Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Or they are allowing him to do what he wants to do and they are supporting his choice to do it.

But children shouldn’t be allowed to do what they want especially when it puts them in situations or environments that compromise their welfare and well-being. A cursory glance at his Instagram page and it’s clear to see his mother is running the show here. The poor kid doesn’t look well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Or they are allowing him to do what he wants to do and they are supporting his choice to do it.

1) What he wants to do is not a suitable activity for him at 11 to want to do.

2) What he wants to do is as a result of previous unsuitable stuff he's been exposed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,776 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

cgcsb wrote: »
    The Gay community of this country has effectively banished Al Porter, and that was just for making lewd comments about adults. Can you imagine the Irish gay community doing anything other than reducing this nightclub to ashes if it were located here?
    Er there were a lot more allegations than just lewd comments....
    Also tbh....good!
    He was/is a creep I had heard plenty of rumours about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Thats the thing.
    A responsible parent doesnt allow their 11yr kid to "do what they want to do"

"Desmond’s parents also consulted a therapist who said the best thing to do would be to neither discourage, nor encourage, but rather to allow Desmond to develop naturally. Therefore, rather than ostracize, punish, or shame him, force him to play with certain toys, or restrict him to boys only costumes and clothing while playing dress up, Desmond’s parents allowed him to inherently progress, explore, and choose his tastes in clothing, toys, and activities on his own. He had developed his gender identity as non-conforming, or gender fluid, as a young child. He is not, nor has the desire to become, transgender. From early on, he has said that he is a boy who enjoys dressing up as a girl."

That doesn't sound like irresponsible parenting to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I think it’s the dancing for money at 4am in gay bars and hanging out with murderers that gives people cause for calling them irresponsible parents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

"Desmond’s parents also consulted a therapist who said the best thing to do would be to neither discourage, nor encourage, but rather to allow Desmond to develop naturally. Therefore, rather than ostracize, punish, or shame him, force him to play with certain toys, or restrict him to boys only costumes and clothing while playing dress up, Desmond’s parents allowed him to inherently progress, explore, and choose his tastes in clothing, toys, and activities on his own. He had developed his gender identity as non-conforming, or gender fluid, as a young child. He is not, nor has the desire to become, transgender. From early on, he has said that he is a boy who enjoys dressing up as a girl."

Source? (Written by mom i bet)

My 9yr old loves xbox.
    He'd play it from dusk to dawn if i let him.
    Should i let him "develop naturally", encourage him.to "inherently progress, explore, and choose his tastes in clothing, toys, and activities on his own", rather than forcing him outside in the fresh air, to play with other kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There also therapists out there that recommend bleach treatment for autism!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,518 ✭✭✭cgcsb

When my friend and I were three or four we decided boys were mean (thanks to older brothers and neighbours) and we'd marry each other (:D) - our parents had a good laugh and that was that. Now there are parents who would take that as a sign that we were into women and nurture that. As it turned out we are both heterosexual (she was utterly boy mad from about 12 onwards - I remember I was about seven when I had my first crush on a guy). You can't know for sure when a child is that young ffs.

Conversely, when I was 7, I was full on infatuated with another boy. Absolutely mad about him I was. But was fully aware, even at that age that society would never except me saying such things out loud. As such these feelings became completely internalised and denied. It'd have been great if that was 'nurtured' as you said, instead of castigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

Maybe not to you, but to a lot of alpha males this would be a no no.

Can you understand why some men are against this ?

Obviously some aren't and that's their opinion.

Men who are very manly, have a bit of an old school attitude.
    They need to be understood too, not everyone can conform to societies expectations.

If people are expecting equality, people should be allowed to speak against what doesn't feel right to their moral compass....

Source? (Written by mom i bet)

My 9yr old loves xbox.
    He'd play it from dusk to dawn if i let him.
    Should i let him "develop naturally", encourage him.to "inherently progress, explore, and choose his tastes in clothing, toys, and activities on his own", rather than forcing him outside in the fresh air, to play with other kids?

https://desmondisamazing.com

And if he became a successful professional gamer down the line if you let him play Xbox rather than forcing him outside in the fresh air. Would you see that as a bad thing? Considering he'd be able to make a living from it in today's world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

There also therapists out there that recommend bleach treatment for autism!

Never done did me no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

He doesn't 'dress up like a girl' though does he? He dresses up like a man in drag. I have a girl not far off Desmonds age, she dresses in tshirts, leggings as do her friends. She certainly doesn't have half of her face smeared in lipstick and giant false lashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Nothing but a further attempt by certain groups to sexualise children. It's completely unethical.

Being a parent is not about saying yes all the time or being your kid's best friend. It's about saying No also.

That 11yr old is being exposed to situations they have no need to be anywhere near until they are much older. At 18, they can do whatever the hell they want but at 11 they are vulnerable, malleable and impressionable and being exposed to the extreme (for an 11yr old) end of any spectrum risks presenting them a very distorted viewpoint of a sexuality that should evolve naturally for them in their teenage years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

desmondisamealticket.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

It's sad and frightening that there are people, some of whom may even be parents, who see (or pretend to see) nothing wrong with this.

I pity the generation of kids raised by "progressive" parents, as they will be unlikely to lead happy lives when they discover after they get out from under mommy and daddy's wings that there are boundaries in the real world.

Nothing but a further attempt by certain groups to sexualise children. It's completely unethical.
    What group(s)?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

And now his mother is arguing that the issue is all ours and if you have any issue with this it’s blatant homophobia; Desmond’s mum said the backlash was “blatant homophobia” and a “display of the grossly outdated belief that gay men are pedophiles.”

Conveniently deflecting and dodging on the issue that it matters not what gender her child is, it matters not what orientation her child is or the gender or orientation of the audience is. What matters is her child is being encouraged by her to perform in sexually charged environments for the entertainment of boozed up adults. I don’t give a shlte if it’s her child’s desire or choosing to do this (I have my reservations) her job as a parent is to protect him from harm or exposure to inappropriate scenes at such a tender age. If she sees talent in her son then enter him in age appropriate venues, encourage him to perform in a way that isn’t gratifying for older adults. No one is saying he can’t express himself if that’s what he wants to do, but it doesn’t need to be in such extreme terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Desmond should be taken into care and his parents should be in jail

gmisk wrote: »
    What group(s)?

Not the LGBT community in general, before you jump down my throat. But groups who publicly support sexualisation of children - there are a number of them on Twitter for example, who fully embrace pedophilia and they in turn support further attempts to instil children - such as this 11yr old - in adult situations which normally involve some type of titillation or in risque clothing.

Muckka wrote: »
    Maybe not to you, but to a lot of alpha males this would be a no no.

Can you understand why some men are against this ?

Obviously some aren't and that's their opinion.

Men who are very manly, have a bit of an old school attitude.
    They need to be understood too, not everyone can conform to societies expectations.

If people are expecting equality, people should be allowed to speak against what doesn't feel right to their moral compass....

Yes I can understand it but that doesn't give them the right to ridicule and criticise his parents choices on how they raise their child. It's their decision to make and as long as they aren't breaking any laws they can decide on what they think is the best for their child, even if it goes against everyone else's moral compass it still doesn't make it wrong.

• Advertisement

Not the LGBT community in general, before you jump down my throat. But groups who publicly support sexualisation of children - there are a number of them on Twitter for example, who fully embrace pedophilia and they in turn support further attempts to instil children - such as this 11yr old - in adult situations which normally involve some type of titillation or in risque clothing.
    Well maybe make that clear.

So you think those groups are involved with this?
    I honestly don't see it in this instance myself.

But like i said in this thread constantly, I don't agree with this rubbish, what the hell an 11yo child needs to be doing prancing about on a nightclub stage (gay or straight) at 4am in the morning is beyond me.
    The club and the parents should be taken to task by child services, not celebrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Yes I can understand it but that doesn't give them the right to ridicule and criticise his parents choices on how they raise their child. It's their decision to make and as long as they aren't breaking any laws they can decide on what they think is the best for their child, even if it goes against everyone else's moral compass it still doesn't make it wrong.

Because "as long as they aren't breaking any laws", it's graaaaand.

No, not when it's a child protection issue
    You don't seem to understand that just because something is legal, it doesn't mean it is OK for young children.
    allowing your child to dress in skimpy clothes & put in shows in clubs at 4am, or hang out with murderers & drug addicts, is putting that child at risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

You were wrong yesterday, wrong today and you will be still wrong tomorrow.

On July 11th, Desmond was featured in an uncomfortable live stream that unfolded on Facebook. The host of the stream was an adult drag performer who goes by the name “Bella Noche”. During the course of this video, Bella references the use of Ketamine and Desmond imitates sniffing the drug almost instantly as if he’s seen or done it a thousand times. This is learned behavior, and more proof that this child is in a toxic and abusive environment.

Explain how this child, who was 9 years old at the time of this live stream, knows anything about ketamine?

bubblypop wrote: »
    No, not when it's a child protection issue
    You don't seem to understand that just because something is legal, it doesn't mean it is OK for young children.
    allowing your child to dress in skimpy clothes & put in shows in clubs at 4am, or hang out with murderers & drug addicts, is putting that child at risk.

If this were true then the child protective services in the US would have already taken him into custody.

Why hasn't this happened yet?
    Because it's not a child protection issue and if it were then some action would have already been taken.

Well maybe make that clear.

So you think those groups are involved with this?
    I honestly don't see it in this instance myself.

Make what clear, that I wasn't referring to a group that you may have assumed I was? Really?

Yes, I think those groups are publicising instances of sexualisation in children, such as this 11yr old. They may do so more on the dark web because of the inevitable public backlash, but there has been a definite surge in 2018 of them standing tall and proud on mainstream social media like Twitter.

Their belief is that they should be treated with as much respect as the LGBT community because they are not responsible for their natural desires towards children. I think most people, whether they agree with free speech and free living or not, would see the logic in protecting children from people like this and would understand exactly why we have age of consent laws.

If this were true then the child protective services in the US would have already taken him into custody.

Because it's not a child protection issue and if it were then some action would have already been taken.

By your logic, all children would be protected if that were true. In a perfect world maybe.

In this world however, authorities aren't aware of all child protection issues and even when they are - they aren't all dealt with. Backlogs, human error, PR issues and scared about offending minorities, etc. Many, many reasons. None of which are excusable really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭woddensanta

What group(s)?

The ones making it rain on the 11yo child like he was a cheap stripper is a low rent skin joint,the ones cheering him on twerking at a rally, the ones on video with him with paintings in the background celebrating date rape drugs, basically all the pedo nonce types enabling this sick deviance.

• Advertisement

If child protective services in the US are anything like Tusla in Ireland, I can tell you from personal experience that they're not worth a shite.

Do you have anything to say about Desmond's relationship with Michael Alig? Michael was convicted of first degree manslaughter and spent 17 years in prison. Desmond has spent a lot of time with Michael so much so that he considers him a friend. A 52 year old ex convict, who was most recently arrested for drug possession in 2017, so is also most likely a drug user, a 52 year old drug user hanging around with an 11 year old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement