Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

One is illegal the other is not. His performance was done in accordance with child labour laws in that state and he doesn't undress. The money thrown at him is the norm for a drag performer in that country. His performances are less sinister because they are done for his benefit and he wants to do them. Where as in the second scenario it would be against the law and constitute child abuse and the photos could potentially end up online and create a situation where further child abuse has taken place.

It's your perogative whether you answer this..

What age are you? Most people with any life experience are against this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Davis Orange Cemetery

im amazed he's not banned yet

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Fcuk your technicalities for a minute DontThankMe. Answer this. No whatabouts. No strawmen. No mentioning parents who obviously don't give a crap about the kid...

Do you think it's appropriate for adults to throw dollar bills at a child, at 4am, in a nightclub, in the same fashion that they'd throw them at strippers performing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

He's too right on. Somebody could get offended.

Glazers Out!

Bang of utter noncery off this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Zorya wrote: »
    Nothing to see here. These kids are ''the future''. All's cool.

47B3758000000578-5228857-Amazing_Desmond_Napoles_10_from_Brooklyn_New_York_City_has_found-m-36_1514911647423.jpg

Poor child looks unwell. How anyone can look at this pic and think his parents have his “best interests” at heart is off the charts

DesmondDontthankmeIsAmazing

What makes me think Don't Thank Me is naieve is the fact Brian? and OEJ fcuked off and knew they were on a hiding to nothing but he's on here 3 days running..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Poor child looks unwell. How anyone can look at this pic and think his parents have his “best interests” at heart is off the charts

Come on, Retro. Look at those bedroom eyes.

I better unfollow for a while or I will get really cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 brendane

One is illegal the other is not. His performance was done in accordance with child labour laws in that state and he doesn't undress. The money thrown at him is the norm for a drag performer in that country. His performances are less sinister because they are done for his benefit and he wants to do them. Where as in the second scenario it would be against the law and constitute child abuse and the photos could potentially end up online and create a situation where further child abuse has taken place.

So you would be ok for someone to take and distribute photos of naked children in a country that does not have such laws in place?

• Advertisement

No school time by all accounts. Up til 4am, drugs. It's a really sad sorry story.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

brendane wrote: »
    So you would be ok for someone to take and distribute photos of naked children in a country that does not have such laws in place?

Aye , the same way in some countries that children Desmonds age are married off . Bat s** crazy .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

I read the his bio on his Web page and this bit stood out:

"Although he wants everyone to express themselves as genuinely as possible, he is concerned about the growing trend of young teen and child drag performers to dress or act overly sexy or provocatively, much like their adult counterparts. He feels that it sends the wrong message about all young drag performers and results in added aggression, bullying, and hatred, not only from society, but from within the LGBTQ community itself. Although an often controversial topic, he would personally like to see more young people discovering a drag style that speaks to their personal truth, but is at the same time, more age appropriate."

Is an 11 year old dancing on a stage while adults throw money at them an age appropriate activity?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Davis Orange Cemetery

he looks anorexic or has some eating disorder

It's so crazy that America AM were revelling in this story and calling Desmond 'the future of America'. If this is the way of the future.. America and the West are going down the tubes.

You need some good old fashioned adult heterosexuality for the survival of the human race. It doesn't require much cognitive work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Sonic Youth

he looks anorexic or has some eating disorder

His fans like him skinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

No school time by all accounts. Up til 4am, drugs. It's a really sad sorry story.

The fact that he likes to play with toy trains in his spare time brings home the fact that he is just a kid. Parading around nightclubs at 4 am is no place for him. Really sad.

I read the his bio on his Web page and this bit stood out:

"Although he wants everyone to express themselves as genuinely as possible, he is concerned about the growing trend of young teen and child drag performers to dress or act overly sexy or provocatively, much like their adult counterparts. He feels that it sends the wrong message about all young drag performers and results in added aggression, bullying, and hatred, not only from society, but from within the LGBTQ community itself. Although an often controversial topic, he would personally like to see more young people discovering a drag style that speaks to their personal truth, but is at the same time, more age appropriate."

Yes because 11 year olds have that type of vocabulary in their arsenal. It's all mental carry on bordering on grooming and it's defended to the hilt by certain corners because they've attached the LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ tag to it and by God you can't go against that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Well done on just poking a massive hole through your own argument and further proving mine :confused:

No I didn't
    I simply realised you just don't get it.

As an analogy -
    The majority of people are right handed.
    The world is designed with right handed people in mind.
    The assumption when a child is born is that it will grow up to be right handed.
    Although no hand is at yet apparently dominant in most cases (not all cases, sometimes it's clear from a very very young age) the baby is given toys, age appropriate cutlery, etc based on this assumption.
    No one seeing anything strange about this because they are all right handed. Everything works perfectly fine for them.
    Aged 4 someone gives the child safety scissors to use (under strict supervision) - the child struggles. People wonder about the child's fine motor skills.
    The child is left-handed.
    In a world of right handed people and right handed tools.
    Time was being left-handed was not only frowned up but punished. Left handed people were forced to act right handed.

Right handed people just don't get the issues because they do not live the issues.
    How do you explain it to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Creepy as ****. Can't imagine an 11-year-old girl at a men's club being tolerated so why should that?

• Advertisement

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    No I didn't

As an analogy -
    Although no hand is at yet apparently dominant in most cases (not all cases, sometimes it's clear from a very very young age) the baby is given toys, age appropriate cutlery, etc based on this assumption.

Well that's utter bullsh*t anyway. Next.

Creepy as ****. Can't imagine an 11-year-old girl at a men's club being tolerated so why should that?

This is very very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    The fact that he likes to play with toy trains in his spare time brings home the fact that he is just a kid. Parading around nightclubs at 4 am is no place for him. Really sad.

I thought that sounded staged tbh.

There’s a really sinister vibe to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

No I didn't

As an analogy -
    No one seeing anything strange about this because they are all right handed. Everything works perfectly fine for them.
    Aged 4 someone gives the child safety scissors to use (under strict supervision) - the child struggles. People wonder about the child's fine motor skills.
    Time was being left-handed was not only frowned up but punished. Left handed people were forced to act right handed.

Right handed people just don't get the issues because they do not live the issues.

I got dizzy reading that, I think Flanders in the Simpsons opened a left hand shop...

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Robocop Corcoran

Because its a young boy dancing in a gay club, that's why its tolerated. We must not offend the minorities.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Omackeral wrote: »
    Funny enough O, it's not. Babies and toddlers don't show much in the way of favouring one hand over the other, it's around 3-4(IIRC) where the dominant hand starts to make itself felt. However in the brain from very early on the dominant side is more apparent, it seems the limbs have to play catch up. While developmental and environmental factors play a part handedness seems to be "wired in" very early on. Sexual preference seems to be very similar on that score.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Omackeral wrote: »

You have obviously never been the one teaching a very small child to feed itself. If you had you would know there is training cutlery. It's angled so it's easier for the child to get food into their mouth - and hopefully not up their nose, in their ears, in the eyes...

Easy enough to get if your child is right-handed - not so much for left handed kids.
    Or scissors.

Luckily flaming torches and pitchforks are fine for both use in both hands keep it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Yes I do see a problem with that because it is illegal. In this case his performances were legal and above board. Everyone thinks/believes that it is child exploitation but that doesn't make it the truth it is their opinion not a fact.

I think this appeal to legality has been defeated already but.....

Take a look at this:

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/73/Appeal-to-the-Law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Bannasidhe wrote:
    Right handed people just don't get the issues because they do not live the issues. How do you explain it to them?

I'm left handed and that's a pretty stupid analogy tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

No I didn't

As an analogy -

What’s that got to do with sexuality in prepubescents?

You said that assumptions were made when you were 7? What exactly. Were your parents trying to seriously hook you up with boys?

If the odd grandparent asks a 7 year old if they have a boyfriend, it’s not a real question. It’s a jokey question. Beyond that I’m not sure what was presumed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement