Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrome password issue

Options
  • 04-01-2019 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

I've noticed an issue with password visibility on Google Chrome

Windows 10, home laptop

I open Chrome. I'm signed out of Google on the laptop. So I can't get into gmail, google photos, google contacts etc etc. This is as expected.

However on the top right of the Chrome window there is an Icon saying 'Paused'
    I click this and it says 'Sync is Paused'.

Grand, except for this........When I click this icon I get the option to view the passwords I have saved on Google Passwords. Passwords are initially just dots but if I click the option to view a password it asks me for my Windows password. Once I provide my windows password I'm able to view my gmail passwords.

So anyone with access to the laptop, and who has the Windows password, can view my password details that I've saved on my Google account, even though I'm logged out of that google account. How can this be allowed? Or is there a way to prevent that happening?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

That's normal with Chrome. Not sure of any way to disable it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭G1032

OK
    Seems you have to turn off Sync
    Then you'll be fully logged out of your google account.
    Seems a bit crazy really that you're logged out, but not fully logged out until you turn off Sync.

Advertisement