Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

seamus wrote: »

What this kids parents are doing is something else entirely, you won't find anyone outside a small niche of paedophiles supporting it.

Except Good Morning America (the most watched morning show in the USA) on ABC channel on November 3 2018 when they fell over themselves in unrestrained delight about Desmond.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Good Morning America has also glorified child beauty pageants in the past. They have form for enabling paedophilia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Good Morning America has also glorified child beauty pageants in the past. They have form for enabling paedophilia.

That in itself is extraordinary. Form for enabling paedophilia.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Doesn't make it child abuse as I have previously stated once their interactions are supervised then nothing bad can happen therefore, no child abuse can happen.

Depends on if the person supervising is a responsible adult.

Fcuked if I think Desmond's parents are responsible adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,754 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Except that, you see, he's in the US.

Where they have massive shows parading 4/5/6/7/8 year olds in skimpy swimwear and other heavily sexualised contexts.

So I'm not really surprised in a country where they hold child beauty pageants for paedophiles to drool over, they also see no major problem with an 11 year old's burlesque act.

The "drag" isn't the issue here. Like you say, it's the settings, the context.

Drag acts aren't necessarily "racy" or even suggestive. Eddie Izzard's drag was always pantomime. Julian Clary's was flamboyant - though the actual comedy was always racy, the clothing never was.

While I too have my reservations about child beauty pageants seamus, they aren’t held with the intent of having paedophiles drool over children. Paedophiles will do that anyway regardless of context, whether it’s a parent walking through a shopping centre with their children, to the children playing in the public playground, and the weird thing is - the more children look like adults, the less a paedophile is likely to be interested in them - precisely because they don’t look like children.

As for drag itself, yeah, you have a point, but comedy and satire were never the only point of drag either. This new interest in drag has become mainstream because of shows which have become mainstream like RuPaul’s drag race - where nothing is too extravagant or too flamboyant or exaggerated. To be perfectly honest you’d have to really be trying, to see anything sexual about the way they’re dressed. Most of them wear dresses and wigs and makeup that’s a complete departure from who they actually are underneath. It’s still just as much pantomime and pretend. It’s literally dress up for adults, and that’s what’s inspiring children to dress up in the same sort of context. Eddie Izzard, Julian Clary and Ru Paul were often considered over-sexualised, OTT and inappropriate in their hey day too. Remember Kenny Everett’s Cupid Stunt? :D

What this kids parents are doing is something else entirely, you won't find anyone outside a small niche of paedophiles supporting it.

Well that’s obviously not true, because the only reason it’s being discussed here is because it’s being entertained, applauded and encouraged by mainstream media in the US (not forgetting Conchita Wursts performance in the Eurovision on this side of the pond!), and while the thread title was a blatant exaggeration, Pride every year has become more and more of a family event and less of a political statement. I’m reminded of Lisa Simpson’s reaction to the Pride mantra “We’re here, we’re queer, get used to it!”. She responded with a rather glib “We already are” :pac:

It’s like you said yourself earlier in the thread about raising children now. I’m paraphrasing so correct me if I missed your point but it was something along the lines of parents preparing their children for the world as it is now, as opposed to preparing children for what will be of their futures. Que sera sera, non?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

While I too have my reservations about child beauty pageants seamus, they aren’t held with the intent of having paedophiles drool over children.
    No, the parent who get involved have something else wrong with them, but they're not trying to pimp their kids out. However the pageants do attract paedophiles and normalise the sexualisation of children. The amount of child sexual abuse that takes place is enormous, but most the parents won't talk about it because they're afraid of being blacklisted by organisers. The state needs to step in and ban them.
    Well that’s obviously not true, because the only reason it’s being discussed here is because it’s being entertained, applauded and encouraged by mainstream media in the US (not forgetting Conchita Wursts performance in the Eurovision on this side of the pond!), and while the thread title was a blatant exaggeration, Pride every year has become more and more of a family event and less of a political statement. I’m reminded of Lisa Simpson’s reaction to the Pride mantra “We’re here, we’re queer, get used to it!”. She responded with a rather glib “We already are” :pac:

It’s like you said yourself earlier in the thread about raising children now. I’m paraphrasing so correct me if I missed your point but it was something along the lines of parents preparing their children for the world as it is now, as opposed to preparing children for what will be of their futures. Que sera sera, non?
    I'm not entirely sure what your point is here.

Are you trying to say that an 11-year-old performing a burlesque act for adults is just a natural consequence of normalising homosexuality? Or even of normalising drag?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,754 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

No, the parent who get involved have something else wrong with them, but they're not trying to pimp their kids out. However the pageants do attract paedophiles and normalise the sexualisation of children. The amount of child sexual abuse that takes place is enormous, but most the parents won't talk about it because they're afraid of being blacklisted by organisers. The state needs to step in and ban them.

I shouldn’t have to point out the obvious, as it is a rather obvious point to make, but anywhere there are children, there are paedophiles who will look for any opportunity to take advantage of them, whether it be child beauty pageants, scouts, sports and of course the most obvious place - Church! What do you suggest, that we ban them all? We would also have to ban the Internet at that rate because it gives paedophiles easy and unfettered access to children.

I'm not entirely sure what your point is here.

Are you trying to say that an 11-year-old performing a burlesque act for adults is just a natural consequence of normalising homosexuality? Or even of normalising drag?

No seamus, my point was that the original intent of Pride was a rallying against mainstream society and culture, whereas now the elements that made up Pride, have become mainstream society and culture. It was originally intended as a two fingers to mainstream society so to speak, but now it’s become an event for the whole family, it’s become mainstream, it’s become so mainstream that corporations who once shyed away from it are now embracing it wholeheartedly. It’s no longer the case that Pride is a fringe movement rebelling against social and cultural norms. Now you’re rebelling against social and cultural norms if you’re in any way at all conservative! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

While your 7 year old brains were trying the figure out which hand to use :) this 7 year old was dancing on a bar in a cocktail dress

From 1.10

https://youtu.be/zeaVCB9qlto

Fcuk, that kid doesn't look healthy. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

The last time I went partying in NYC I was asked for ID. I wasn’t permitted on the premises underage.

NYC law allows for a minor to on the premises as long as they are accompanied by an adult.

"it is not illegal in NYC for a minor to be in an establishment that serves alcohol as long as they are accompanied by an adult."

I’m not sure I can handle any more of your posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

splashuum wrote: »
    I’m not sure I can handle any more of your posts.

Facts don't care about your feelings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Could you imagine if there was a teacher and she asked what did ye do at the weekend?
    One kid said they went to the cinema and the other said there parents allowed them to go to a night club and dance infront of men who were drunk and on drugs in the early hours of the morning and they men threw money at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

Facts don't care about your feelings.

You're actually getting a bit scary :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ah you're back DontThankMe. You missed or dodged this question I had for ya. Wanna give it a go now?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Fcuk your technicalities for a minute DontThankMe. Answer this. No whatabouts. No strawmen. No mentioning parents who obviously don't give a crap about the kid...

Do you think it's appropriate for adults to throw dollar bills at a scantily clad child, at 4am, in a nightclub, in the same fashion that they'd throw them at strippers performing.

Ah you're back DontThankMe. You missed or dodged this question I had for ya. Wanna give it a go now?

No I don't think it's appropriate for that to happen but I don't believe that this is what happened in this case. Since the child was not performing as a stripper he was performing as a drag queen and in case you didn't know a stripper and a drag queen are not the same thing.

No I don't think it's appropriate for that to happen but I don't believe that this is what happened in this case. Since the child was not performing as a stripper he was performing as a drag queen and in case you didn't know a stripper and a drag queen are not the same thing.

Right let's try again and see if we can knock the nonce excuses on the head once and for all. Would you deem it acceptable for a group of potentially drug addled nightclub goers to throw dollar bills at your scantily dressed 11 year old nephew or niece at 4 am in a city bar?

Yes or no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Can we just dial back a second to actually note he was taking clothes off on stage

Right let's try again and see if we can knock the nonce excuses on the head once and for all. Would you deem it acceptable for a group of potentially drug addled nightclub goers to throw dollar bills at your scantily dressed 11 year old nephew or niece at 4 am in a city bar?

Yes or no.

No but if he was performing as a drag queen I see no problem with it different answers for different contexts.

No but if he was performing as a drag queen I see no problem with it different answers for different contexts.

Let's disect this very slowly, it seems you've tripped yourself up.

I asked

Would you deem it acceptable for a group of potentially drug addled nightclub goers to throw dollar bills at your scantily dressed 11 year old nephew or niece at 4 am in a city bar?

Yes or no.

You answered no. Starigh up no. Then went on to say but if it's as a drag queen blah blah blah... The facts remain the same in the above example. Here they are again, in point form;

-Group of potentially drug addled nightclub goers.
    -Throwing dollar bills.
    -Scantily dressed 11 year old child.
    -4 am in a city nightclub.

You already said the above isn't acceptable! You answered no. Your credibility is shot, not that you had much to begin with. So it's at this point I disengage with you because I believe you're either a) dishonest or b) a troll or c) a total out and out creep and I want no part of any of that unholy trinity.

You already said the above isn't acceptable! You answered no. Your credibility is shot, not that you had much to begin with. So it's at this point I disengage with you because I believe you're either a) dishonest or b) a troll or c) a total out and out creep and I want no part of any of that unholy trinity.

I think option C would be the most accurate representation of me nothing wrong with being a creep as long as you don't engage in any illegal behaviour or condone any illegal activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

I think option C would be the most accurate representation of me nothing wrong with being a creep as long as you don't engage in any illegal behaviour or condone any illegal activity.

This just gets weirder and weirder..

Basically i'd do creepy and perverted stuff only for the law..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Holy mother of Jaysus.

Adults perving over kids is wrong, straight as an arrow or bent as a fúcking boomerang makes absolutely zero difference. Sexualising children is disgusting, there are no exceptions!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

This stuff is plain WRONG.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I said it yesterday and it’s worse today.

There’s a very sinister and creepy vibe to this thread.

We are well into paedo territory now..

Really?
    What about the creepy old guy who allows kids to hang out in his house all the time? Maybe have a few drinks, watch dvds, shift each other?
    He's not going anything illegal, but I would suggest there is something wrong with his behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,892 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

nothing wrong with being a creep.

Something only a creep would say. The rest of us would disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

Don't have a child so they won't have to be collected from school and if I did I'd encourage them to cycle/walk and they wouldn't need a spin either way.

You have no clue what your talking about!
    At best your a pedo sympathiser and at worst...well..........id rather not go to that sick place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I'm not buying that. Only a loser keyboard warrior would say something like that. No chance a nonce would use a public forum in this manner.

Best to ignore folks, I'd say a sick sense of humour at worst,.looking for attention since birth.

Still, if i was running this site I'd have his details in Harcourt St for a knock on the door

Rennaws wrote: »
    I said it yesterday and it’s worse today.

There’s a very sinister and creepy vibe to this thread.

We are well into paedo territory now..

Absolute noncery. Creepy fcuking animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Are you for real?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,776 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Are you for real?
    I dont think so/really hope not.....I really think there is serious trolling going on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement