Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht vs Munster, Sat 5th Jan 7:35pm, TG4/ES1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Jack Carty has been super from play

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Some line from Carty. excellent score

That was Beaudan Barrett-esque

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

Faugheen wrote: »
    There's a sublime irony when one set of fans have a go at other fans for booing decisions made by the referee.

Munster booed off a referee who had handed out 2 yellows and a red to the opposition in one half.

sublime alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Tommy Boweesque line from Carty there. Farrell sucking in two defenders and the offload on the ground. It’ll be rightly POM but Farrell not far off for MOTM

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Munster fans finding their voice finally.

• Advertisement

Macdarack wrote: »
    Munster fans finding their voice finally.

be singing the fields soon :p

boooo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

POM deserved motm imo, carbery and beirne weren't far behind though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭budhabob

case885 wrote: »

Earl's for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Conroy

Great rip by Beirne.

Just didn’t have the depth tonight, well earned by Munster

Pity Connacht never turned up, Farrell could have got a man of the match if they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭crossman47

case885 wrote: »

Yes. I couldn't believe POM didn't get it. Carberry got the points but POM did immense work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Bleyendaal's kick could've been costly there, no idea what he was doing.

Carty keeps improving week on week, must be pushing towards being in camp over the next few weeks before ethernet 6 Nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Great performance from Beirne and POM. Great away win. Congrats to Holland on 200 caps.

Tyler should be made walk home after his antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Chex LeMeneux

Fair result overall. To get anything out of that with the two squads named is very impressive. Munster having 4 Lions and a former AB and Connacht not even having all our internationals was something else. Think Tom Farrell outplayed his opposite number and should be considered in the internationals camp. Still think Carberry is a better 15 than 10 and did his best work there. Thought Carty at least equalled him at 10. POM is some bastard to play against Id say!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Well deserved win, made it hard for ourselves with some dodgy decisions and kicks.... but top of the division...and to think that some people were suggesting Munster could be outside the qualification positions after the Leinster game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

The number of Leinster players playing for both teams tonight is staggering.

I count it as 6 starters for Connacht and prob a 7th for Heffernan as he went to Rock and Buckley is from Roscommon but also went to Rock.

Munster had 4 starters from Leinster.

Ulster had 3 starters today and that’s without Murphy and Cooney.

Anything to be said for the IRFU setting up a 5th Franchise at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Phenomenal result for Munster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Bleyendaal's kick could've been costly there, no idea what he was doing.

Carty keeps improving week on week, must be pushing towards being in camp over the next few weeks before ethernet 6 Nations.
    This intrigues me. Sounds like it could be cat. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Elvisjuice wrote: »
    boooo

Get a grip. Fans booed due to forward pass. No noise for conversion after Munsters next try. As has been pointed out to you, even in Connachts worst days, Connacht supporters never boooed their own player so ya might want to come off the high horse.

I count it as 6 starters for Connacht and prob a 7th for Heffernan as he went to Rock and Buckley is from Roscommon but also went to Rock.

No point in weakening the 4 existing provinces, there isn't a massive loss of players to other countries other than the odd few like Beirne/Farrell. Encouraging more movement between the provinces is a much better strategy.

This is a clear piss take, do not engage

prawnsambo wrote: »
    This intrigues me. Sounds like it could be cat. :pac:

I'm not going to edit the original post simply because I appreciate that joke way too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭BoardAtWork

Brilliant game. Refreshing to see some actual rugby after the cynical tactics last week.

Munster were very good. Connacht somehow got 24 points on the board from zero clear chances; they are so dangerous given any half-opportunity.

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Get a grip. Fans booed due to forward pass. No noise for conversion after Munsters next try. As has been pointed out to you, even in Connachts worst days, Connacht supporters never boooed their own player so ya might want to come off the high horse.

wasn't talking about conversions , never said they booed own players so don't know what you are going on about , they were booing the ref

its_phil wrote: »
    This is a clear piss take, do not engage
    That's not Coptoor's MO to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Really enjoyed that. BP was the least Connacht deserved I felt. Munster have to be happy - 5 points in Galway is not to be sniffed at.
    I’m watching on TG4.
    Preferring the Irish than EOS.

The TG4 commentators were absolutely losing their sh*t everytime a break was made lol. The contrast between them and EOS made the latter look positively comatose by comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,974 ✭✭✭connachta

Very, Very good BP for Connacht Eagles+ vs Munster main!!!!!!!
    Happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Elvisjuice wrote: »
    ClanofLams wrote: »

wasn't talking about conversions , never said they booed own players so don't know what you are going on about , they were booing the ref

Obviously referring to Munster supporters booing their own player, as has previously been linked to. Booing the ref happens at pretty much every stadium in every game where the home team isn’t comfortably winning. Booing your own player a far worse action than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

Cracking game. Connacht are so dangerous given half a chance.

From a Munster pov, is blendhyal the most disappointing of the project players in the country? From being almost made of glass for his first few seasons to brain dead moments like the end here. The injuries you'd feel sorry for him but is time to cut the loses with him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

jjpep wrote: »
    Cracking game. Connacht are so dangerous given half a chance.

From a Munster pov, is blendhyal the most disappointing of the project players in the country? From being almost made of glass for his first few seasons to brain dead moments like the end here. The injuries you'd feel sorry for him but is time to cut the loses with him?

Tyler will be released at the seasons end, he did well working with Joey, but a mistake or 2 will always blight the good he did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭almostover

Tyler will be released at the seasons end, he did well working with Joey, but a mistake or 2 will always blight the good he did

The kick near the end was very foolish. If Connacht had scored he'd have been flogged for it. All he had to do was find contact near some supporting players and setup another phase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

connachta wrote:
    Very, Very good BP for Connacht Eagles+ vs Munster main!!!!!!! Happy!

Yeah. Blade, Carthy, Farrell, Roux, Leader, Healy, Kelliher etc have really put down a marker tonight. Really think they have a shot at the Connacht first team from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

almostover wrote: »
    The kick near the end was very foolish. If Connacht had scored he'd have been flogged for it. All he had to do was find contact near some supporting players and setup another phase.

I wouldn't be so sure about it being the wrong decision, poor execution for sure but his only other option was to either get tackled with no support near him and probably get penalised for holding on or throw it out to the only man outside him Conway and have the same result. Murray should never have given it to earls coming across Connacht were well stocked in defence out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Fair enough result.....
    Munster were fairly clinical and put on a good performance...
    Connacht did pretty well. I had my fears that the team that Connacht had to put out were going to get destroyed, that fear was higher after 20 minutes..... But they did well to hang on and make some good scores between plenty of sloppy play. Thought Farrell and carthy had great game.
    Fans in clan were usual rabbid heads, and not pleased with perceived weakness in officiating the offside lines...
    Overall a highly entertaining interpro marking the official end of Christmas!

Macdarack wrote:
    Dirty animals booing a kicker.

Macdarack wrote:
    Unruly cabbage munchers.

It really is past your bedtime...

He used the word 'unruly' in the correct context. I'm somewhat impressed. Loses points for the rest of it of course, but 'unruly' shines like a jewel in a midden.

• Advertisement

prawnsambo wrote: »
    He used the word 'unruly' in the correct context. I'm somewhat impressed. Loses points for the rest of it of course, but 'unruly' shines like a jewel in a midden.

I'll acknowledge that, but then segue into the obvious question, wtf is a midden?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Everdene

I'll acknowledge that, but then segue into the obvious question, wtf is a midden?

Pile of s***e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Somthing to do with shoes, if you are qualudes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

Stands to reason given where most of the country's population is. How about splitting Leinster into Dublin and Leinster?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Anthracite wrote: »
    Stands to reason given where most of the country's population is. How about splitting Leinster into Dublin and Leinster?

Oi! You are doing well enough getting our rejects,

You could show more appreciation, ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I know this is all pie in the sky but these things tend to move in cycles, in ten years time we could well be looking back and laughing at the notion of splitting Leinster (or Dublin in the GAA) into two teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

leakyboots wrote: »
    I know this is all pie in the sky but these things tend to move in cycles, in ten years time we could well be looking back and laughing at the notion of splitting Leinster (or Dublin in the GAA) into two teams

We wont. It isnt really a notion at all.
    From an Irish perspective, the other two main provinces that the IRFU wishes to be competitive on a European level need a supply from Leinster, so that relief route for Leinster's surfeit already exists, and Connacht works perfectly as it is as a sort of clearing house for lower level or academy players. This three tiered, four team structure is well suited to the number of professional level players Ireland can produce, and economically support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I reckon Connacht are a little better than suggested.
    Some of Leinsters surplus players have developed into real quality player out west.
    Connacht are very competitive at the moment and lads like Healy and Kelleher are doing great out in Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Thought Mathewson had a great game. He's playing some great rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

connachta wrote: »
    Very, Very good BP for Connacht Eagles+ vs Munster main!!!!!!!
    Happy!

I really hope for Connacht's sake that the players and coaches aren't happy with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement