Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone to put together a PC for me.

Options
  • 04-01-2019 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Help needed building a new PC ...

Have looked at several set ups, and it's just getting confusing now.

1. What is your budget? 1200.00 / 1400.00 max

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Multi use -- no Top Flight Gaming

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No - want to sell old one as a working Budget PC

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Wireless

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

9. When are you purchasing? [In 30 days] This Month

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Yes Cork City.

11. " Must " is noise. As silent as possible.
    11a Intel Chip.

12. How much to build ?

Thanks

Jay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'd just get a decent prebuilt, e.g. from CCL, Scan, Overclockers or Cyberpower.

As long as it comes with a tower CPU cooler & standard components.
    Then just go into BIOS and set a silent fan curve for all fans.

You should be able to get i5-8400 + GTX 1060 for around €1000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

You'll get a much better multi-use machine with an AMD chip than intel at that price in the current market.
    The multi-core performace of say a 2700 or 2700x per euro spent blows the equlivant intel chips out of the water right now.

This comes well within your budget and will do everything you need and more. You could even double up the ram if you wanted and still be inside your 1200 lower budget or keep the 16gb ram and upgade the GPU to a GTX 1070ti or Vega 64 and hit around your upper 1400 budget. I picked this case as you specified as quiet as possible as a desire.

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor (£249.98 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard (£134.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£105.59 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (£68.79 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive (£51.18 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 580 8 GB ARMOR OC Video Card (£199.99 @ Box Limited)
    Case: be quiet! - SILENT BASE 601 | WINDOW ORANGE ATX Mid Tower Case (£104.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: Xilence - Performance X 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£58.64 @ More Computers)
    Total: £974.15 (€1,087.54)
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-06 16:59 GMT+0000

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

just to chime in, I'm based in Cork. Out in Carrigaline. I'd be happy to build it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Just my twocents, most of the fun and satisfaction in doing a home build is putting the whole thing together yourself. It really is not that difficult and the Internet, youtube especially have some great videos to help anyone put a new build together. No one knows better than yourself what exactly you want and again the Net is full of reviews, opinions and information on all the parts you want. I would not be closed to either an Intel or AMD cpu or Nvidia gpu vs Amd gpu, those battle's have been going on ad-infinitum, the best thing to do is think about your requirements, pick a few cpu's you fancy and then reasearch them and pick from there. At the end of all this you will be rewarded with being more informed about this topic and the satisfaction and sense of acomplishment you get from building your own system is priceless, especially when it's your first. If you are in a hurry and really have not got the time or inclination to go this road well a pre built system is probably the way to go as doing it this way you will have on going support for a time at least. Also with a pre built or custom built system you still pick the parts. Either way best of luck with your endeavour.

Advertisement