Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demand Deposit Account

Options
  • 04-01-2019 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I have two questions in relation to my Demand Deposit Account

1. I rang several months ago to set up 365 Banking on my account, but was told that I could not do that because of the type of account that I had. However after doing some further research, I found this: https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/app/uploads/2015/12/Customers-Information-Sheets-Demand-Deposit-Account.pdf which says that you can set up online banking for a Demand Deposit account. Could you please clarify what the situation is, and if possible, could you assist in setting up online banking for my account

2. My local BOI branch has stopped dealing in cash in-branch, it only has an ATM outside. I have never been issued with a card for my account, could you please do so?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Virtanen

Thanks for reaching out to check this with us here.

Yes you are correct, this account can be added for online access. Sorry to hear of the incorrect information when you called initially to set it up.

With each set up, an Advisor will ask some verification questions. Once you have passed this step, Advisor will create a PIN with you over the phone.

If you could contact our Activation Team directly on our ROI Freephone number 1800 946 156, an Advisor can discuss this further with you. In some cases, if a customer is unable pass phone verification they can call into their local Branch with photo ID and staff member will assist them on the call to the Activation Team.

Hope this info helps,

Many thanks
    Alison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Hi again, thank you for your reply

I have since been in contact with your Activation Team, unfortunately they've informed me that I can't activate online banking with my account - nor can I even get an ATM card for it - because it is a Deposit Link account. It was set up for me when I was a kid, and although I knew I had it and that it had some money in it, I never really used the account at all

The person I spoke to said that I could only lodge or withdraw money by going in to a branch to do it

Could you please clarify, because my local branch, in which the account was created, no longer handles cash

Could I go to my local branch and request the money be transferred to another account? Or do I literally have to go to a branch which does deal in cash and withdraw it directly? The person I spoke to on the phone implied the latter, but I would like to know for certain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Virtanen wrote: »
    Hi again, thank you for your reply

I have since been in contact with your Activation Team, unfortunately they've informed me that I can't activate online banking with my account - nor can I even get an ATM card for it - because it is a Deposit Link account. It was set up for me when I was a kid, and although I knew I had it and that it had some money in it, I never really used the account at all

The person I spoke to said that I could only lodge or withdraw money by going in to a branch to do it

Could you please clarify, because my local branch, in which the account was created, no longer handles cash

Could I go to my local branch and request the money be transferred to another account? Or do I literally have to go to a branch which does deal in cash and withdraw it directly? The person I spoke to on the phone implied the latter, but I would like to know for certain

Hi Virtanen,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us.

I'm afraid that if the account is a Deposit link account it is not possible to view this account online unless you have an active current account with Bank of Ireland. If you have a current account the deposit account can be added to your existing online profile where you can view the balance and give notice to withdraw from the account.

Please be assured that if there are no cash facilities available in your local branch that you can visit an alternative branch to make a withdrawal or lodgement to your account. Please see here for services available in our branches.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 26 shirlzP

Hi we have set up a joint account and the demand savings account has been activated! Last night I tried to add it to our account using a YouTube link sent to me. This morning I received a message to say the request is unsuccessful as we already have the 365 acc and the acc number is the same or something?? What can I do to fix this?? I need this option as how are we going to save especially with no card or anything for the demand account. So confused please help!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

shirlzP wrote: »
    Hi we have set up a joint account and the demand savings account has been activated! Last night I tried to add it to our account using a YouTube link sent to me. This morning I received a message to say the request is unsuccessful  as we already have the 365 acc and the acc number is the same or something?? What can I do to fix this?? I need this option as how are we going to save especially with no card or anything for the demand account. So confused please help!!
    Hi shirlzP 

Thanks for checking in with us on this.

To add the demand deposit account to your online profile, the address and name must match the existing accounts you have already online with us. If this is all correct and the reason for decline was the account number is it possible when adding the account you input the current account number instead of the deposit account? If you can login on the App, select Services and scroll to Send A Message, a colleague can take a closer look at this for you. If you would like to PM us the reference number of your new message, we can certainly link in with the Team for you. 

Hoping the above helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison 

• Advertisement

Hi shirlzP 

To add the demand deposit account to your online profile, the address and name must match the existing accounts you have already online with us. If this is all correct and the reason for decline was the account number is it possible when adding the account you input the current account number instead of the deposit account? If you can login on the App, select Services and scroll to Send A Message, a colleague can take a closer look at this for you. If you would like to PM us the reference number of your new message, we can certainly link in with the Team for you. 

Hoping the above helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison 

I actually need a account number for the demand acc?? I just received a message to say it was set up.. So confusing really!! I used the account number of our joint account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi shirlzP 

Hoping the above helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison 

I actually need a account number for the demand acc?? I just received a message to say it was set up.. So confusing really!! I used the account number of our joint account.
    Hi ShirlzP,

You should have received a text with the IBAN, your account number would be the last 8 digits of this. If this wasn't received, can we ask you to send us a PM please? We can certainly link in with our account opening team to resend this to you.

Thanks,
    Richard

Ok how do you put me in contact with them?? I did use the 8 digits from the account number!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Ok how do you put me in contact with them?? I did use the 8 digits from the account number!!
    Hi,

We have sent you a PM with some more information.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement