Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No sign of my installation, one month later, yet i've been charged

• 04-01-2019 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hi there,

I switched to Eir at the start of December 2018.  

An engineer phoned me to install the modem but i work during the week so I wouldn't be home for it.  He said that he could arrange for a Saturday installation for me.  

The Eir install team phoned me a few days later offering me a monday-wednesday appointment.  I told them what I had told the engineer and that i needed a weekend appointment.  I was then told that this could not be done.  I told the person that I was speaking with to revert to her team and come back to me with an installation date on a Saturday, as advised by the engineer.  I've heard zero since, yet i've been charged for an installation.  Fortunately, my old vodafone modem is working, otherwise i wouldn't even have the internet!  please sort it out, or refund the installation charge, given that it never happened!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

Hi there,

I switched to Eir at the start of December 2018.  

An engineer phoned me to install the modem but i work during the week so I wouldn't be home for it.  He said that he could arrange for a Saturday installation for me.  

The Eir install team phoned me a few days later offering me a monday-wednesday appointment.  I told them what I had told the engineer and that i needed a weekend appointment.  I was then told that this could not be done.  I told the person that I was speaking with to revert to her team and come back to me with an installation date on a Saturday, as advised by the engineer.  I've heard zero since, yet i've been charged for an installation.  Fortunately, my old vodafone modem is working, otherwise i wouldn't even have the internet!  please sort it out, or refund the installation charge, given that it never happened!
    Hi Diego Murphy

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

If you could PM me the following information, I would be happy to take a look at this for you.

1. Account number and name on the account. 
    2. Can you confirm if you're the account holder?
    3. Address (Full first line)
    4. Date of birth.

Thanks.
    -Ahren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,707 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Eir don't have weekend appointments so the tech was lying to you bar openeir will sometimes accommodate an appointment on a Saturday in extreme circumstances
    If it's just a transfer of service then just ask for the modem to be posted out to you - doesn't need a tech to call out if you are capable enough to move the cables over yourself

Advertisement