Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

Because its a young boy dancing in a gay club, that's why its tolerated. We must not offend the minorities.

But the actions and words of the minority can offend the majority...

Supposedly majority rules, but sadly not anymore....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Wibbs wrote: »
    Funny enough O, it's not. Babies and toddlers don't show much in the way of favouring one hand over the other, it's around 3-4(IIRC) where the dominant hand starts to make itself felt. However in the brain from very early on the dominant side is more apparent, it seems the limbs have to play catch up. While developmental and environmental factors play a part handedness seems to be "wired in" very early on. Sexual preference seems to be very similar on that score.

I was referring more to the fact we give toys to our toddlers based on the assumption they are cute,fun, comforting rather than the fact we're grooming them to be righties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    No I didn't
    I simply realised you just don't get it.

As an analogy -
    The majority of people are right handed.
    The world is designed with right handed people in mind.
    The assumption when a child is born is that it will grow up to be right handed.
    Although no hand is at yet apparently dominant in most cases (not all cases, sometimes it's clear from a very very young age) the baby is given toys, age appropriate cutlery, etc based on this assumption.
    No one seeing anything strange about this because they are all right handed. Everything works perfectly fine for them.
    Aged 4 someone gives the child safety scissors to use (under strict supervision) - the child struggles. People wonder about the child's fine motor skills.
    The child is left-handed.
    In a world of right handed people and right handed tools.
    Time was being left-handed was not only frowned up but punished. Left handed people were forced to act right handed.

Right handed people just don't get the issues because they do not live the issues.
    How do you explain it to them?

WORST

ANALOGY

EVAAAAAAAAA ! :D

At least you have offered some humour to a very disturbing thread!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

While your 7 year old brains were trying the figure out which hand to use :) this 7 year old was dancing on a bar in a cocktail dress

From 1.10

https://youtu.be/zeaVCB9qlto

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

While your 7 year old brains were trying the figure out which hand to use :) this 7 year old was dancing on a bar in a cocktail dress

From 1.10

Won't be clicking that

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Won't be clicking that

RuPauls drag race TV show

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

What makes me think Don't Thank Me is naieve is the fact Brian? and OEJ fcuked off and knew they were on a hiding to nothing but he's on here 3 days running..

Surprised at Jack tbh. Must be his shortest multi-quote-marathon to date

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

No I didn't

As an analogy -
    Although no hand is at yet apparently dominant in most cases (not all cases, sometimes it's clear from a very very young age) the baby is given toys, age appropriate cutlery, etc based on this assumption.
    No one seeing anything strange about this because they are all right handed. Everything works perfectly fine for them.
    Aged 4 someone gives the child safety scissors to use (under strict supervision) - the child struggles. People wonder about the child's fine motor skills.
    Time was being left-handed was not only frowned up but punished. Left handed people were forced to act right handed.

Right handed people just don't get the issues because they do not live the issues.

I haven’t a fiddlers love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

While your 7 year old brains were trying the figure out which hand to use this 7 year old was dancing on a bar in a cocktail dress

So you went looking for videos of 7 year olds? You think maybe there is something wrong when you search for kids&videos on the internet.
    This thread is getting seriously freaky and distrubing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

No I didn't

As an analogy -

But retro's entire point is we shouldn't assume everyone is right handed/straight. We should allow whatever emerges naturally and facilitate that appropriately as it emerges. Giving them the necessary left handed tools when the need for such becomes apparent. You're both saying the same thing??? Unless you're saying that we should somehow try to decipher if the child is gay and give it "gay appropriate" toys?? Because that's the only difference I can see between your analogy and what retro has been saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭circadian

I can't believe people are defending this. I support kids expressing themselves (my son went to crèche dressed as Wolverine a few weeks back).

I mean an 11 year old cross dressing, fine in the privacy of their own lives if that's what they're happy with but to profit off it and to have him perform at adult clubs in what is clearly a very sexualised manner isn't on. It smacks of someone predatory hiding under a minority banner and I'll be honest, the best thing for the community is to condemn this behaviour as it only adds fuel to the fire for those that don't need a whole lot to get worked up about in the first place.

So you went looking for videos of 7 year olds? You think maybe there is something wrong when you search for kids&videos on the internet.

No I said earlier I read his biography on his Web page, which states the name of the song & performance, which I then googled.

Go accuse someone else

Go accuse someone else

You posted a link and described what the content was. I don't need to accuse you of anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Omackeral wrote: »
    Won't be clicking that

But its fabulous ...
    (Safe enough)

The kid looks seriously heroin chic in that though. Emaciated

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

Surprised at Jack tbh. Must be his shortest multi-quote-marathon to date

I'm not familiar with most posters, on here 4 mts.

P.s. But I have a few names of posters that I might put on the ignore list now!!

You posted a link and described what the content was. I don't need to accuse you of anything.

zzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

From 1.10

hansenlol.jpg?1322001926

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

From the desmondisamazing site:
    "His first big break came in 2014 when he was featured alongside the B-52’s lead singer, Fred Schneider, in RuPaul’s Drag Race season 5 winner Jinkx Monsoon’s music video for the song, “The Bacon Shake”. This was Desmond’s first time playing a character in “drag” and he loved it. It ignited a passion within him for entertaining others, as well as an understanding of how important it is for people of all ages to express themselves the way they want to."

Uh huh. That's some telling language used right there. 2014 - so he was seven. Not "He loved", not "He had a great time"; but, "His first big break". Yep, it's all about the welfare of the child all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The next person to entertain DontThankMe is a rotten egg.

Ready

Steady

Go....................

Trying to shut down any discussion will not stop child abuse.

In that time, a petition could have been set up to get this club shut down or something more practical.

Interesting use of time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

The next person to entertain DontThankMe is a rotten egg.

Ready

Steady

Go....................

Good point! Edited (as only quoted to get the link in his post, which disappeared anyway, as it seems quoting isn't a workaround for new posters).

In that time, a petition could have been set up to get this club shut down or something more practical.

Says the person posting links to video of a 7 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

They were only showing an example of Desmond's other engagements.

It relates to the subject matter of the OP.

I don't know why they could be accused of anything sinister.

Zorya wrote:
    They were only showing an example of Desmond's other engagements.

Why do you think more examples are needed?

Says the person posting links to video of a 7 year old.

Have you set it up yet? How about one to get RuPauls drag show banned too, American prime time TV ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Perhaps because some people seem unconvinced. I dunno? Why do any people bring more information to any thread. Shrugs. I didn't see it as weird. There are enough weirdoes here to be going on with.

Have you set it up yet? How about one to get RuPauls drag show banned too?

RuPaul is an adult, this thread is about the exploitation and abuse of a 11 year old boy. You do see the difference I trust?

Zorya wrote:
    Perhaps because some people seem unconvinced. I dunno? Why do any people bring more information to any thread. Shrugs. I didn't see it as weird. There are enough weirdoes here to be going on with.

Well that's were we differ, I do find it weird searching for videos online of kids. Agree with your last part, a few more have popped up in the last few pages .

The point I was making, which you spectacularly missed, was at 7 years old most children are still developing--there was discussion about children and dominant hands. This child's parents had him up on a bar in drag. If you read my posts previous to that you will see I do not agree with their actions.

Your response of frothing at the mouth and trying to insinuate I am interested in 7 year olds in sick and uncalled for.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭woddensanta

Have you set it up yet? How about one to get RuPauls drag show banned too, American prime time TV ?

If the show has 7yo kids in drag for the titillation of degenerates then yes it should be banned! Just leave kids out of it and I'll fight for their right to have programmes like that but why the need for kids?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement