Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with firmware password

Options
  • 04-01-2019 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

Hi, I need some help with my firmware password. I bought a refurbished machine with a groupon last summer and today I went to install a new SSD in it. After cloning the hard drive to the new SSD, I installed it and the laptop would not boot, so I tried recovery mode where I got the lock icon and a text entry box. Seemingly, my system has a firmware password set up.

I contacted Apple who won't help as I'm not the original owner, unless I can get the original receipt. So then I turned to Google. Found a video which explained how to uncloak the Firmware Password, which I now have, only thing is it has a special character which I'm not able to find.

The firmware password is "ªADAM77".

I've no idea how to get that lower case A. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bluezulu49

Is this it?

ªADAM77

Character viewer is accessed by pressing control, command and space bar. I found this superscript ª under letterlike symbols by scrolling downwards. See attached picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

bluezulu49 wrote: »
    Is this it?

ªADAM77

Character viewer is accessed by pressing control, command and space bar. I found this superscript ª under letterlike symbols by scrolling downwards. See attached picture.

Thanks BlueZulu, only thing is I can't type that superscript A using the keyboard. Not that I can see anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bluezulu49

What you need to do is click on the box where you want to put in the password.
    Then press control, command and space bar.
    This will open the character viewer.
    Click on Letterlike Symbols and then clock on a in the top right hand corner. Scroll down until you see the relevant character. The one I have shown is the top middle a under Font Variation. Double clicking it will insert it in the password box. Hope this helps.

Advertisement