Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Brian? wrote: »
    I think you seriously need to open your eyes man. Every time I’m in Dublin I see plenty of men wearing women’s clothes. And it’s probably less prevalent there than any other city I frequent.

Par example: I meet a group of about 9-10 cross dressers in the Porterhouses one night. Got chatting to one at the bar, they said they don’t bother with gay/trans bars anymore. They just go to normal pubs and no one bothers them really, just the, occasional dickhead.

Sounds like a stag party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

klaaaz wrote: »
    You brought items of a sexual nature into the discussion regarding kids.

They're items of clothes.
    Some are claiming they let their kids wear whatever they want. Which of course is absolute nonsense.
    Everyone has a line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

No I wouldn’t.

Of course there’s a line of appropriateness. No one said there wasn’t.

Buy you said you would let them wear whatever they wanted....

At least we have progress. There are clothes even Brian ,like everyone else, wouldnt let his kids wear.

Marginal gains.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Wibbs wrote: »
    You see plenty of transvestite men wandering about every time you're in Dublin? I dunno where in Dublin you frequent. At night maybe, in the daytime? Even at night outside of certain places hardly "plenty" and a convenient anecdote about a group of transvestites in the Porterhouse doesn't change that. Yeah, I'm calling bollocks.

Classy, calling me a liar.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Roger and Brian, take a break from the thread for 24 hours. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Classy, calling me a liar.
    Not at all, exaggerating yes. The statement that you and Timberrr made that there are plenty of cross dressing men in Dublin on a daily basis is more than an exaggeration and I'd bet the farm a straw poll of Dubliners would back my angle up more than yours. Unless you define "plenty" by a different criteria to the rest of us. Timberrr reckoned there were three working in the IFCS, which when set against the ten thousand plus who work there, never mind pass through certainly seems like a different criteria for "plenty". Or you frequent more places where you're more likely to bump into male transvestites in Dublin. Which is entirely possible I suppose.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I have said many times: no hormones, no surgery and allow them to make the choice when they’re 18.

Great. We have found some common ground. The problem is is that the child trans charity, Mermaids, and the officially funded Tavistock Institute do advocate puberty blockers and aggressive transitioning for children. To question this or to try and have a debate about it results in you being labelled a transphobe and a bigot. You could have the police calling at your door and you could have your employment targeted.

This a huge issue, and a lot more complicated than most people realise. If you can accept that giving kids puberty blockers is a very bad idea, then I hope you can appreciate why some of us have started to speak out about this.

If you want to get some idea of where we are in this debate, keep an eye over the next couple of days for a report about Johnathan/Jessica Yaniv, aka, Balldemort and waxmyballs. He's a Canadian who IDs as a woman and has an unnatural interest in female menstruation. He knows a co-founder of twitter and has been responsible for getting feminists banned from the platform. He is also in the process of trying to sue 15 female beauticians who have refused to wax his scrotum.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

For me, one wonderful thing about life is that on a near weekly basis you wake up and by the end of the day reads or hears a collection of words you never imagined existing in the same sentence and in that order. Thanks D you're the man who provided that for me today. :D
    Dante7 wrote: »
    He is also in the process of trying to sue 15 female beauticians who have refused to wax his scrotum.

Though I have noticed over the last few years more and more what the hell did I just read moments. You would think with the passing of years and age surprise would be less, but nope.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,386 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If you want to get some idea of where we are in this debate, keep an eye over the next couple of days for a report about Johnathan/Jessica Yaniv, aka, Balldemort and waxmyballs. He's a Canadian who IDs as a woman and has an unnatural interest in female menstruation. He knows a co-founder of twitter and has been responsible for getting feminists banned from the platform. He is also in the process of trying to sue 15 female beauticians who have refused to wax his scrotum.

How is this going to tell us 'where we are in this debate'?

Where exactly do you think we ARE in this debate, for a start?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

My opinion is that we are in a place in this debate where any dissenting view is being shut down. People are being banned from social media platforms and are having their livelihoods targeted, simply for having an opposing view. People are being reported to police for the crime of misgendering. We have a situation where an adult male is pretending to be a woman so he can access young girls and to question this results in a social media pile on and lawsuits. That's were we are.

My opinion is that we are in a place in this debate where any dissenting view is being shut down. People are being banned from social media platforms and are having their livelihoods targeted, simply for having an opposing view. People are being reported to police for the crime of misgendering. We have a situation where an adult male is pretending to be a woman so he can access young girls and to question this results in a social media pile on and lawsuits. That's were we are.

I think you may have posted that in the wrong thread.

We're taking about the level of transgenderism is acceptable/unacceptable in children and at what age transition should be allowed to commence.

Lots of pro and con, two people were asked not to post for 24 hours, no ones been banned, there's been no shut down.

We're taking about the level of transgenderism is acceptable/unacceptable in children and at what age transition should be allowed to commence.

Lots of pro and con, two people were asked not to post for 24 hours, no ones been banned, there's been no shut down.

I posted my comment in the correct thread. It is the main active thread on Boards about these issues.

The limited discussion on Boards is not representative of the bigger debate that is being suppressed on other, larger platforms. People are literally having their livelihoods threatened for having an opposing view on this. I welcome Boards allowing this debate happen.

I am very happy to discuss this.

But even Boards has an issue with allowing discussion of this topic.

I created a thread titled, "John Boyne forced off Twitter". A mod took it upon himself to change the thread title to "John Boyne received abuse from strangers.".

Wtf? John Boyne, celebrated author, gay man and genuinely good guy declared that he felt he was forced off Twitter. Several respected journalists and fellow authors wrote articles or posted messages also stating that they believed he was forced off Twitter. But a wokey blokey mod on Boards made a personal decision to change the thread title to more align with their beliefs and to think that they know better thatn John Boyne or Paul Howard or Rick O'Shea - or even me. How very dare they.

I posted my comment in the correct thread. It is the main active thread on Boards about these issues.

The limited discussion on Boards is not representative of the bigger debate that is being suppressed on other, larger platforms. People are literally having their livelihoods threatened for having an opposing view on this. I welcome Boards allowing this debate happen.

I am very happy to discuss this.

Definitely not what we're discussing.

Iteresting viewpoint though. In think you'd be better starting a fresh thread on the topic, but you'd be some concrete examples as reference.

Definitely not what we're discussing.

Iteresting viewpoint though. In think you'd be better starting a fresh thread on the topic, but you'd be some concrete examples as reference.

What references or examples would you like? I will happily provide cited references to everything I am asserting.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I don't think that qualifies as commonplace.

Really? Walk down the grafton st area during lunch break and you will see more. Go to certain areas if the city at night and yup...you will see more. Any given day/night in Dublin and most major cities you will see men dressed as women

Really? Walk down the grafton st area during lunch break and you will see more. Go to certain areas if the city at night and yup...you will see more. Any given day/night in Dublin and most major cities you will see men dressed as women

lived in dublin seven or eight years now and its not double figures of times ive seen this.

theres no need to uh fib for effect

That's a big fib.

Don't fib.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Dante7, if there is something you want to discuss on this topic that isn't covered here, start a new thread. Other posters have directly told you what you are trying to steer towards isn't what is being discussed, so stop trying to drag the thread somewhere else. Your discussion can be had, but not here. Start a new thread and let people continue the discussion they are having.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

lived in dublin seven or eight years now and its not double figures of times ive seen this.

theres no need to uh fib for effect

Again, you didnt see because you were not looking. When you walk in a forest you don't notice individual trees you just see trees ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

Surely attendance at the library event was not mandatory so if parents were uncomfortable with their children attending then don't bring them along. For others they might have thought it was fun so they could have gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Its all alt right

Again, you didnt see because you were not looking.

This is all getting very like the Emperor's new clothes

Again, you didnt see because you were not looking. When you walk in a forest you don't notice individual trees you just see trees ;)

......i hope you havent been walking around dublin telling homely women that they are men in drag.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

......i hope you havent been walking around dublin telling homely women that they are men in drag.....

No, no, you are mistaken, there are loads of lads in frocks on streets because trees.
    Clearer now, I hope. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

zapitastas wrote: »
    Surely attendance at the library event was not mandatory so if parents were uncomfortable with their children attending then don't bring them along. For others they might have thought it was fun so they could have gone.

Well said. It's the former dictating to the latter with their protests over their "gender norms" being breached over an item of clothing. They want their 1950's society back prohibiting girls wearing trousers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

This is all getting very like the Emperor's new clothes

It is. But isnt the whole 'transgender' thing really like the Emperor's new clothes?
    It is being discussed like it really has some substance to it, with discussion focusing for example on to what extent and from what age children should be encourage/allowed/helped to go for various steps of changing dress, behaviour, drugs, surgery, to pretend that they are not the sex they really are.

Should the discussion not be on why and how has the idea that there is such a thing as transgender become a discussed topic as if there were some grounds to it? Gender cannot be changed. There is no such thing as 'trans'gender.

zapitastas wrote: »

I don’t personally know the layout of the library branch where this was to take place, but I do know that in my own similarly sized branch library the junior library had to be closed when events were taking place, so parents bringing children casually to borrow books would be literally be turned away. This caused grief to staff at the best of times when parents would question the validity of closing the place (there was no separate space to host events) for normal business during school visits, etc, when numbers had to be strictly controlled for fire evacuation purposes. Now if the already irate parents saw “Glitter Hole, Drag Storytelling” on view behind the glass door, (knowing customers as I do) there would likely be more serious grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Jmsg

It is. But isnt the whole 'transgender' thing really like the Emperor's new clothes?
    It is being discussed like it really has some substance to it, with discussion focusing for example on to what extent and from what age children should be encourage/allowed/helped to go for various steps of changing dress, behaviour, drugs, surgery, to pretend that they are not the sex they really are.

Should the discussion not be on why and how has the idea that there is such a thing as transgender become a discussed topic as if there were some grounds to it? Gender cannot be changed. There is no such thing as 'trans'gender.

The idea of gender being a spectrum actually has truth to it in a psychological sense. There are masculine women and feminine men as benign traits. But one does need to establish an identity as one's biological sex, anything else is a pathology the supporting of which cannot lead to any good outcomes.

A distinction must be made between homosexuality and transgenderism. The confusion around this issue appears to be stemming from a conflation of the two. The former appears (regardless as to what extent it is genetically or environmentally determined) to become locked in as patterning from a young age and cannot be changed. Transexuals however, are experiencing an identity crisis the nature of which will be bound to change overtime as they get older opening up the possibility of overcoming it through integrating a broader sense of themselves beyond their gender identity. The idea of giving hormonal treatments, surgery etc. to children and adolescence to change their gender is as twisted as could be.

Again, you didnt see because you were not looking. When you walk in a forest you don't notice individual trees you just see trees

You're right. I'm not "looking" for cross dressers. I fail to see how that would mean I wouldn't notice one.

That's such a silly equivalence.
    zapitastas wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree. This should never have been cancelled.

• Advertisement

Tehnically true as most person claim they were never the original gender in the first place.

How has it become a topic? Well, living in a free and modern society that has the scientific ability to re-align someone's gender.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement