Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Options

Comments

the_dunne, transgenderism is a real thing. Their reality is what is matters and your last couple of posts don't seem to be accepting of that.

I'm not saying that transgenderism isn't real. It is. But the reality is that you are the sex you are born. If an adult wants to live a life as the opposite sex then fine, I accept that. I will even use their preferred pronouns. But I will not agree that they are the opposite sex through surgery or preference. That isn't being intolerant.
    The discussion is about at what age a person's opinion regarding who they are is valid, and acted upon.

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,386 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That a boy is a boy and a girl is a girl despite their opinion.

But that's just YOUR opinion not theirs and you don't have a right to force it on someone.
    I'm saying that someone's personal reality shouldn't be accepted (or encouraged) if it isn't actual reality.

Is that wrong? Should there be alternate realities to accommodate everyone?

Yes, it is wrong. If a person wants to make a choice to improve their health, that is their reality. Just because it's not yours doesn;t mean it;s unhealthy or alternative.

You don't seem to be able to tell the difference between a healthy change and unhealthy one.

What YOU find real and what YOUR opinion is isn't the same for everyone else. This should be kind of obvious.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Inappropriate may have been the wrong word. Unusual and bizarre probably more fitting. I'll happily retract inappropriate. I misspoke.

See i wouldnt bat an eyelid, I'd look but then just think meh. Same if i seen a man dressed as a woman whice is actually quite a common sight in most large cities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

klaaaz wrote: »
    You brought in items of a sexual nature into the discussion on kids our American friend, leave them out.

If it's not crossdressing for a girl to wear trousers, then why object to a boy who wants to wear a skirt?

But they're clothes the kids want to wear.
    Why not let them? Brian would.

Or is it theres a line of "appropriateness" or what would be considered "not normal" for a kid to wear?

But that's just YOUR opinion not theirs and you don't have a right to force it on someone.

No. It's fact.

Jesus.

What other aspect of life would you be willing to make such a great leap of reality?

A man is undeniably a man. A woman is undeniably a woman.

I am not forcing my opinion on anyone.

• Advertisement

See i wouldnt bat an eyelid, I'd look but then just think meh. Same if i seen a man dressed as a woman whice is actually quite a common sight in most large cities.

It's not.

What YOU find real and what YOUR opinion is isn't the same for everyone else. This should be kind of obvious.

I'm such a bigot.

Can't believe that on this thread I'm called a reality denier because in MY reality a boy is a boy and a girl is a girl. How dare I assume your reality. Because reality is subjective now.

I've also been called homophobic because I used a groups preferred description as I was not aware that as a non-gay, I am precluded from using certain words.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

The problem is you failed to differentiate between five-year-olds experiementing with gender and probably going through a phase and teenagers wanting to go through full realignment therapy and hormone replacement treatment.

If a five year-old kid is still wanting to be the oppsoite gender ten years later, chances are it's not just a phase. It's THEIR reality.

so by extension the recent spate of alleged trans-gendered 5 and 7 year olds says more about the parents than the kids

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Dave0301 wrote: »
    The crux of this whole thing is where to draw that line.

If you extrapolate gender identity to other issues a similar logic should be applied.

A 9 year old wants to engage in sexual activity? That is a no, and for very good reasons.

A 9 year old wants to get a permanent tattoo? That's a no.

A 9 year old feels that they are the wrong gender and wants to transition? Surgery? Hormones? That's a no.

Supportive parenting and discussions, as well as including CAMHS? That would be a good idea.

Blindingly accepting the child's wishes on the issue or other issues that can negatively impact on their wellbeing? Bad idea.

Stop peddling this nonsense about 9 year olds having surgery. You're just msking it up.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

It's not.

It actually is, are you from or do you live in a city?

• Advertisement

No. It's fact.

Jesus.

What other aspect of life would you be willing to make such a great leap of reality?

A man is undeniably a man. A woman is undeniably a woman.

I am not forcing my opinion on anyone.

It IS your opinion and you ARE forcing it people by claiming that it's reality.

Who's reality? Yours?
    I'm such a bigot.

Can't believe that on this thread I'm called a reality denier because in MY reality a boy is a boy and a girl is a girl. How dare I assume your reality. Because reality is subjective now.

I've also been called homophobic because I used a groups preferred description as I was not aware that as a non-gay, I am precluded from using certain words.

Again - who's reality? Yours?

And no one called you anything. Put away the victim cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Or is it theres a line of "appropriateness" or what would be considered "not normal" for a kid to wear?

You brought items of a sexual nature into the discussion regarding kids.

What is wrong with a girl wanting to wear trousers?
    silverharp wrote: »
    so by extension the recent spate of alleged trans-gendered 5 and 7 year olds says more about the parents than the kids

What spate of kids?

There has been about 12 kids out of a population of 900,000 under 18's in Ireland who have obtained gender recognition certs, 10 were born female(source PrimeTime), it's a miniscule number.

I am. It's not commonplace to see men wearing dresses

Do you realise how ridiculous that argument is? It's my OPINION that gravity exists. It's also my OPINION that boys are people that were born with a penis

I was called homophobic.

I am. It's not commonplace to see men wearing dresses

Do you realise how ridiculous that argument is? It's my OPINION that gravity exists. It's also my OPINION that boys are people that were born with a penis

It really is, you just probably don't even notice them.

It really isn't. I would.

Also, by your logic, how dare you deny my reality that I am a victim?

(Although for the record, I never claimed to be one)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

klaaaz wrote: »
    What spate of kids?

There has been about 12 kids out of a population of 900,000 under 18's in Ireland who have obtained gender recognition certs, 10 were born female(source PrimeTime), it's a miniscule number.

wasnt there some school in england with several "cases" , it thats not a parental induced mania....

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

It really isn't. I would.

You can't see the forest for the trees.

Also, by your logic, how dare you deny my reality that I am a victim?

(Although for the record, I never claimed to be one)

Read the posts before you reply.

1 - I never denied you your reality (Lord knows what made you think I was)
    2 - I never said you were a victim. YOU said you were a victim when you accused implied someone called you a bigot. Don't know about the homophobe one, as it wasn't me.

Done here. You can have the final word.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I was called homophobic.

When?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

No I wouldn’t.

Of course there’s a line of appropriateness. No one said there wasn’t.

they/them/theirs

[
    Brian? wrote:
    Right so. That’s the very definition of transphobia. I’ll bow out here. There’s no point.

Brian? wrote:
    When?

Apologies. I'm transphobic apparently. Not homophobic

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Jmsg

Yeah, when you start to see this sort of craic you nearly think there might be some truth to the Church's take on sexual morality..

Sexual activity is fundamentally a mechanism for depositing sperm to induce pregnancy which is how it is solely expressed throughout all of nature. In this context the pleasure aspect functions to trick or rather guide the deft mind or consciousness of a primitive organism into performing the activity, just as exists with the expulsion of waste. This is not to say that sex ought be a surgical kind of procedure for inducing pregnancy, there's also the very important pair bonding aspect which is it's sole other purpose anything aside from this i.e. promiscuity is inherently degenerate for rational reasons not because the church says so.

But as we modern people are entering into very dangerous territory re dissociation from nature in general, the total divorce of sex from procreation via the implementation of universally available reliable contraceptives and instilling it in the cultural norms it as something arbitrary, not with a specific purpose of building strong families for the foundation of a strong society but rather something recreational at base, has been destabalising the society in the recent times to no end and is something that will be exasperated inevitably more and more as time proceeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Where?

Where?

Walk around a major city and you will see men dressed as women every day. I know of 3 that work in the IFSC and would be seen regularly on any given day around there and the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Walk around a major city and you will see men dressed as women every day. I know of 3 that work in the IFSC and would be seen regularly on any given day around there and the city.

I don't think that qualifies as commonplace.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Walk around a major city and you will see men dressed as women every day.
    I've been in more than a few major cities throughout the world and over many a year and other than occasions like a Pride march/day if I've seen two dozen men dressed as women walking about in everyday life I'd be surprised. And yep one would tend to notice them as I hate to break it to you the vast majority of men don't pass for women too easily. Unless you're Stevie Wonder. Commonplace my eye.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    I've been in more than a few major cities throughout the world and over many a year and other than occasions like a Pride march/day if I've seen two dozen men dressed as women walking about in everyday life I'd be surprised. And yep one would tend to notice them as I hate to break it to you the vast majority of men don't pass for women too easily. Unless you're Stevie Wonder. Commonplace my eye.

I think you seriously need to open your eyes man. Every time I’m in Dublin I see plenty of men wearing women’s clothes. And it’s probably less prevalent there than any other city I frequent.

Par example: I meet a group of about 9-10 cross dressers in the Porterhouses one night. Got chatting to one at the bar, they said they don’t bother with gay/trans bars anymore. They just go to normal pubs and no one bothers them really, just the, occasional dickhead.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Brian? wrote: »
    I think you seriously need to open your eyes man. Every time I’m in Dublin I see plenty of men wearing women’s clothes.
    You see plenty of transvestite men wandering about every time you're in Dublin? I dunno where in Dublin you frequent. At night maybe, in the daytime? Even at night outside of certain places hardly "plenty" and a convenient anecdote about a group of transvestites in the Porterhouse doesn't change that. Yeah, I'm calling bollocks.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement