Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Moate

Options
  • 04-01-2019 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi myself and my partner are thinking if moving to Moate. I am wondering if it is a safe area to live in.

We are in our late 40s so dont really need a busy town. Has anyone heard of Whitcroft Court, Church Street, Moate, Co. Westmeath ? -apartment block ?
    Also, is the bus service to Athlone any good.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Couldn't tell you about the bus service, since I live in Athlone and drive. However, Moate is a fairly quite town.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

Sandra246 wrote: »
    Hi myself and my partner are thinking if moving to Moate. I am wondering if it is a safe area to live in.

We are in our late 40s so dont really need a busy town. Has anyone heard of Whitcroft Court, Church Street, Moate, Co. Westmeath ? -apartment block ?
    Also, is the bus service to Athlone any good.
    Thanks

It's a relatively quiet town.

It was badly hit in the crash, but things are picking up again.

Is that the apartments at the rear of the Medical Centre?

With regards to buses...a quick search...

Flagline

Citylink

Bus Eireann

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭rn

Moate is quiet. Mostly nice estates but there are a few unsociable families in the area. However the positives greatly out weigh the negatives.

Generally standard of houses is good relative to athlone. The green way is excellent. They've a fantastic public park. Golf course. Supervalu and take aways. All with in walking distance of the main street.

There's the bus service to athlone, but there's also the green way. Bout 30 mins leisurely cycle to athlone Town centre.

Advertisement