Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

A year or two after puberty.

Thanks for the straight answer. That’s a reasonable position to take.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 33,386 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Because neither of them are reality.

So you want to take all the fantasy out of childhood and force your personal view of reality on everyone?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Nobody ever said that it was.

Post I replied to did.

klaaaz wrote:
    There you go equating a boy wearing a dress to a costume, belittling the child. There should be no bullying at all for a boy on what he chooses to wear just like no-one bats an eyelid at what a girl chooses to wear.

Ok. You're right.

Boys can wear dresses. It's totally fine and normal.

Now pardon me as I slip into my Laura Ashley and kitten heels to get ready for my Easter mass/synagogue/mosque (or whatever other religion/non religion so as not to offend).

Jesus.

What a world we live in now when saying that it's unusual for boys to wear dresses is somehow controversial.

Brian? wrote:
    You’re on a roll with the false equivalency. Supporting her any way you could means accepting her, that’s not lying to her that’s showing compassion.

Not true. Not a false equivalency. Lying and capitulation is not supportive.

• Advertisement

So you want to take all the fantasy out of childhood and force your personal view of reality on everyone?

That is not what I said.

That is not what I said.

So reality has nothing to do with it then. That's that one sorted out so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

klaaaz wrote: »
    How is a child aged five making a life defining decision by wearing a particular item of clothing? It never affected Zorya's kids for example so you'll have to explain that one.

I never said that a five year old girl wearing boys clothes was a life-defining decision. I said nothing of the sort. A 5 year old girl, wanting to be a boy, and being allowed to live their life as a boy is a different matter.

What I said was the her parents didn't give in to all her wishes at the time. They refused to raise her as a boy but let her dress as one when she wanted but all along they insisted that she was a girl. There was the odd family occasion where she had to wear a dress and there were usually rows but that's family life.

I believe her parents made the correct decision because she has now grown out of wanting to be a boy. It seems like it was a phase she was going through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Brian? wrote: »
    False equivalency. Gender dysphoria is a very real issue. Mythical creature dysphoria isn’t.

Are you telling me if your daughter was transgender you would never accept it? Or what are you actually saying?

What about body dysmorphia, which is a real thing? At what age would you send your child to have a limb lopped off?
    You wouldn't, yet there are parents who are allowing their children to be given hormone blockers which have unknown outcomes. Medical experiments on kids all in the name of this woke nonsense. People have opened their minds so much that their brains have fallen out.

I seem to have gone down a rabbit hole here.

For clarification sake:

The whole Desmond stuff is appalling. Nothing is right about it.

Glitter Hole have no place (in my opinion) reading to children.

Letting a child decide they are the opposite sex and enabling it is damaging.

Boys wearing a dress is highly unusual. Not damaging but certainly not normal.

• Advertisement

I’m beginning to wonder do people realise young children don’t have the mental capacity to make these life changing decisions?
    BattleCorp wrote: »
    I never said that a five year old girl wearing boys clothes was a life-defining decision. I said nothing of the sort. A 5 year old girl, wanting to be a boy, and being allowed to live their life as a boy is a different matter.

Neither is a life-changing decision and you were exaggerting. Both can be easily stopped when if they grow out of it.

When I was five I wanted to be a fireman. Grew out of it easily enough. Hardly changed my life.

Dave0301 wrote: »
    The crux of this whole thing is where to draw that line.

If you extrapolate gender identity to other issues a similar logic should be applied.

A 9 year old wants to engage in sexual activity? That is a no, and for very good reasons.

A 9 year old wants to get a permanent tattoo? That's a no.

A 9 year old feels that they are the wrong gender and wants to transition? Surgery? Hormones? That's a no.

Supportive parenting and discussions, as well as including CAMHS? That would be a good idea.

Blindingly accepting the child's wishes on the issue or other issues that can negatively impact on their wellbeing? Bad idea.

I’ve repeatedly said: no hormones, no surgery and seek professional help. So we agree.

they/them/theirs

Not true. Not a false equivalency. Lying and capitulation is not supportive.

Accepting is supportive. Denial isn’t.

they/them/theirs

Dante7 wrote: »
    What about body dysmorphia, which is a real thing? At what age would you send your child to have a limb lopped off?
    You wouldn't, yet there are parents who are allowing their children to be given hormone blockers which have unknown outcomes. Medical experiments on kids all in the name of this woke nonsense. People have opened their minds so much that their brains have fallen out.

I have said many times: no hormones, no surgery and allow them to make the choice when they’re 18.

they/them/theirs

I seem to have gone down a rabbit hole here.

For clarification sake:

The whole Desmond stuff is appalling. Nothing is right about it.

Glitter Hole have no place (in my opinion) reading to children.

Letting a child decide they are the opposite sex and enabling it is damaging.

Boys wearing a dress is highly unusual. Not damaging but certainly not normal.

The problem is you failed to differentiate between five-year-olds experiementing with gender and probably going through a phase and teenagers wanting to go through full realignment therapy and hormone replacement treatment.

If a five year-old kid is still wanting to be the oppsoite gender ten years later, chances are it's not just a phase. It's THEIR reality.

Neither is a life-changing decision and you were exaggerting. Both can be easily stopped when if they grow out of it.

When I was five I wanted to be a fireman. Grew out of it easily enough. Hardly changed my life.

Ah, it is a big decision. Even without going down the medical intervention route such as hormone blockers etc., it's still a big deal.

It's not just letting them wear whatever kind of clothes they want to wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Ok. You're right.

Boys can wear dresses. It's totally fine and normal.

Now pardon me as I slip into my Laura Ashley and kitten heels to get ready for my Easter mass/synagogue/mosque (or whatever other religion/non religion so as not to offend).

Jesus.

What a world we live in now when saying that it's unusual for boys to wear dresses is somehow controversial.

And there you go again equating what an adult would wear with what a child would wear, it's dishonest.

Boys usually can't wear dresses\skirts because they get bullied, some boys would wear them but it is discouraged as breaking the "gender norms" by the the gender fashion police. However girls can wear clothes set aside for boys and the same fashion objectors who post here never say a word of objection.

Ah, it is a big decision. Even without going down the medical intervention route such as hormone blockers etc., it's still a big deal.

It's not just letting them wear whatever kind of clothes they want to wear.

At five? Or as a teenager?

At five? Or as a teenager?

It's a big deal at any age, whether adult or child..

If an 18 year old or 19 year old wants to change gender, then go ahead. I've no problem with that. They are legally adults so work away.

I would be more hesitant with a 13 year old. That's still very young to be making life changing decisions.

It's a big deal at any age, whether adult or child..

If an 18 year old or 19 year old wants to change gender, then go ahead. I've no problem with that. They are legally adults so work away.

I would be more hesitant with a 13 year old. That's still very young to be making life changing decisions.

Again, you seem to make gotten mixed up between wearing a dress and transgenderism, They're very different things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

How short is the dress?
    My daughter wouldn’t even be allowed wear some ladies clothing let alone my son.

Again, you seem to make gotten mixed up between wearing a dress and transgenderism, They're very different things.

I don't think I have. I've already said the wearing of clothes etc. is very different from living your life as a different gender to the one to which you were born.

So for clarity, I've no problem with kids wearing clothes of the opposite gender. That isn't a major deal.

Getting hormone blockers, etc. when you are legally a child isn't a great idea in my book.

Brian? wrote:
    Accepting is supportive. Denial isn’t.

Accepting a lie isn't supportive. It's damaging.
    If a five year-old kid is still wanting to be the oppsoite gender ten years later, chances are it's not just a phase. It's THEIR reality.

An anorexic is too fat in THEIR reality. Should we support their life choices?

The problem is you failed to differentiate between five-year-olds experiementing with gender and probably going through a phase and teenagers wanting to go through full realignment therapy and hormone replacement treatment.

I think you will find that I did differentiate. I think I summed up my feelings quite clearly.

Please don't misrepresent me.

I don't think I have. I've already said the wearing of clothes etc. is very different from living your life as a different gender to the one to which you were born.

So for clarity, I've no problem with kids wearing clothes of the opposite gender. That isn't a major deal.

Getting hormone blockers, etc. when you are legally a child isn't a great idea in my book.

Fair enough, but several people have stated that we're not suggesting five year olds undergoing gender realignment therapy or hormones.

Accepting a lie isn't supportive. It's damaging.

What lie?
    An anorexic is too fat in THEIR reality. Should we support their life choices?

Hang on - are you equating a medical metnal disorder with transgerism?

What lie?

That a boy is a boy and a girl is a girl despite their opinion.
    Hang on - are you equating a medical metnal disorder with transgerism?

I'm saying that someone's personal reality shouldn't be accepted (or encouraged) if it isn't actual reality.

Is that wrong? Should there be alternate realities to accommodate everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If I saw a Maori in full traditional dress I most certainly would blink an eye. It would be quite unusual.

Kilts, not so much. If it wasn't for a wedding and they were just wearing it to the pub on a random Wednesday I may find it strange. Same as if I saw a girl wearing a wedding dress in McDonald's. Or someone who identifies as a clown dressing as one at a funeral.

I would find it bizarre. Sure they can choose to wear what they want, but I will find it bizarre and inappropriate

Why woukd wearing a kilt on a wednesday or a wedding dress to McDonald's be "inappropriate "?

the_dunne, transgenderism is a real thing. Their reality is what is matters and your last couple of posts don't seem to be accepting of that.

The discussion is about at what age a person's opinion regarding who they are is valid, and acted upon.

Imo,
    Adults? Fine.
    Teenagers? Depends on puberty, maturity and their reasons. I'd almost always say no hormones, though.
    Kids? No hormones ever. Dressing differently is fine if they want.

Why woukd wearing a kilt on a wednesday or a wedding dress to McDonald's be "inappropriate "?

Inappropriate may have been the wrong word. Unusual and bizarre probably more fitting. I'll happily retract inappropriate. I misspoke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Brian? wrote: »
    False equivalency. Gender dysphoria is a very real issue. Mythical creature dysphoria isn’t.

Are you telling me if your daughter was transgender you would never accept it? Or what are you actually saying?

Spoken like a true otherkinphobe,
    we could well be discussing species dysphoria similar to gender dysphoria.
    pull the ladder up behind you there Brian

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement