Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

bubblypop wrote: »
    I think most people would react the same if an 11 year old girl was dancing & grating sexily for an audience of grown men.
    Nothing to do with gay, straight or whatever, everything to do with child protection

Ludicrous stuff.. what social norms make it acceptable for 11 year old girls to dance (for money) in front of straight men.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

bubblypop wrote: »
    I think most people would react the same if an 11 year old girl was dancing & grating sexily for an audience of grown men.
    Nothing to do with gay, straight or whatever, everything to do with child protection

I disagree but would be happy to debate the point. I only see a thread about a boy dancing for a gay audience.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Omackeral wrote: »
    FFS Brian. It's a valid point to explore and discuss. You're being obtuse.

Yes I am being obtuse.

But I refuse to allow people to conflate being gay and being a pederast. It’s wrong.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Brian? wrote: »
    Yes it is, IMO. In a gay club in the Bronx, or so someone said earlier. Because that’s how drag performers earn money in NY clubs.

Yeah, he's 11 years of age. Eleven.
    It being outrageous is a matter of opinion. Not an objective fact.

Yeah it's my opinion, as is most of what I post. Hot take there.

Jumbo2018 wrote: »
    But this is an 11 year old boy.

Bit different than a regular drag performer.

Younger, yes.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jumbo2018

I disagree but would be happy to debate the point. I only see a thread about a boy dancing for a gay audience.

Which is essentially the same as a 11 year old girl dancing for group of straight males.

But this is an 11 year old boy.

Bit different than a regular drag performer.

He knows that. He's just too petty to admit he's wrong on this.

Yeah, he's 11 years of age. Eleven.

I’m aware of that. You asked questions, I answered them with the facts. Is that not what you wanted
    Yeah it's my opinion, as is most of what I post. Hot take there.

That wasn’t how you presented it. I believe it isn’t outrageous.

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Can't believe people are actually trying to defend this.

A gay poster rightly said earlier that it was wrong for the child dancing at the gay bar, but unfortunately here on boards there is a cadre of posters who will defend the indefensible if it involves certain marginalised groups; irrespective of the scenario. Even with obvious black & white issues, they will always show up and tell us that there is a grey area ....... just in case there may be a negative perception of their protected group.

There are a number of these "grey area" posters on this thread and they should be ashamed of themselves. Trying to defend the indefensible is not liberal, progressive or cool .......... it is utterly contemptible.

I’m far from petty. Play fair and drop the insults or I’m out. I’d appreciate an apology for that.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Zorya wrote: »
    Have you seen other threads on transgender children. There are more than one or two on boards who believe in very few limits to what children can do. There is quite a cohort actually.

I've looked on that LGBT Forum before actually and you're banned or warned if you even attempt to say, well most anything really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

I know this is boards and I shouldn't be surprised, but Christ I thought even here we wouldn't get a person trying to defend or "enlighten" the rest of us on this sickening ****e

My God what disgusting and disturbed individuals, a child would be safer on a weekend of training with Iraqi Insurgents than in the hands of some people in here :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

My knowledge of strip clubs is fairly limited barring a few adventures as a young man. Maybe you could enlighten me?
    Why are you so adamant he's a drag dancer if you don't understand the alternatives?

A table dance is essentially what you see in the video. Very similar to a lap dance, but not on the lap.

Definitely sexualised, if only for the state of partial undress

Which is essentially the same as a 11 year old girl dancing for group of straight males.

Yes?

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

I’m not a moral authority. It’s not up to me what’s unacceptable. If it’s legal, what can I do?

That's the outlook of an intellectual coward if ever I've seen one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yes I am being obtuse.

But I refuse to allow people to conflate being gay and being a pederast. It’s wrong.

No one is conflating that though? They would also say the same thing about an 11 year old girl dancing for men who are throwing money at her. Or at least I know I would for one. Would that be conflating heterosexually with pedophilia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I’m far from petty. Play fair and drop the insults or I’m out. I’d appreciate an apology for that.

You will be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jumbo2018

Quite depressing the poster Brian? is also a moderator on boards.

if thee are the people who are supposed to uphold standards for here you know this place must have really lost the run of itself.

Yes I am being obtuse.

If people want to link those two, then that's their ignorance. Fcuk them (not actually though)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Or worse.. he actually believes what he's posting which is far more concerning TBH.

That's the bigger issue.. a lot of these ideologues aren't just trolling to stir up controversy. They actually DON'T see anything wrong with what they're peddling.

This is why there's an increasing backlash against this. Most ordinary people have a sense of cop on, decency and what's fundamentally right and wrong (especially where children are concerned), and they've had enough of being told that this is "wrong", "outdated", "offensive" by what would have been considered cranks for the National Enquirer or the Sun 20 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,496 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

It's actually very easy to compare the whole "if it was an 11 year old girl" discussion.

If I decided to post a link to a video that says "11 year old girl, dressed provocatively, dances for money", how many of you would click it? If not, for what reason would you not click it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

No because it is not the same thing, in this case he is performing as a drag queen I don't see how a girl can perform that role since it involves a male dressing up as a female and performing for an audience. I don't see him performing as the sexualisation of a child therefore, I see nothing wrong with it.

Ok well if an 11 year old girl wanted to perform fully clothed in a strip club and be treated as a regular adult performer by having money thrown at her that would be ok since according to you it's better to allow children to "express themselves"? That's what the equivalent is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Brian, if, hypothetically that was your son up there? Would you be comfortable. Apologies if this has been questioned before?

I’m aware of that. You asked questions, I answered them with the facts. Is that not what you wanted

That wasn’t how you presented it. I believe it isn’t outrageous.

So you're pedantic as well as obtuse. You put yourself across as this fair, level-headed debater but the reality is that you're really not one when you're backed into a corner.

That's the outlook of an intellectual coward if ever I've seen one.

That’s actually an interesting point. Can you explain.

You think I should adopt a moral stance on all subjects?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Totally fcuked up and shame on anyone defending that. An eleven year old child dancing in a sexualised situation with money being thrown at him by boozed up adults yelping and hollering at a child in a belly top is all kinds of perverted and shame on anyone who defends it and shame on the creeps in the video jeering. You shouldn’t even need to switch the genders to prove the point of how fcuked up it is.

''I'm not petty..... Say sorry or I'm going home''.

See ya later so. You'll get no apology from me for your shameful debating style or for your questionable viewpoints on this quite honestly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Kivaro wrote: »
    A gay poster rightly said earlier that it was wrong for the child dancing at the gay bar, but unfortunately here on boards there is a cadre of posters who will defend the indefensible if it involves certain marginalised groups; irrespective of the scenario. Even with obvious black & white issues, they will always show up and tell us that there is a grey area ....... just in case there may be a negative perception of their protected group.

There are a number of these "grey area" posters on this thread and they should be ashamed of themselves. Trying to defend the indefensible is not liberal, progressive or cool .......... it is utterly contemptible.

So we can't have a different opinion on a situation because it is obviously "black and white". Therefore, there is only one correct interpretation of the situation and any different interpretation of the situation is wrong and should not be entertained.

I thought this was a discussion forum where differing opinions can be discussed but, I guess I was wrong. We must all be sheep and give into the popular opinion and not question the perceived "correct" interpretation of a situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

That’s actually an interesting point. Can you explain.

You think I should adopt a moral stance on all subjects?

So, you don't have one on any? Or just the ones where morals might undermine the point you're trying to make?

• Advertisement

What do you disagree with, exactly?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement