Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

You don’t. You haven’t developed enough to form attractions to people. You may have a preference for male or female but that’s more of a social preference for the company you prefer, over sexual preference. I feel uncomfortable even talking about this tbh.

Exactly. Parents are peddling this stuff. Sadly as uncomfortable this is to talk about we need to talk about it and combat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Pretty sure at 3 years of age I wanted to be a Care Bear.

That is some leap from a care bear to a demonic talking skull!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 DaverageJoe

That is some leap from a care bear to a demonic talking skull!

Maybe this is what happens when you don't let your kids follow their dreams?! I might have to reassess my opinion on children shaking their asses for cash in gay bars because they like wearing lipstick...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

gw80 wrote: »
    I know what you mean, about eotr I feel like I need a shower

That’s low.

backspin. wrote: »
    If this was an 11 year old girl dancing infront of adult men there would be absolute outrage and rightly so. I just don't get why there is such support of this obvious abuse of a young boy.

We live in really f**ked up times.

I was recently on board one of the Hurtigruten ships which ply the coast of Norway, some of it very remote. I attended one of the interesting lectures given about life on the more northerly villages in Europe. Life was always difficult and people have relied on fishing, but the small communities have survived well in such northerly latitude, but the remotest of these villages once had a dreadful reputation and with a nickname of Hell or something like that. No police or outsiders could get to and from it in a day, so the community was extremely insular. There were reports of dreadful child sexual abuse, drunkenness, rape, debauchery and every evil imaginable. The lecturer posed questions as to why this village became like this and she suggested that human beings can become evil and dysfunctional if not curbed by imposed social norms of civilised society. She said it is quite disturbing to think that any of us mught be like that if we were left entirely to own devices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭gw80

Rennaws wrote: »
    That’s low.

Ah I said it in jest, i just forgot to apply a smiley face at the end,
    I loves him really.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

gw80 wrote: »
    Ah I said it in jest, i just forgot to apply a smiley face at the end,
    I loves him really.

That sounds really sincere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭gw80

That sounds really sincere.
    Jesus, ye are all very sensitive,
    I said I felt dirty because I agree with eotr for once, it wasn't a personal jab.
    I'll be careful from now on I suppose.
    It's all getting very safe spacey around here,jeez

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Having grown up in my early adulthood in a city where I frequented regularly gay bars where often there would be weekly stage acts, Drag being one of them, most gay men like myself cannot abide Drag acts. There is no intrinsic connection (for me) to be being gay and having an interest in Drag. I've always found it a most peculiar thing and all of my gay friends feel the same. I don't get it, I don't understand it, I don't see whats entertaining about it and frankly I find it a bit odd. I don't even know what it means, I couldn't define it. It's not like one could define drag artists as a minority so what are they exactly. I've no clue, and I don't care.

What I do somewhat understand is there is a world of sexual interest in ppl who define as TV/CD. I don't even know what that means fully (because it has noting to do with me as a gay man). I do know that ppl who are in interested in those types are either fully heterosexual or bisexual. Gay man are interested in men and the more butch/masculine the better. Gay men are not interested in men who look feminine, dress up in womens clothing, despite the fact some gay men come across as feminine. In fact most gay men do in fact look down on gay men who are overtly effeminate.

So all I'm saying here is that most gay men do not in any way adore Drag artists, quite the opposite. That is a world I as a gay man know very little about despite having witnessed their acts many times. It's totally alien to me but minorities do seem to be thrown into the same bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Yaxley Peters

What do you expect in a broken society? The parents were probably too busy staring at their smartphone to stop the child being groomed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,859 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

And who exactly defines what is "right" in this instance is it you? is it what the majority believes is "right". Everything he did was done legally and above board so nothing wrong there but, surely he must be getting exploited and forced to do it therefore it is "true" that it is child abuse. Oh wait there's no evidence or proof of this but it's still the "facts" right no child would willing or voluntarily do what he is doing because every child should act in a certain way and not go against the "norms" that society has set out for him/her.

FGM is legal in some countries, that doesn't mean I am ok with it.

Ditto other cultural practices.

Pederasty was common in ancient Greek and Samurai cultures, still doesn't make me ok with it.

That child was abused by being put in front of that audience to perform in the way he did. It wasn't a school play or something innocent like that. The video was sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Yaxley Peters

And who exactly defines what is "right" in this instance is it you? is it what the majority believes is "right". Everything he did was done legally and above board so nothing wrong there but, surely he must be getting exploited and forced to do it therefore it is "true" that it is child abuse. Oh wait there's no evidence or proof of this but it's still the "facts" right no child would willing or voluntarily do what he is doing because every child should act in a certain way and not go against the "norms" that society has set out for him/her.

Get help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

We maybe in the minority but we believe there is nothing wrong with what he is doing.

I vaguely, remember this reply to one of my posts last night. Didn't think too much about it then.

After reading the thread today. It chills my bones.

If i was a child social worker reading this thread i'd be looking for investigation into certain accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,754 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

If i was a child social worker reading this thread i'd be looking for investigation into certain accounts.

It’s a good thing then you’re not a social worker because that level of paranoia would make you a liability. I’m reading the same thread and I’m honestly surprised at some of the knee-jerk reactions to this story. I’m also surprised at the number of posters that seem this sort of thing child abuse. I’m not seeing any reason to suspect the child in this instance is being abused. Sure, I can see he takes his cues from his parents and he’s mimicking adults he’s surrounded by and all the rest of it, but that’s generally what children do.

To put what’s going on there in I suppose as familiar a context as I can - I don’t think anyone here can deny that we’ve seen people refer to parents who raise their children in religious communities, as abusing their children and so on, paedo enablers and all the rest of it. I’ve never taken that kind of ****e seriously, because if that’s how someone quantifies child abuse, then their objections aren’t for the sake of the protection and safety of the children, their objections are entirely based upon their disagreement with someone else’s ideology, and they’re using the child abuse label as a way to heap an even greater negative perception on an ideology that differs from their own.

Personally, I’d reserve any accusations of child abuse for when I see a child being abused, not just because their parents are into an ideology I don’t share and wouldn’t want for my own child. I don’t see any reason to think a child is being abused here. I see that he’s being raised in a community that couldn’t be more different socially and culturally from my own community, but does that mean he’s being abused?

Does that mean those parents then have a right to claim anyone who isn’t raising their children by their standards, is guilty of committing child abuse? I’d be telling them to fcuk off with that idea and all, because all it’s doing is lowering the bar by which we determine whether or not a child is being abused. In a similar way to how the metoo movement has now lowered what qualifies as rape to the point where it’s viewed in the same context as a slap on the arse, that’s exactly what’s going to happen if we start claiming people are committing child abuse because we don’t agree with how they’re raising their children.

I’m not ok with that tbh. I’m not ok with a child being paraded in public like that either, for a whole plethora of reasons, but I think it’s far more sinister to attempt to quantify it as child abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Is it ok for the child of a prostitute to mimic her mother and sell her body to men?
    Is it ok for the child of a heroin or coke addict to mimic their parents and snort substances? The child is exploited for money and is being sexualised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Get help.

If it involves getting help from the permanently outraged that's not something I'd want to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Sonic Youth

Well this thread has outed the pedos who use Boards if nothing else.

It’s a good thing then you’re not a social worker because that level of paranoia would make you a liability. I’m reading the same thread and I’m honestly surprised at some of the knee-jerk reactions to this story. I’m also surprised at the number of posters that seem this sort of thing child abuse. I’m not seeing any reason to suspect the child in this instance is being abused. Sure, I can see he takes his cues from his parents and he’s mimicking adults he’s surrounded by and all the rest of it, but that’s generally what children do.

To put what’s going on there in I suppose as familiar a context as I can - I don’t think anyone here can deny that we’ve seen people refer to parents who raise their children in religious communities, as abusing their children and so on, paedo enablers and all the rest of it. I’ve never taken that kind of ****e seriously, because if that’s how someone quantifies child abuse, then their objections aren’t for the sake of the protection and safety of the children, their objections are entirely based upon their disagreement with someone else’s ideology, and they’re using the child abuse label as a way to heap an even greater negative perception on an ideology that differs from their own.

Personally, I’d reserve any accusations of child abuse for when I see a child being abused, not just because their parents are into an ideology I don’t share and wouldn’t want for my own child. I don’t see any reason to think a child is being abused here. I see that he’s being raised in a community that couldn’t be more different socially and culturally from my own community, but does that mean he’s being abused?

Does that mean those parents then have a right to claim anyone who isn’t raising their children by their standards, is guilty of committing child abuse? I’d be telling them to fcuk off with that idea and all, because all it’s doing is lowering the bar by which we determine whether or not a child is being abused. In a similar way to how the metoo movement has now lowered what qualifies as rape to the point where it’s viewed in the same context as a slap on the arse, that’s exactly what’s going to happen if we start claiming people are committing child abuse because we don’t agree with how they’re raising their children.

I’m not ok with that tbh. I’m not ok with a child being paraded in public like that either, for a whole plethora of reasons, but I think it’s far more sinister to attempt to quantify it as child abuse.

Seriously. Look at some of the 'Desmond is Amazing' videos on YouTube. If you don't think that child is being exploited... you're blind One Eyed Jack. Kid looks drugged out of it and hanging around with a creep who served time for murder. Paranoia and no evidence of abuse.. Are you a little slow on the uptake?

'I’m not ok with that tbh. I’m not ok with a child being paraded in public like that either, for a whole plethora of reasons, but I think it’s far more sinister to attempt to quantify it as child abuse.'

Equivocation of the highest order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Davis Orange Cemetery

Seriously. Look at some of the 'Desmond is Amazing' videos on YouTube. If you don't think that child is being exploited... you're blind One Eyed Jack.

according to the childs wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Napoles , parents exposed him at 2/3 to the lifestyle as he was "likely gay" he's also on the autistim spectrum and "claims" drag helps him...the parents are to blame here and very creepy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It's not really about "standards" at all though is it? In what world is having an 11 year old in a nightclub at 4am performing and surrounded by leering men throwing money at them ever acceptable, even by the most lax parenting standards?

The child has been groomed from a young age to be involved with this scene and is now supporting his family. It's the very definition of abuse and exploitation.

Is it ok for the child of a prostitute to mimic her mother and sell her body to men?
    Is it ok for the child of a heroin or coke addict to mimic their parents and snort substances?

Come on now, you know the answers to those questions. Of course I’m going to say no, I don’t think either of those things are ok. There’s no need to go through a list of what is or isn’t ok, it’s fairly safe to say I don’t agree with either child prostitution or children ingesting non-prescription drugs.

The child is exploited for money and is being sexualised

I just don’t know that he is being exploited if I’m being honest. He’s obviously fully aware of what he’s doing, the only thing I’d be concerned about is he appears to have piss-poor co-ordination when he’s walking.

As for him being sexualised, yep, I absolutely agree he’s being sexualised, as are most children. They’re normally sexualised according to heterosexual norms, so it’s not so weird for us when y’know, we’re already pairing off our children with prospective future partners the minute they enter playschool or whatever. It’s weird when parents are pairing off Tarquin and Tommy, but I can understand how some parents would know and can already tell that Tarquin isn’t going to be pairing off with Tania at any time in the future :pac:

It basically just comes down to theirs is a whole different culture and they have different ideals for their children, and it’s quite likely the child will develop into a healthy adult and so on, long after we’ve forgotten about him. Be like McCauley Culkin in 30 years time!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Here's what I really don't get. If you go to a drag show and walk up and throw money at one of the performers, surely you're gonna get a black eye? I don't know of any performance that warrants money being thrown other than an adult strip show, so surely adding those sweaty dollars to the equation brings some really uncomfortable comparisons to a sexualised adult performance.

For the record, I wouldn't hang this on the door of the LGBTQ community as if it's some hive mind like some people have tried to do, I find "wholesome god-loving" Middle America child beauty pageants grim too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I'm genuinely disturbed by what I'm reading.

Come on now, you know the answers to those questions. Of course I’m going to say no, I don’t think either of those things are ok. There’s no need to go through a list of what is or isn’t ok, it’s fairly safe to say I don’t agree with either child prostitution or children ingesting non-prescription drugs.

I just don’t know that he is being exploited if I’m being honest. He’s obviously fully aware of what he’s doing, the only thing I’d be concerned about is he appears to have piss-poor co-ordination when he’s walking.

As for him being sexualised, yep, I absolutely agree he’s being sexualised, as are most children. They’re normally sexualised according to heterosexual norms, so it’s not so weird for us when y’know, we’re already pairing off our children with prospective future partners the minute they enter playschool or whatever. It’s weird when parents are pairing off Tarquin and Tommy, but I can understand how some parents would know and can already tell that Tarquin isn’t going to be pairing off with Tania at any time in the future :pac:

It basically just comes down to theirs is a whole different culture and they have different ideals for their children, and it’s quite likely the child will develop into a healthy adult and so on, long after we’ve forgotten about him. Be like McCauley Culkin in 30 years time!

Announcing at play school that your child is gay at 3? Ring any alarm bells about a mentally unstable, unsuitable parent?

Announcing at play school that you're child is gay at 3? Ring any alarm bells about a mentally unstable, unsuitable parent?

No, it really doesn’t. Now that may be because we have different standards by which we quantify mental instability and unsuitable parents, but I’d regard that the same way I’d regard the parents telling me their children’s faith or none at three - “It’s fine, just don’t be a dick about it”.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

and it’s quite likely the child will develop into a healthy adult and so on, long after we’ve forgotten about him.

Really? I would guess that he's far more likely to end up a smackhead doing $5 gobblers round the back of the bus station.

No, it really doesn’t. Now that may be because we have different standards by which we quantify mental instability and unsuitable parents, but I’d regard that the same way I’d be supposed to regard the parents telling me their children’s faith or none at three - “It’s fine, just don’t be a dick about it”.

I'm astounded by your response. A 3 year old child should have his/her sexuality 'defined' by their parents when they're getting out of nappies.

There's liberalism, progression and then just tripping yourself up in an effort to out do everyone in the modernity and sophistication stakes. Truly bizarre.

P.s. And not just define their sexuality but own it, have them parading in drag at 7, brainwash a child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The issue for me isn’t so much she announced he was gay at 3 years old but rather the fact that she addressed his sexuality at all. He was 3 ffs. Messed up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement