Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childcare

Options
  • 04-01-2019 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'll keep this brief, we're hoping to move to Sligo from Dublin in June/July. I have 3 kids, youngest is 2 years old. Any advice on childcare? I'd prefer a part time nanny but not sure how easy this is??
    Also any tips on life in Sligo would be great, I've nervous trepidation!!

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Hi, Where in Sligo are you moving to? Have you checked any of the professional sites to source a nanny?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 posielee

We're hoping to move to the Strandhill area, I've checked on mindme.ie, I was just wondering if there is a local noticeboard or agency that I don't know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

posielee wrote: »
    We're hoping to move to the Strandhill area, I've checked on mindme.ie, I was just wondering if there is a local noticeboard or agency that I don't know about.

There isn't really...and childminders are pretty rare around here. You could hit it lucky though, don't lose hope yet! Strandhill has a very young population, it's teeming with young families.
    I reckon your best bet would be to ask around with anyone you know/meet. I have a couple of friends in Strandhill that I'll ask for you if they have any other ideas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭lenan

There are 2 creches both will collect from Strandhill NS and Ransboro NS. Both have good reputations.
    It's become harder in the village to get a traditional type child minder, ie a mum doing it in her home. Most people will put up sign in the 2 local shops or the FB page Strandhill Notice Board.
    I'd imagine it's even more difficult to get someone to go into your home. Most of these child minders are older so I'd suggest putting an advert in the Sligo Champion as well.
    If your planning on renting please be aware that rental accommodation is very scarce in Strandhill, so start looking as soon as you can. But most landlords seem to rather to let to families than individuals. Best of luck

Advertisement