Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I request smart meter?

Options
  • 05-01-2019 4:11pm
    Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there. I'm planning doing works to our house, which would involve moving our existing analog electricity meter from the inside of our house, to the outside of the house. I understand smart meters are rolling out from late 2018/early 2019 so I wondering can I request one since it would be pointless installing a new digital meter now, only to replace it with a smart meter as they start rolling them out in my area.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Black_Knight,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Electric Ireland can request a change of tariff such as an exchange of a 24 hour for a Night Saver meter. ESB Networks would then complete the work after receiving the order from Electric Ireland. 

As you are looking to relocate and upgrade the meter, this would be a matter for ESB Networks. ESB Networks are responsible for all meter works, including meter relocation, and will be overseeing the roll out of smart meters. You can find their contact details here.

Should you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks, 
    Aoife

Advertisement