Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

It's insane to be normal. FFS. Without an attachment to normality makes you not normal and therefore abnormal

Yet if I call your ideals abnormal I'm a bigot yet that's what you want .

Make your mind up

The problem is that your definition of “normal” is arbitrary and lives solely in your own head.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote:
    You’re a disgrace. An absolute disgrace posting insults like this.

There is a pot calling someone black there.

You can't bandy accusations

Brian? wrote:
    The problem is that your definition of “normal†is arbitrary and lives solely in your own head.

Oh ok. So normality is my own creation. Up means up. Down means down. Boys are boys. Girls are girls.

What the hell is your normality?

Is it ok?

Brian? wrote:
    I’ve 2 perfectly well adjusted young boys.

Did you assume their gender?

There is a pot calling someone black there.

You can't bandy accusations

You’re ok with someone saying my children should be taken into care?

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Did you assume their gender?

No. They told me.

they/them/theirs

Brian? wrote:
    You’re ok with someone saying my children should be taken into care?

Are you ok with calling me a transphobe?

Oh ok. So normality is my own creation. Up means up. Down means down. Boys are boys. Girls are girls.

What the hell is your normality?

Is it ok?

Up means up etc., are objective facts. Saying a boy shouldn’t wear a dress is subjective. I think you really struggle with objective v subjective.

they/them/theirs

Brian? wrote:
    No. They told me.

Sound. My daughter said she didn't want to go to school in a couple of weeks. Who am I to judge?

Brian? wrote:
    Up means up etc., are objective facts. Saying a boy shouldn’t wear a dress is subjective. I think you really struggle with objective v subjective.

I think you struggle with normal Vs abnormal

• Advertisement

Are you ok with calling me a transphobe?

Yes. You’re statement that normalising transgenderism is abhorrent is objectively transphobic. Can you explain why you think it isn’t? Without using the word normal.

they/them/theirs

I think you struggle with normal Vs abnormal

There you go again. Both are subjective constructs.

they/them/theirs

Sound. My daughter said she didn't want to go to school in a couple of weeks. Who am I to judge?

A solid equivalency there. Well done.

they/them/theirs

i think its getting out of hand here. i dont think brian has said anything too controversial and i def see where other posters are coming from

its the part where ye think that allows ye to say anything about what the other poster is or isnt based on that that makes things messy

fwiw id like to note the inconsistency in chiding posters not to focus so much on what 'normal' is while discussing how we get kids to understand that drag is 'normal'

its like earlier on in the thread when a poster was saying 'its just clothes' at the same time as saying 'the clothes are a central and important part of their identity'

have it one way or have it the other but it'd be better not to beg attention for something and then get ansy when the result of that attention is not what you wanted. dats life folx.

i think its getting out of hand here. i dont think brian has said anything too controversial and i def see where other posters are coming from

its the part where ye think that allows ye to say anything about what the other poster is or isnt based on that that makes things messy

fwiw id like to note the inconsistency in chiding posters not to focus so much on what 'normal' is while discussing how we get kids to understand that drag is 'normal'

its like earlier on in the thread when a poster was saying 'its just clothes' at the same time as saying 'the clothes are a central and important part of their identity'

have it one way or have it the other but it'd be better not to beg attention for something and then get ansy when the result of that attention is not what you wanted. dats life folx.

That’s all fair.

they/them/theirs

Brian? wrote: »
    That’s all fair.

but i do come down mostly on your what i think is your main point (even if it prob doesnt seem like it because of the points that i mostly engage in in these threads) of the position that normal need not and prob should not be the gauge, and that teaching kids that things are 'fine/ok' rather than normal is healthy, and a better place from which to start a conversation

Brian? wrote:
    Yes. You’re statement that normalising transgenderism is abhorrent is objectively transphobic. Can you explain why you think it isn’t? Without using the word normal.

Because accepting a child's perspective on an important issue such as gender identity would be akin to asking if their dietary requirements were sugar or vegetable based.

Would you trust a child's opinion on a vital decision?

Transgenderism is not normal. It's not wrong, but it's not normal. To normalise it is wrong. That is not transphobic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

its very simple, would letting your son go to to school in a dress raise or lower his social standing in school? there is only one answer and its not raise. so ill go with it would inadvisable there Ted

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Brian? wrote:

You are asking me to describe why normalising something is wrong without using the word normal....

Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Define normality

• Advertisement

You are asking me to describe why normalising something is wrong without using the word normal....

Ffs

You seem to have lost your sense of humour.

they/them/theirs

silverharp wrote: »
    its very simple, would letting your son go to to school in a dress raise or lower his social standing in school? there is only one answer and its not raise. so ill go with it would inadvisable there Ted

Ah here. Social standing should dictate now? That's pure nonsense.

they/them/theirs

Brian? wrote:
    You seem to have lost your sense of humour.
    Forgive me if I can't decipher jokes from attacks. To be fair, in this day and age they are indistinguishable

Ah here. Social standing should dictate now? That's pure nonsense.

are you being edgy for the sake of it? so you wouldnt care if you kids were treated like a joke bullied etc. couldnt get a date as teenagers becuase they wanted to behave in a peculiar manner for no good reason
    the whole point of parenting is to raise well adjusted kids who can compete and thrive in the world. some behaviours will help other will hinder

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote:
    are you being edgy for the sake of it? so you wouldnt care if you kids were treated like a joke bullied etc. couldnt get a date as teenagers becuase they wanted to behave in a peculiar manner for no good reason the whole point of parenting is to raise well adjusted kids who can compete and thrive in the world. some behaviours will help other will hinder

Can I please predict the response?

"Don't blame the victim, blame the bully"

silverharp wrote: »
    are you being edgy for the sake of it? so you wouldnt care if you kids were treated like a joke bullied etc. couldnt get a date as teenagers becuase they wanted to behave in a peculiar manner for no good reason
    the whole point of parenting is to raise well adjusted kids who can compete and thrive in the world. some behaviours will help other will hinder

When kids are bullied, I tend to blame the bully.

they/them/theirs

Can I please predict the response?

"Don't blame the victim, blame the bully"

100%. Why would I say anything else.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Lads, if ye cannot remain civil towards one another, there will be thread bans.

Take this as a queue to take a breath and treat each other with respect. Because if you don't you will not be allowed to continue posting.

That goes for Brian, Roger and TheDunne (and anyone else who comes in swinging)

Thanks

Pter wrote:
    Take this as a queue to take a breath and treat each other with respect. Because if you don't you will not be allowed to continue posting.

Thanks Pter. I assume that by treating someone with respect you mean that calling someone a ****phobe is not allowed.

Wondering why I got a warning though....

• Advertisement

When kids are bullied, I tend to blame the bully.

say not bullied just excluded ,or nobody want to date them as teenagers because of weird behaviour?

say we were talking about adults and someone decides to come into work dressed as a furry or in pajamas so they can sleep a bit more. is it not the responsibility of these individuals to tow the line

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement