along with any transaction fees that may apply. However, if you feel the fee's you were charged are incorrect please call our customer service team on  0818 365 365 and an advisor will be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Thanks

Hi HeidiHeidi,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

A quarterly maintenance fee is charged on personal current accounts. It is debited quarterly along with any transaction fees that may apply. However, if you feel the fee's you were charged are incorrect please call our customer service team on  0818 365 365 and an advisor will be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks.

John
    Hi, thanks for the reply.

I got a statement, along with two (what appear to be) quarterly Fee Statements - one covering May to August, and one covering August to November (closing date). 

The statement shows "current account fees" deducted which don't correspond to either fee statement, and "unposted fees" which correspond to the August-November statement.  

All of the amounts are very similar, and not a lot really (approx €6 each) but it's the fact that they don't match is making me curious about them.

What are "unposted fees"??

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

I got a statement, along with two (what appear to be) quarterly Fee Statements - one covering May to August, and one covering August to November (closing date). 

The statement shows "current account fees" deducted which don't correspond to either fee statement, and "unposted fees" which correspond to the August-November statement.  

All of the amounts are very similar, and not a lot really (approx €6 each) but it's the fact that they don't match is making me curious about them.

Thanks.

Hi HeidiHeidi,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I have submitted a request for an explanation for 'unposted fees' to the relevant area. I will come back to you shortly when I receive a response.

Many Thanks

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Thanks.

Hi There,

We have checked this out for you. The fee relates to your fee quarter.

The unposted fees which are charged are in relation to the quarterly fee statement which is sent to our customers to advise of the fees which will be charged to your account on a particular date and this date has not yet been reached. 

Any fees which are charged after the date of the quarterly fee statement is for the next quarter (current quarter) and these show on the account as current account fees.

For example Our quarter Aug to Nov was from 20th August 2018 to 16th November 2018 but these fees are not applied to the account until December and this is advised on the quarterly fee statement which is sent.

If the account is closed on 10th December 2018 there will be one unposted fees  applied (20th Aug – 16th Nov 2018) and will also be charged for next quarter (17th Nov 2018 to close of account).

We hope this helps, please feel free to get in touch with us if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement