Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surplus costs on New Home

• 04-01-2019 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭

I know it's difficult to answer this question, however I am looking for approx additional costs involved before moving into a new home. It's a 3 bedroom home.

My rough guess is :

Kitchen 4500
    Dinning room 1000
    3 Bedrooms 4000
    Living room 2000
    2 Bathrooms 1000

Flooring is included, but getting a higher spec so may need to pay 500e extra.

Any other costs that I maybe missing?

And these are for moderately priced items.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭line_of_fire

Is tiling included? If not you will need to increase amount for bathrooms. Can always go as cheap or expensive as you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Our kitchen was all incuded (fitting and white goods) and our bathrooms were pretty much finished.

Bedrooms had built in wardrobes so we only needed beds to get started.

Main expenses:
    Flooring (4-8k)
    Dining room 1k
    Sitting room 1k
    Three beds and mattresses 2k
    Washing machine and dryer 1k

You can do it quite cheap or quite slowly if your on a budget - we're going for slowly so we can make sure to get the right items. You don't need that much furniture to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Allowances which are included: (although homes are not ready yet)

Fitted Wardrobe in bedrooms
    Fitted kitchen
    Tiled kitchen
    Tiled bathrooms
    Painting
    Carpets

Furnished interior:
    Fitted kitchen
    Timber first floor
    Carpet to ground floor
    Solar panels

Are these good specs?

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If your kitchen is fitted and included then what do you plan on spending 4500 on in the kitchen?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Aaron15

Allowances which are included: (although homes are not ready yet)

Fitted Wardrobe in bedrooms
    Fitted kitchen
    Tiled kitchen
    Tiled bathrooms
    Painting
    Carpets

Furnished interior:
    Fitted kitchen
    Timber first floor
    Carpet to ground floor
    Solar panels

Are these good specs?

What are you spending 4500 on if you are getting a fitted kitchen included ?

• Advertisement

Looking to get a bigger fridge, 7 hob cooker, washing machine, kitchen island with high chairs. The builder said he's going to adjust the money as to what he's supplying and what we are looking at.
    awec wrote: »
    If your kitchen is fitted and included then what do you plan on spending 4500 on in the kitchen?

Looking to get a bigger fridge, 7 hob cooker, washing machine, kitchen island with high chairs. The builder said he's going to adjust the money as to what he's supplying and what we are looking at.
    awec wrote: »

I guess it's hard to advise on what you should budget if your also including upgrades like this!

I am basically looking for any other hidden costs, and not budget advice per se.
    GingerLily wrote: »
    I guess it's hard to advise on what you should budget if your also including upgrades like this!

You'll need about a grand for a new alarm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Curtains and blinds
    Light fittings

• Advertisement

What’s the 2k for the living room needing to cover? It looks a very low amount, you could exceed that in the tv alone if going for a big fairly high end one.
    GingerLily wrote: »
    You'll need about a grand for a new alarm.

Or keep the money in your pocket and save your neighbors ears from false alarms. They are a waste of money imo nothing but noise pollution, be better to put the money into stuff like ring surveillance systems etc that alert you and show you live feeds etc.

Thanks GingerLily and Phoenix.

2k only the sofa and table. We got a nice fancy TV + music system already.

How does this ring surveillance system work? And cost involved?
    What’s the 2k for the living room needing to cover? It looks a very low amount, you could exceed that in the tv alone if going for a big fairly high end one.

Or keep the money in your pocket and your neighbors ears from false alarms. They are a waste of money imo nothing but noise pollution, be better to but the money into stuff like ring surveillance systems etc that alert you and show you live feeds etc.

Thanks GingerLily and Phoenix.

2k only the sofa and table. We got a nice fancy TV + music system already.

How does this ring surveillance system work? And cost involved?

Have a look on their website here at the different options: https://eu.ring.com/

They aren’t the only option but just an example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Have a look on their website here at the different options: https://eu.ring.com/

Thanks nox, they're having some really reasonable good motion sensor cameras with light, I imagine them being a hell of a lot better than a classic wired alarm in an estate with the smart alarm that sends a message to your phone.
    And two, which is usually sufficient for a house in an estate are not even half the price of a wired alarm.

I see wired alarms as outdated fad to bring home insurance down a few pennies. CCTV all the way, baby.

Now I just need to figure out if a cat activates the alarm signal....

I had a look now, it appears to be part of amazon services and it says it's not available in Ireland (no service provider in your country).
    Correct me if I am wrong.

I had a look now, it appears to be part of amazon services and it says it's not available in Ireland (no service provider in your country).
    Correct me if I am wrong.

Ring products definitely work in Ireland you can even buy them in currys etc. Not sure exactly what services you are referring to not having a provider?

Well, I was talking to customer representative on eu.ring.com and they sent me a link where it said "Service not available in your country"

But I have checked it on amazon, currys, etc and they all seem to be working well here.

How's their motion detector?
    Ring products definitely work in Ireland you can even buy them in currys etc. Not sure exactly what services you are referring to not having a provider?

Well, I was talking to customer representative on eu.ring.com and they sent me a link where it said "Service not available in your country"

But I have checked it on amazon, currys, etc and they all seem to be working well here.

I'm don't actually have any at the moment but I am planning to get some of the products.

Cool, please let me know how you get on. I still have 3 months or so before moving into the new home.
    I'm don't actually have any at the moment but I am planning to get some of the products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,384 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Motion detection is quite good, even in the dark and using battery power.

• Advertisement

Overall how much is it going to cost with cameras?
    Motion detection is quite good, even in the dark and using battery power.

Advertisement