Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening outfit for boy

• 04-01-2019 10:30pm

Hi folks,

My wife is looking for a christening outfit for our boy but is not having much luck. Most of the gowns seem to be for girls or the boys' ones seem to be shorts but we'll be in a cold church in February so neither will do. Does anyone have any suggestions for an outfit for a boy for the day that's in it?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Hi folks,

My wife is looking for a christening outfit for our boy but is not having much luck. Most of the gowns seem to be for girls or the boys' ones seem to be shorts but we'll be in a cold church in February so neither will do. Does anyone have any suggestions for an outfit for a boy for the day that's in it?

Thanks in advance.

Regular outfit. Wrap in white blanket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I’ve got three boys. They all wore the frock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

My boys wore the gown too, white vest and babygrow or white tights underneath

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

My boy wore a plain white babygrow from mamas and papas a few months ago - it was kind of textured finish and with wrap over buttons.The only christening gear available was a satin romper suit thing that I didn't like, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

I had a kind of sailor type christening outfit for both ours,from marks and Spencer white linen with a small navy trim I'm a kind of romper suit style,it did have short legs and sleeves but I just put long white socks on the both and a long sleeve White vest and it looked good. Then the blanket like everyone else said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

We put this on our son for his Christening (minus the hat!).

https://www.christeningandoccasions.ie/christening-for-boys/976-baby-boys-christening-wedding-waistcoat-set-brian.html

Some nice little suits on that website if that's the kind of thing you are into. Some are just terrible but a couple of nice ones on it.

Thanks a million for the advice guys. My wife is going to use the romper suit we have at home and then use a white baby grow and vest underneath as suggested. We tried it on yesterday and it looked fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

I have a girl..
    We got a pretty white dress from next and it did the job!

It was also off her within an hour of the afters...

Not sure if it's the same as with boys .. but it made me think of the cost of the 'official' outfits!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kastasia

My mam made our boy a traditional one, so it looked like a dress. There were 5 babies at the christening, the only other boy was just in a white babygro, priest kept thinking ours was a girl. He wore a white babygro under down and after a while the dress came off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Clashmore

My first lad wore a baby grow made to look like a shirt and tie and my second wore a white vest/shirt and grey pants from next. Wanted something they would wear again without spending a fortune

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Yoghurt87

We got an outfit from M&S for my son’s christening. A white cotton vest with cream trousers and suspenders. It looked nice and smart and suitable for the occasion and was a decent alternative to a dress, if that’s what you’re looking to avoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Thanks a million for the advice guys. My wife is going to use the romper suit we have at home and then use a white baby grow and vest underneath as suggested. We tried it on yesterday and it looked fine.

Did the same for my little fella, looked great :)

Advertisement