Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir - the best customer service I have ever experienced...(joke)

• 05-01-2019 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Here is my real experience with Eir.....with nothing added.

Neighbours said Eir had fibre outside and that 1000mb was ready & available.

I already had Virgin (and still have) 360mb product which is fine, but drops quite a bit. I was excited at the thought of 1000mb!

Ordered online via live chat - very straightforward - guy from India was pleasant and stuck to the script

Text to confirm appointment with KN lads for approx 1 week later

KN lad arrives - lovely guy. Asked me where he should drill the hole etc. If left and he called me an hour or so later - all installed however no light. Advised to call Eir and follow up with them.

All good I thought.....won't take long...

First call to Eir - got through after 3 attempts and over 1hr45 minutes on hold. Two calls I had to end because I had to get back to work. Third attempt I persevered.

Guy on the phone said the cable was there but no DP light and he wasnt sure when the DP light would be on. He mentioned weeks rather than days. 

I called Eir periodically and to my delight in Mid November, I was told the light is on!!

I was so excited about the thought of this hurricane speed broadband. Booked the installation appointment (KN had to finish the job)

Day of the appointment, lad arrives, again very pleasant, g[font=Verdana, sans-serif]ot connected.....the KN lad told me the broadband was so fast that if I did a speed test on my mobile it would blow the chip.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I was even more excited...[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I opened my surface....looked for the wifi SSID, entered the password and connected to the wifi.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hang on a sec...it's not that fast at all....(I already had Virgin 360mb in the house)[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]My surface showed 250mb + on Virgin wifi....4-6mb on Eir[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Called the technical wizards - they wouldnt help me unless I connected a cable to the modem. They don't trust wifi.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]The surface book doesn't permit a cable connection. No joy - the script says I have to connect with a cable. 2 metres away from the modem I'm getting 4mb download. 2 floors away from the Virgin router I'm getting 200mb consistently. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]So clearly something was wrong.....but a script is a script so I was stuck with 4mb. Nothing I could say would get this lad to speed me up. Not possible he said. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I thought - if this is the way new customers are treated (long wait times, unhelpful technical support etc) it's unlikely to get any better.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Called Eir again...to cancel (14 day cooling off period)....1 hour and 10 minutes on hold....seriously. I was fit to be tied. (Their music as we all know drives us mad)[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Loyalty team lady told me that I had cancelled and that I would get an email to tell me what to do with the equipment.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Two weeks later, n[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]othing - no email. I couldn't face another hour on hold. So I tried Live Chat...they couldn't help. I needed to call 1901.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I did, and 45 minutes later I was told the cancellation hadn't gone through! The girl I spoke to told me that she would do it there and then and that even though I was outside the 14 day cooling off period, she could see that the original cancellation was within the time limit. But that she couldnt adjust the bill. I'd need to get on to billing.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Back in the queue for 40 minutes. Pleasant guy said the bill was too high for him to cancel - a supervisor would need to do it. I asked him to call me back. He never did. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] 3rd January after seeing the direct debit for €243 leaving my account I called again as I knew the cancellation hadn't gone through. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]this time I called at 9.01am - 4 minutes on hold, got cancelled and was told the bill would be refunded. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I don't believe a word of it so I contacted my bank and asked them to reverse the direct debit as I don't trust Eir to make a call let alone refund my direct debit.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]So I've sent back the modem and I've put through an order for Firbre with Digiweb (modem arriving Monday) and hopefully they will be better. The product should be the same, just with hopefully a better customer service.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]It was interesting to hear Carolan Lannon the Eir CEO waffling away this morning on Newstalk. She should spend more time sorting out the horrific mess that the company she runs rather than chewing the fat on the radio about her leadership qualities.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sad to see the company in the state it's in. I don't believe my experience is a blip.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Anyone thinking about Eir please check out their Trust Pilot reviews[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]So long eir[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

finners01 wrote: »

I already had Virgin (and still have) 360mb product which is fine, but drops quite a bit. I was excited at the thought of 1000mb!

Ordered online via live chat - very straightforward - guy from India was pleasant and stuck to the script

KN lad arrives - lovely guy. Asked me where he should drill the hole etc. If left and he called me an hour or so later - all installed however no light. Advised to call Eir and follow up with them.

First call to Eir - got through after 3 attempts and over 1hr45 minutes on hold. Two calls I had to end because I had to get back to work. Third attempt I persevered.

Guy on the phone said the cable was there but no DP light and he wasnt sure when the DP light would be on. He mentioned weeks rather than days. 

I called Eir periodically and to my delight in Mid November, I was told the light is on!!

I was so excited about the thought of this hurricane speed broadband. Booked the installation appointment (KN had to finish the job)

Day of the appointment, lad arrives, again very pleasant, g[font=Verdana, sans-serif]ot connected.....the KN lad told me the broadband was so fast that if I did a speed test on my mobile it would blow the chip.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I opened my surface....looked for the wifi SSID, entered the password and connected to the wifi.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hang on a sec...it's not that fast at all....(I already had Virgin 360mb in the house)[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]My surface showed 250mb + on Virgin wifi....4-6mb on Eir[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Called the technical wizards - they wouldnt help me unless I connected a cable to the modem. They don't trust wifi.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]The surface book doesn't permit a cable connection. No joy - the script says I have to connect with a cable. 2 metres away from the modem I'm getting 4mb download. 2 floors away from the Virgin router I'm getting 200mb consistently. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]So clearly something was wrong.....but a script is a script so I was stuck with 4mb. Nothing I could say would get this lad to speed me up. Not possible he said. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I thought - if this is the way new customers are treated (long wait times, unhelpful technical support etc) it's unlikely to get any better.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Called Eir again...to cancel (14 day cooling off period)....1 hour and 10 minutes on hold....seriously. I was fit to be tied. (Their music as we all know drives us mad)[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Loyalty team lady told me that I had cancelled and that I would get an email to tell me what to do with the equipment.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Two weeks later, n[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]othing - no email. I couldn't face another hour on hold. So I tried Live Chat...they couldn't help. I needed to call 1901.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I did, and 45 minutes later I was told the cancellation hadn't gone through! The girl I spoke to told me that she would do it there and then and that even though I was outside the 14 day cooling off period, she could see that the original cancellation was within the time limit. But that she couldnt adjust the bill. I'd need to get on to billing.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Back in the queue for 40 minutes. Pleasant guy said the bill was too high for him to cancel - a supervisor would need to do it. I asked him to call me back. He never did. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] 3rd January after seeing the direct debit for €243 leaving my account I called again as I knew the cancellation hadn't gone through. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]this time I called at 9.01am - 4 minutes on hold, got cancelled and was told the bill would be refunded. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I don't believe a word of it so I contacted my bank and asked them to reverse the direct debit as I don't trust Eir to make a call let alone refund my direct debit.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]So I've sent back the modem and I've put through an order for Firbre with Digiweb (modem arriving Monday) and hopefully they will be better. The product should be the same, just with hopefully a better customer service.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]It was interesting to hear Carolan Lannon the Eir CEO waffling away this morning on Newstalk. She should spend more time sorting out the horrific mess that the company she runs rather than chewing the fat on the radio about her leadership qualities.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sad to see the company in the state it's in. I don't believe my experience is a blip.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Anyone thinking about Eir please check out their Trust Pilot reviews[/font]

Hi finners01, 

I sincerely apologise for the poor customer service you have received since joining our network. 

If you could PM the following details I will confirm the account has been cancelled and that those fees were cleared on your account? 

1. Your Name
    2. Your Address
    3. Your DOB
    4. Are you the account holder? 
    5. Account Number

As soon as I get this information I can then access your account and I will ensure that your request has been actioned. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 26 finners01

Hi finners01, 

I sincerely apologise for the poor customer service you have received since joining our network. 

If you could PM the following details I will confirm the account has been cancelled and that those fees were cleared on your account? 

1. Your Name
    2. Your Address
    3. Your DOB
    5. Account Number

As soon as I get this information I can then access your account and I will ensure that your request has been actioned. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Done Grainne

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Hi finners01, 

1. Your Name
    2. Your Address
    3. Your DOB
    5. Account Number

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Just out of curiosity Grainne, why can you chek this quite easily whereas based on the OP's (and many other complainants on here) experience, your telephone "customer support" team cannot offer the same level of service?
    Why is it that the OP had to make several calls, involving prolonged periods on hold, to be told that what was requested previously promised was not actually done?

If it were a once off, fair enough but we all know that this crap has been going on for years within eir and no amount of name changes and glossy adverts on the tv can change the fact that, as a company, you treat your customers like crap!

To complete the story,

I ordered Digiweb on Jan3 rd

Fritzbox modem arrived yesterday in the post

Kn came today to install

All working perfectly....!

And...I just called Technical Support in Digiweb to see what the wait times were.....the call lasted 1 minute 5 seconds. 

That's getting through the into messages, the real person answered, I said - are you Technical Support, she said Yes and I said thanks...I'm testing the wait times.

She laughed...obviously well aware of the disaster that is Eir

So I'm now on Fibre To the Home....with digiweb....using Eir fibre....knowing I can speak to a real person pretty quickly.

Update:

I've been in touch with Grainne via PM.

Still no refund...apparently it will be processed mid February. I'll believe it when I see it!

Got a message from Eir today via SMS

We’re sorry to hear that you are cancelling your services with us. As you are still within your minimum contract term, you must pay an early service cancellation charge. We will charge you this fee after your services cease. For more information please call 1800 303 452. From eir

Please anyone reading this....save yourself the hassle..do not sign up with Eir for anything.

Sad to see the company in the state it is

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Update:

In fairness, it's nothing new. 
    The company has shown contempt for its customer base for as long as I can remember.

Update:

Still no refund...apparently it will be processed mid February. I'll believe it when I see it!

We’re sorry to hear that you are cancelling your services with us. As you are still within your minimum contract term, you must pay an early service cancellation charge. We will charge you this fee after your services cease. For more information please call 1800 303 452. From eir

Please anyone reading this....save yourself the hassle..do not sign up with Eir for anything.

Hi finners01, 

I have processed the refund to your bank account. 

You will receive an email once the refund has been processed to your bank account.

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Update:

Hi finners01, 

You will receive an email once the refund has been processed to your bank account.

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Hi finners01, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

It's great the way you can do this for this guy and ignore a long standing business customer for months and months on end. Going to repost in my thread now

Seve OB wrote: »
    Hi finners01, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

It's great the way you can do this for this guy and ignore a long standing business customer for months and months on end.  Going to repost in my thread now
    Hi Seve OB, 

I can assure you are not being ignored. 

Unfortunately, the social media team do not have access to discuss business accounts. 

You will need to contact our dedicated business care team. You can find details here

Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Hi Seve OB, 

Unfortunately, the social media team do not have access to discuss business accounts. 

You will need to contact our dedicated business care team. You can find details here

Grainne

Well I can assure you I clearly an being ignored.
    Would you say that if someone sends about 20 emails since mid November without a single reply is not being ignored?

As I said in the other thread, I don't expect you to solve my problems but you might do me a favour and get the people who are supposed to deal with your business customers to do their jobs........ And even just acknowledge my issue to begin with

Seve OB wrote: »
    Hi Seve OB, 

Grainne

Well I can assure you I clearly an being ignored.
    Would you say that if someone sends about 20 emails since mid November without a single reply is not being ignored?

As I said in the other thread,  I don't expect you to solve my problems but you might do me a favour and get the people who are supposed to deal with your business customers to do their jobs........  And even just acknowledge my issue to begin with
    Hi Seve OB, 

I complete;y understand the frustration that this has caused you and I sincerely apologise you have not received a response. 

The social media team are unable to schedule a callback. 

If you contact the numbers I provided an agent will be happy to assist. 

Grainne

Advertisement