Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Package holiday for 6 Leaving Cert students

Options
  • 04-01-2019 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My young lad and 5 pals want to do a post LC fun in the sun holiday but aren't interested in the Magaluf get pi$$ed for 7 days and 7 nights option which doesn't mean they are saints because they're not, they'll want some of that action but not 24/7 for a week.

I'm struggling to find travel agents who offer one week / 10 day packages to resorts/hotels who are happy to accept groups of young lads and lassies letting their hair down as I (and they) don't want to end up in a family centric hotel/resort where they will be regarded as boisterous/noisy. That would be a recipe for hassle for them and potentially spoil other peoples holiday who may not appreciate the sound of young lads returning home at 3am or whatever.

I’ve looked at Budget Travel and Trailfinders but both seem to offer hybrid packages made up of scheduled Ryanair flights, local 3rd party transfer companies and separate stand alone hotel/resort bookings whereas I’d prefer if these guys were on a traditional “package” with the one company being responsible for their flights, accommodation and transfers etc with Reps in the resort etc. It’ll be their first time away in a group like this so if/when something goes wrong it would be useful to have locally based Reps to call on rather than try and sort issues out themselves as they are inexperienced.

Where have all the traditional fun in the sun “package” holidays gone???

Any suggestions?

Advertisement