Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't cancel order with Eir

• 04-01-2019 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I recently signed up for a deal with Eir and then rang and cancelled it the next day because we got offered a better deal, we were told notes were left on the account to confirm this. We then received a mail confirming the engineer will be out to put in the line, I'm not sure if he did call out or not because I was in work, but I've been trying to get through to yourselves every day for the last 2 weeks. Chat services state they can't help me and I have to get through to the loyalty dept. Loyalty have been closed almost all over Christmas and into the new year, I'm currently on hold to them for over an hour, got through to Loyalty just to say hello essentially and tell them how my Christmas was and now I've been put back on hold to go through to cancellations. We're not even Eir customers yet and honestly this is the most shocking customer service I've ever seen, we don't want Eir taking any money when it's been cancelled and we're trying to pre-empt the issue, can someone please just cancel our order and give us some confirmation it has been done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

I recently signed up for a deal with Eir and then rang and cancelled it the next day because we got offered a better deal, we were told notes were left on the account to confirm this. We then received a mail confirming the engineer will be out to put in the line, I'm not sure if he did call out or not because I was in work, but I've been trying to get through to yourselves every day for the last 2 weeks. Chat services state they can't help me and I have to get through to the loyalty dept. Loyalty have been closed almost all over Christmas and into the new year, I'm currently on hold to them for over an hour, got through to Loyalty just to say hello essentially and tell them how my Christmas was and now I've been put back on hold to go through to cancellations. We're not even Eir customers yet and honestly this is the most shocking customer service I've ever seen, we don't want Eir taking any money when it's been cancelled and we're trying to pre-empt the issue, can someone please just cancel our order and give us some confirmation it has been done?
    Hi there spacecookie555.

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I would be happy to look at the status of this for you.

Please PM me the following information.

1. Account number and name on the account. 
    2. Can you confirm if you're the account holder?
    3. Address (Full first line).
    4. Date of birth.

Thank you.
    -Ahren.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spacecookie555

eir: Ahren wrote: »
    Hi there spacecookie555.

4. Date of birth.

Thank you.
    -Ahren.

I replied to you days upon days ago and I still haven't heard back. This is beyond disgraceful, 4 times we have been on hold to your cancellation department for over an hour only to be cut off before we can get through. We've tried webchat, email and social media also to get in contact with yourselves and the same response each time. I'm extremely thankful that we're not actually going with yourselves as if this is how your customer service behaves it's a wonder Eir has any customers at all. We just want to ensure our order was cancelled properly, if there is money taken out of my account or my current broadband connection is affected in any way due to your negligence we will be going straight to Comreg and a solicitor because you will have left us with no choice. Now can you please just ensure that the order is properly cancelled down as it should have been done weeks ago. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

eir: Ahren wrote: »
    Hi there spacecookie555.

4. Date of birth.

Thank you.
    -Ahren.

I replied to you days upon days ago and I still haven't heard back. This is beyond disgraceful, 4 times we have been on hold to your cancellation department for over an hour only to be cut off before we can get through. We've tried webchat, email and social media also to get in contact with yourselves and the same response each time. I'm extremely thankful that we're not actually going with yourselves as if this is how your customer service behaves it's a wonder Eir has any customers at all. We just want to ensure our order was cancelled properly, if there is money taken out of my account or my current broadband connection is affected in any way due to your negligence we will be going straight to Comreg and a solicitor because you will have left us with no choice. Now can you please just ensure that the order is properly cancelled down as it should have been done weeks ago. Thanks.
    Hi spacecookie555.

Sorry for the delay in response.

I have replied to your PM.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wacomtablet

Hi,
    My situation is similar, Im within the cooling off period, which is over in 2 days time. But last week, 7 days into the delivery of the modem I called and asked for cancellation. The agent after 1min. hold advised me that it was now cancelled and gave me the address to send items back to and that I should get an email about this cancellation.. but nothing.
    Sky were unable to use the line, and after I spoke with another Eir agent found out that it was not cancelled (x2 other agents said the same), another Eir agent said it was chosen as a switch and that he could not cancel it..the same agent that confirmed it was cancelled could only do it. I've sent all the items back today.
    Im still awaiting the email from 7hrs ago that the last agent said I would receive once the agent that got it wrong got it cancelled it. I fear it's not cancelled and have to try getting through to the loyalty line which on average takes 30-55mins. I work in a callcentre so it's not easy. Is there any other way it can be done?
    Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi,
    My situation is similar, Im within the cooling off period, which is over in 2 days time. But last week, 7 days into the delivery of the modem I called and asked for cancellation. The agent after 1min. hold advised me that it was now cancelled and gave me the address to send items back to and that I should get an email about this cancellation.. but nothing.
    Sky were unable to use the line, and after I spoke with another Eir agent found out that it was not cancelled (x2 other agents said the same), another Eir agent said it was chosen as a switch and that he could not cancel it..the same agent that confirmed it was cancelled could only do it. I've sent all the items back today.
    Im still awaiting the email from 7hrs ago that the last agent said I would receive once the agent that got it wrong got it cancelled it. I fear it's not cancelled and have to try getting through to the loyalty line which on average takes 30-55mins. I work in a callcentre so it's not easy. Is there any other way it can be done?
    Many thanks.
    Hi wacomtablet, 

Could you PM the following details and I will investigate this?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 

As soon as I get this information I can check if your request was processed. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Advertisement
Advertisement