Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Usage sky high AGAIN for this month? What is even happening?

• 04-01-2019 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

Following issues from both November and December with your usage being several terabytes high only a few days into the month. 

The November issue was rectified. The December issue is still ongoing and I've since submitted a complaint about it because we can't wrap our heads around how it got so high in the first place. 

I've just logged into myeir just now to see that my usage for January is already at TEN TERABYTES????

I'm shocked. I don't even know how this is possible. 

After our last issues I went around to all the devices in the house and made 100% sure it couldn't be our own fault. I spoke with all my family and looked into all the internet usage we've been doing and it's not even possible.

I've double checked and made sure our router isnt being used by a neighbor, and we have our own personal password set. I've checked the laptops and made sure there's no programs on them downloading anything or uploading anything. I've ran virus checks.

What is happening?

I'm really fed up with this. Can eir please please please please sort this issue for me? 

It's crazy that I have to worry about this and being overcharged hundreds 3 months in a row now especially around christmas. 

It's gone so bad we're actually about to cut our service and go to virgin or sky because something is seriously wrong and we're getting nothing but problems since we got the e-fibre installed.

How is it that my neighbor down the road has e-fibre with NO LIMITS yet we're subjected to this poxy 1TB limit per month? I want it gone. 

If you look at my previous years worth of usage you'll see that most months we used only about 600gb combined data on the fibre per month. 

Please help. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gerard1970

Hi BlackandGreen. I know this doesn't answer your question, but does the fair usage cap of 1TB apply to your account? If it does, when does your current contract expire? If you signed a new contract with eir before August (I think), then the 1TB cap applies to you so you just need to suck it up until your current contract expires. You then have the option of signing up for another contract or switch providers. 

If there's no cap, and you're paying your bill by Direct Debit, I'd suggest you cancel the direct debit and pay eir manually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭BlackandGreen

gerard1970 wrote: »
    Hi BlackandGreen. I know this doesn't answer your question, but does the fair usage cap of 1TB apply to your account? If it does, when does your current contract expire? If you signed a new contract with eir before August (I think), then the 1TB cap applies to you so you just need to suck it up until your current contract expires. You then have the option of signing up for another contract or switch providers. 

If there's no cap, and you're paying your bill by Direct Debit, I'd suggest you cancel the direct debit and pay eir manually.
    Yeah I'm aware of this issue. We signed a new contract with the 1TB cap because we had no choice at the time. There was no other contract available.
    Since then we've learned that all new customers don't have the cap.

Our neighbor down the road was also on the 1TB cap contract and ran into a boatload of issues too (i dont remember what specifically), complained enough to eir and got the contract changed/updated and renewed to reflect no cap. So I know its possible.
    Eir will just try give us the run around as much as possible I suspect. 

I thought I wouldn't have to worry because we never had any issues with this until November and all of a sudden were being fleeced like this.
    It's robbery is what it is.

Utterly disgusted I am. Been a loyal eir customer for nearly 18 years and they give zero flips. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

gerard1970 wrote: »

Yeah I'm aware of this issue. We signed a new contract with the 1TB cap because we had no choice at the time. There was no other contract available.
    Since then we've learned that all new customers don't have the cap.

Our neighbor down the road was also on the 1TB cap contract and ran into a boatload of issues too (i dont remember what specifically), complained enough to eir and got the contract changed/updated and renewed to reflect no cap. So I know its possible.
    Eir will just try give us the run around as much as possible I suspect. 

I thought I wouldn't have to worry because we never had any issues with this until November and all of a sudden were being fleeced like this.
    It's robbery is what it is.

Utterly disgusted I am. Been a loyal eir customer for nearly 18 years and they give zero flips. 
    Hi BlackandGreen,

I'm sorry to hear that this issue has not yet been sorted. There is a way to remove this 1TB cap. If you could send me on the following account details, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB

5) Your full postal address

~Kellie

Advertisement