Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bald with Beard

• 05-01-2019 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭

I am more or less bald and have been for many years except for the lower section of hair above the ears and round the back. In recent years I have started shaving my full head every day as I dont like the old man hair look and its just easier.

I always grow a beard for the winter to keep a bit of heat in my head but since I have been shaving I dont know where to make the line between top of sideburn and bald. I usually just go straight across from the point where my ear joins my head.My beard is about an inch long now and I notice a slight difference in the top few cm's of the sideburns as if they are actually head hair and not beard hair.

Is there a correct point where this style should begin? I would probably rather go a bit lower as I sometimes get a bit of a loop around my ear if I dont shave for a few days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I am more or less bald and have been for many years except for the lower section of hair above the ears and round the back. In recent years I have started shaving my full head every day as I dont like the old man hair look and its just easier.

I always grow a beard for the winter to keep a bit of heat in my head but since I have been shaving I dont know where to make the line between top of sideburn and bald. I usually just go straight across from the point where my ear joins my head.My beard is about an inch long now and I notice a slight difference in the top few cm's of the sideburns as if they are actually head hair and not beard hair.

Is there a correct point where this style should begin? I would probably rather go a bit lower as I sometimes get a bit of a loop around my ear if I dont shave for a few days.
    I go from from ear same as yourself but I try to fade it a bit up at top of sideburns so it fades from bald head into the beard rather than full beard straight off if that makes sense.
    It takes a bit of practice to get the fade done correctly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

The glasses line. I take it you don't wear glasses, that makes it easy. Just taper it from half way up your ear to the top and create a definite line level with where your ear attaches at the top where the frame of glasses would pass. You might need to trim your sideburn and under the cheek slightly to blend it in depending on the shape of your beard.

I've tried myself finishing below the top of the ear and it just doesn't look as good so I've settled for this. The higher you go the better it will look especially with the longer beard below. Remember it will always grow back, after an attempt or two you'll settle for something you're happy with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

My dad has the same issue. A few years ago, he was using a wig that was just looking like fake wig, and its glue also gave great pain and itching. However, a few months back, I purchased a natural looking man toupee for him with perfectly beached hair knots. After wearing it, he was looking very young even my mom was a little jealous. I think its the time when a man should start wearing toupees and hairpiece after having a piece of expert advice.
    Therefore, as compared to hair transplant, hair replacement system could be a better idea to transform looks in the case of baldness, especially from the top.

Advertisement