Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SCAG mower slow to start

Options
  • 05-01-2019 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

hi

iv a scag industrial walk behind mower, with a
    13hp Kawasaki Engine - petrol.

Was starting okay , but noticed it loosing a bit of power.

Then on my last cut of 2018, it was very hard to start. Got it cut eventually but by the time i had finished, it wouldn't start anymore, and well low in power.

So i tried starting it again today and no joy. I then rigged it up so a large drill would turn the engine. Got this goin and the drill spun the engine for about 10 seconds before she eventually started. Let her run for a while, tried again after this and again took about 5 seconds turning engine with the drill before she started. When running it still doesnt seem as powerful as it used to be. And not a hope of starting her with the pull cord.

Any idea what's making this engine so tough to start???

Its been only 2 years since i got the engine almost rebuilt - replacing piston rings, Rocker Gasket ,   Head Gasket   , Crankcase Cover Gasket 

Advertisement