Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity Bill - understanding discounts

Options
  • 04-01-2019 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

This might be better in After Hours, wasn't sure.

Here's a BGE electricity bill from a year ago.

I can see that the 3% discount for going paperless is 3% of the unit cost. Similarly for the 2% discount for level pay. I can't see what the 5% discount for being a new customer applies to, it only comes to €2.31, and I can't see that that's 5% of anything else.

Can anyone explain how Bord Gais apply that discount?

Thanks - opm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

opm wrote: »
    This might be better in After Hours, wasn't sure.

Here's a BGE electricity bill from a year ago.

I can see that the 3% discount for going paperless is 3% of the unit cost. Similarly for the 2% discount for level pay. I can't see what the 5% discount for being a new customer applies to, it only comes to €2.31, and I can't see that that's 5% of anything else.

Can anyone explain how Bord Gais apply that discount?

Thanks - opm.

No discounts on VAT or gov levy
    Your discount is prob just on charges pet unit used.(before levy and vat are added to the bill)
    It's the same with all providers
    Try checking that on your bill

• Registered Users Posts: 30 opm

wally1990 wrote: »
    No discounts on VAT or gov levy
    Your discount is prob just on charges pet unit used.(before levy and vat are added to the bill)
    It's the same with all providers
    Try checking that on your bill

You're right that the 3% and 2% are just on the units used charge before VAT and/or levy, but the 5% discount is less than the 2% of the units charge, so still not clear on what it applies to.

Advertisement