If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference between Sony KD43XF8577 & KD43XF7596BU

Options
  • 05-01-2019 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, wondering what is difference between these two tvs?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi, wondering what is difference between these two tvs?
    Hi WoollyRedHat.

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately the 43XF7596 is not a TV that we stock so I'm not familiar with it.
    It looks to be a Currys exclusive.

After a bit of Googling on the 7596, main differences would be:
    The 8 series are the better television as they are the range above the 7 series.
    The first difference between the two I can see is the motion processing. The 8577 runs at 1000Hz motion Flow and the 7596 at 400Hz.
    As far as I can tell the 8577 is a 100Hz panel and the 7596 only 50Hz.

Any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hi WoollyRedHat.

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately the 43XF7596 is not a TV that we stock so I'm not familiar with it.
    It looks to be a Currys exclusive.

After a bit of Googling on the 7596, main differences would be:
    The 8 series are the better television as they are the range above the 7 series.
    The first difference between the two I can see is the motion processing. The 8577 runs at 1000Hz motion Flow and the 7596 at 400Hz.
    As far as I can tell the 8577 is a 100Hz panel and the 7596 only 50Hz.

Any questions please let me know.

HI Kenny thanks for quick reply, that makes sense, still trying to get my head around sequence of numbers and how that represents older and newer series for likes of Sony, Phillips, LG etc. Think the price of the Sony might be a bit steep for me on second thoughts for what is going to be a secondary TV.

I'm in the market for a 43 inch TV for my bedroom that is both 4k and HDR, I see the LG 43UK6750PLD comes highly recommended by yous in the size range. Can I please ask what the upscaling/rendering is like from non native to 4K on this model? Also is this model HDR Compatible/ready or is it true HDR.. How many nits are there? Finally I notice one of the Irish electronic stores have a similar LG brand - 43UK6950PLB LG 43", I presume from looking at the numbers that this is a slightly newer model. Am I right in saying the only real difference is the sound? Thanks in advance.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi woolly,

in broad terms the 'numbers' LG and Sony deploy do not refer to the age or generation of the TV's - both Sony and LG at the moment are using the letters as the year indicator - for LG 'UK' is the current 2018/9 generation ( 'UJ' was 2017/8) and for Sony 'XF' is the current 2018/9 range ( 'XE' was 2016/7).

For Sony the 6/7/8/ series then relate to performance enhancements across the ranges - LG also have a 63/64/67/69 series in the 'UK' range and again these refer to either performance enhancements or additional features / accessories - LG have a really excellent comparison feature on their UK website which will show you the individual enhancements as you go up their range.

In terms of the LG 43UK6950 - this is an excellent TV - we do have it available in stock but we don't list it on our website - it is NOT a newer TV than the 6750 but it does have some features such as a metal bezel and a magic remote included but otherwise they are pretty identical.

As above we have the 43UK6950 available from stock and we are at €409 on it at the moment including delivery and our 6 year warranty,
    ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hi woolly,

in broad terms the 'numbers' LG and Sony deploy do not refer to the age or generation of the TV's - both Sony and LG at the moment are using the letters as the year indicator - for LG 'UK' is the current 2018/9 generation ( 'UJ' was 2017/8) and for Sony 'XF' is the current 2018/9 range ( 'XE' was 2016/7).

For Sony the 6/7/8/ series then relate to performance enhancements across the ranges - LG also have a 63/64/67/69 series in the 'UK' range and again these refer to either performance enhancements or additional features / accessories - LG have a really excellent comparison feature on their UK website which will show you the individual enhancements as you go up their range.

In terms of the LG 43UK6950 - this is an excellent TV - we do have it available in stock but we don't list it on our website - it is NOT a newer TV than the 6750 but it does have some features such as a metal bezel and a magic remote included but otherwise they are pretty identical.

As above we have the 43UK6950 available from stock and we are at €409 on it at the moment including delivery and our 6 year warranty,
    ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

HI John thanks for this,good to know. I'm now thinking of buying a bigger and more premium TV for sitting room and moving current set to Mt room. Will start a new thread.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi woolly,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

HI John thanks for this,good to know. I'm now thinking of buying a bigger and more premium TV for sitting room and moving current set to Mt room. Will start a new thread.
    No worries WoollyRedHat.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.