Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New House + New Connection Advice

• 04-01-2019 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Moved into a new place a few weeks ago, had Virgin Media come in for the broadband, as they're only option in the area and also the fastest obviously.

We had our TV with Sky and were happy with their product, so asked them to transfer the service to the new address.

Sky have made an absolute mess of the installation, basically they haven't done it yet and I'm exploring my options.

My Virgin Media broadband connection and box is in one corner of a sitting room, and I have a TV six feet away from it and six feet up on a wall. Is there any way to hook up the TV service, e.g. wireless options, to avoid running cables all over the room and up the walls?

We have another TV in our kitchen closer to the side wall of the property, and Sky were proposing to drill through the wall to hook that one up.

Thanks in advance for any guidance on the best potential options. I've been happy enough with Netflix recently, but I want a few channels back at this stage!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭winston_1

The only way to connect your TV to a Virgin box is with a bit or wire, probably an HDMI lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

you'd need to buy a HDCP enabled wireless HDMI transmitter/Receiver.

Note that cheap ones tend not to do DHCP so if it says its for nvr/pvr etc just be wary.

Advertisement