Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Zorya wrote: »
    This is normal now. Drag Kids Brunch, where adults can sip coffee and cocktails and perve on the little boys vamping in their gowns and makeup...

https://twitter.com/vicecanada/status/1136676637423149056

You're a square if you don't cheer yourself raw.
    "Daily Vice". Well named. This ****e is beyond sick and twisted and that it's in plain sight and openly "celebrated" by some is concerning.

Nuke the site from orbit just to be sure.
    tumblr_mwxpvlcA0d1sw4gp3o1_500.gif

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I had the misfortune of seeing our hero desmond in a video where he was snorting and the other adult was talking about ketamine.

oh here are the mods......Its' fantastic I wish my kids were as cool .:pac:

the offending piece.

https://youtu.be/Pmrp3JVFrb8?t=57

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

But leaving aside the blatantly sexualising elements of this particular story where would you stand on the indoctrination or conditioning via media, entertainment, even education increasingly, of children about the possibility of being born in the wrong body, sex being mutable, moving towards coping with feelings of unease by treatments including the possibiliity of cross sex hormones which lead to setrility and impotence. At 8 in the US now, at 16 here at the moment, long before the frontal lobes are developed.

Fair questions.

The media promoting the social acceptance of transsexual people is fine with me. It's not a recent thing as anyone who remembers the days of Roy Cropper and Hayley on Coronation Street will know.

I'm even OK with teaching kids that trans people exist and should be treated with respect. I'm not that sure about how this should be communicated to kids though. I would like whatever they teach to be be scientific and not leave effeminate boys and tomboy girls thinking that there's something wrong with them. I don't know how you achieve that but allowing activists access to kids as they are doing in the UK seems like a bad idea.

Kids should also not be taught that sex is mutable. That's nonsense. I can somewhat get behind the idea of gender as a social construct but sex doesn't change. It just doesn't. Maybe in the future we'll be able to do it by changing chromosomes and replacing organs but right now, we simply can't go beyond cosmetic changes.

I also think that kids shouldn't be getting transitioned. I'd be OK with the 16 years as a limit but I don't see how a prepubescent kid can make an informed decision on something so irreversible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Fair questions.

The media promoting the social acceptance of transsexual people is fine with me. It's not a recent thing as anyone who remembers the days of Roy Cropper and Hayley on Coronation Street will know.

I'm even OK with teaching kids that trans people exist and should be treated with respect. I'm not that sure about how this should be communicated to kids though. I would like whatever they teach to be be scientific and not leave effeminate boys and tomboy girls thinking that there's something wrong with them. I don't know how you achieve that but allowing activists access to kids as they are doing in the UK seems like a bad idea.

Kids should also not be taught that sex is mutable. That's nonsense. I can somewhat get behind the idea of gender as a social construct but sex doesn't change. It just doesn't. Maybe in the future we'll be able to do it by changing chromosomes and replacing organs but right now, we simply can't go beyond cosmetic changes.

I also think that kids shouldn't be getting transitioned. I'd be OK with the 16 years as a limit but I don't see how a prepubescent kid can make an informed decision on something so irreversible.

Don't agree with all of this, but certainly with a good portion and we could have room for reasonable debate I feel.
    Thanks, mcmoustache.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Wibbs wrote: »
    "Daily Vice". Well named. This ****e is beyond sick and twisted and that it's in plain sight and openly "celebrated" by some is concerning.

Burn it. Burn it with fire. All of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I have no doubt that where this an eight or nine or old girl photographed at an event like the Folsom Street Fair, for example, while heterosexual guys all stood around in admiration of her twerking, there would be uproar the like of which we've never seen, so why is this seen so differently.

Why do liberals only appear to care when young girls are sexualized at a young age by straight men. This boys parents should find themselves in court over this.

https://twitter.com/Gpalmer_32/status/1137434724140556289

jaw dropping. someone try to defend this, please, i want to hear how this is a good thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

That creature has no booty to shake. I agree, repulsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

That child needs to be rescued.

Don't agree with all of this, but certainly with a good portion and we could have room for reasonable debate I feel.
    Thanks, mcmoustache.

I had to leave work for rehearsal so had to cut it short. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Wibbs wrote: »

It's like those kiddie pageants in the US. Speaking of, have you got any more of those explosives lying around?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

It's like those kiddie pageants in the US.

This is a very poor standard of debating. It's extreme strawmanning which, if left to its natural conclusion would reduce all debate to the participants having to discuss situations which are irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Oh its perfectly innocent and fine. And he does a fine gwn stefani.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Dante7 wrote: »
    It's like those kiddie pageants in the US.

This is a very poor standard of debating. It's extreme strawmanning which, if left to its natural conclusion would reduce all debate to the participants having to discuss situations which are irrelevant.

What debate is to be had? Desmond's parents are doing a sh1te job, exposing him to lifestyle unsuitable for kids and letting him hang out with murderers and druggies. Scandalous really. That's all that needs to be said.

Drag is to women and Blackface is to black people.

problem?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

Am I on a list for watching that video? Fcuking hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Calhoun wrote: »
    14? ancient

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Indeed lol compared to the standard overseas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

paw patrol wrote: »
    I had the misfortune of seeing our hero desmond in a video where he was snorting and the other adult was talking about ketamine.

oh here are the mods......Its' fantastic I wish my kids were as cool .:pac:

the offending piece.

https://youtu.be/Pmrp3JVFrb8?t=57

He just wipes his nose. You people are sick.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Hang on... The poster is more than a little uncomfortable with a child being sexualised in plain sight in certain sections of the media and in this video with two adult men, one of whom was in prison for the murder of another? And the poster is what's "sick" here?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote:
    Hang on... The poster is more than a little uncomfortable with a child being sexualised in plain sight in certain sections of the media and in this video with two adult men, one of whom was in prison for the murder of another? And the poster is what's "sick" here?

I'm assuming it was just missing the sarcastic emoji...

Dante7 wrote: »

It's not really. I'm making the point that sexualising kids isn't cool and shouldn't get a pass just because it's an lgbt event.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

14? ancient

Bit too much hair for their liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

and the audio in the piece...ketamine etc...all good I assume:rolleyes:
    I'm assuming it was just missing the sarcastic emoji...

i really hope so ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I have no doubt that where this an eight or nine or old girl photographed at an event like the Folsom Street Fair, for example, while heterosexual guys all stood around in admiration of her twerking, there would be uproar the like of which we've never seen, so why is this seen so differently.

Why do liberals only appear to care when young girls are sexualized at a young age by straight men. This boys parents should find themselves in court over this.

https://twitter.com/Gpalmer_32/status/1137434724140556289

Aaahhh, I personally know many liberal-leaning people (and full on self-admitted liberals) who would not be anything less than disgusted at that footage. Why do you think otherwise? There is a world outside Twitter. And going by the amount of likes and retweets under the tweet, there’s probably tonnes of comments too. I doubt you went through all the tweets in agreement with the tweeter and ascertained that none of them were of a liberal persuasion.

Those creepy child beauty pageants still go in the US and probably other countries too. I fear that those who want a socially-acceptable way to sexualise children will find a way, though it doesn’t need to be that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

Why do you think otherwise?

For some people it's more important to reinforce this divide between liberals and conservatives than the actual topic being discussed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Achasanai wrote: »
    For some people it's more important to reinforce this divide between liberals and conservatives than the actual topic being discussed.

I know, totally! I don’t get it. You can’t lump all conservative folk together so why do people think you can do so for liberals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

He doesn't 'just wipe his nose'

The man behind him says "And people do ketamine on a couch"

Desmond then proceeds to mimic snorting Ketamine off the top of his wrist, which is a very common way for someone to take a 'bump' of powdered drugs such as Ketamine or Coke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Children throwing money at a sexually suggestive drag performer at an all ages drag show,

Things are only going to get more and more blatant and at some point those in favour of this madness are going to have to face reality or else be basically endorsing paedophilia

Ask yourselves 'How far are you willing to let it go? Are there no limits to what you will accept in order to be 'progressive'?

Screen-Shot-2019-06-16-at-18-46-26.png
    Screen-Shot-2019-06-16-at-18-46-33.png

• Advertisement

Context HW? Actually, you know what fuck context, that's just atomic powered depraved screwed up shit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement