Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Tracker Retention

• 05-01-2019 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, with the AIB Tracker Retention is there a timeline around which you need to sell your house and buy a new one?
    For example, if you are approved for tracker retention and sell your property but don't find your be property for say 3-6 months later, cans there a Greece period whereby you can still avail of the tracker retention or does all have to be done at the same time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Oceana1

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Oceana1 wrote: »
    Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Generally all agreements with banks are time limited. When my bank consented to remove another party from mortgage they gave 6 months to sort it out or have to reapply. In the end they did agree to extend the period as things got delayed.

This isn't the same case as yours but there will be terms and conditions which should specify this. Have a look and see .

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You'd need to ring them and ask. I spoke to BOI about mine and they said that the sale of the old property and purchase of the new one has to be done at the same time. This is a massive pain, because I'd say my place will be a difficult sell as it is, so if I get a buyer, I'd sooner complete the sale and move into my parent's house for a few months, if needs be.

Advertisement