Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Building a lean-to side shed

• 05-01-2019 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi All
    I'm thinking of building a lean-to side shed along the gable of my house. Passage width is approx 1500mm from gable of the house (blockwork) to the concrete post/timber fence separating the neighbors from ourselves. intend to build it in timber, want to insulate it and have it weather tight and provide power. Will be used for general shed storage and some hobby stuff if I've space.

Has anyone done something similar?

Would appreciate any guidance on weathering details, suitable roof build-ups and recommended insulation details. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,674 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Will you build a supporting wall inside the boundary or what?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭REFLINE1

Will you build a supporting wall inside the boundary or what?

I was thinking of pouring 150mm concrete on existing paving and essentially building a stud framed wall inside the line of the concrete posts fixing the stud wall to the concrete posts for support. Attached is a pic of existing situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭REFLINE1

Would appreciate some advice on the best way to insulate it in particular. If the stud walls were 100mm would 75mm foil back board with 25mm air gap be best approach? Also any issues along gable of the existing house?

Advertisement