Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking iPhone 7 Plus

• 04-01-2019 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I’ve upgraded to an iPhone XS Max through Vodafone and will be selling my 7 Plus.

I requested Vodafone to unlock the 7 Plus and they have started the process. They said that Apple will send me a message when it has been unlocked.

When I unlocked my last iPhone 2 years ago it was done via. iTunes.

Has the process changed?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Apple won’t send you any messages as it has nothing to do with unlocking iPhones. Just do the same thing through iTunes again as the process is still the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Apple won’t send you any messages as it has nothing to do with unlocking iPhones. Just do the same thing through iTunes again as the process is still the same.

Maybe Vodafone send me a message then when it’s complete?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

?? Apple is the only one that unlocks iPhones. The request is sent by the carrier to Apples servers. Long ago you used to get a message to say the phone was unlocked, but it doesn’t seem to happen any more.

Advertisement