If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement for KEF Citrsm Stereo to Mono Adaptor?

Options
  • 04-01-2019 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a single ceiling speaker in my bathroom that I wish to drive from my Marantz M-CR611. Unfortunately I only have a single pair of cables and so cant replace the speaker with a dual channel version. The KEF Citrsm looks ideal except that it has been discontinued!

Do you have any suggestions for an alternative

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

lankylad wrote: »
    I have a single ceiling speaker in my bathroom that I wish to drive from my Marantz M-CR611. Unfortunately I only have a single pair of cables and so cant replace the speaker with a dual channel version. The KEF Citrsm looks ideal except that it has been discontinued!

Do you have any suggestions for an alternative
    Hi Lankylad.

Thanks for the post.

To be honest this is not something I have ever came across.

After a quick google I see it not going to be the easiest thing to do.
    They are many stereo to mono phono adapters but I can find a single one that converts speaker cables.

Again there are many opinions out there on how this can be done but I've never tried or been requested to do this.
    So say you can just connect the two cables to the one speaker - Red+Red to Red and the same with the Blacks. Apparently it will lower the Ohms and make the speaker harder to drive which could result in damaging the amp or the speaker.

It's a bit of a minefield.

In terms of the adapter I can't find any for sale that don't look like someone made them in their garage.

I can also try KEF on Monday to see if they still produce anything similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lankylad

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

lankylad wrote: »
    Thanks
    No worries Lankylad.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.